Code of Conduct

Thread: Captive

Default Captive

Dear Friends ,

this is Ashok from india,i Have recently joined as GCMS analyst in EFF, it would be great if you help me to find/read Givaudan,Firminich,IFF,Symrise recent captives by GC-MS ? if you have encountered any before please share your experience .

thanks in advance

Regards
    Ashok

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Captive

Yes, I see captives showing up in GC results. But I am not sure what your question is.
    Your database would be what identifies these captives, as they are not available singly for you to analyze separately and make up your own database profiles.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply,any database(MS libraries) would not give captive names as how we can find the exact name of captives if not how we can suggest some other material in instead those captives? EX : i have analyse fine fragrance in GCMS and found 2 molecules with molecular weight 234 about 5 % in formulation , still i cannot able to identify the name of those materials , can we have any other ways to identify these

please help!

regards
    Ashok

Patent search, e.g. Givaudan patent https://patents.google.com/patent/US6723313B2/en
    Pomarose = Example 2 (2E,5Z)-5,6,7-Trimethylocta-2,5-dien-4-one
    MS (EI): m/e (%)=41 (41) [C3H5], 55 (30) [C4H7], 69 (31) [C4H5O], 123 (20) [M+-C3H7], 136 (33) [M+-2CH3], 151 (100) [M+-CH3], 166 (11) [M+].

MW 234: azurone, symroxane, karmaflor, superambrox, georgywood, yasminate

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ARS View Post
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply,any database(MS libraries) would not give captive names as how we can find the exact name of captives if not how we can suggest some other material in instead those captives? EX : i have analyse fine fragrance in GCMS and found 2 molecules with molecular weight 234 about 5 % in formulation , still i cannot able to identify the name of those materials , can we have any other ways to identify these

please help!

regards
    Ashok
    Yes, sometimes, you cannot ever identify all captives.
    Then the nose of the Perfumer must take over.

And then, there's the whole bit of the ethics of copying other people's hard work of their Perfumery for resale and profit, for which I am vehemently opposed.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

dear Both,

thanks you very much for your valuable feedback , have a good day!!

regards
    Ashok