Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default evolution of an oil

Greetings all,

As part of my training for making perfume using naturals I am working through all my essential oils making notes on their characteristics and how they evolve on a smelling strip over a period of time - until they fade.
    I have completed about 70 up till now.
    This record is obviously subjective and I am keen to find out if there is a definitive directory, list or resource that has noted the evolution of essential oil's odor on a smelling strip

Just wondering...

Default Re: evolution of an oil

Such a database in the public domain most likely does not exist. I think all these records are created by perfumers for personal use, they are very subjective in definitions and therefore can only be useful to their authors. There is also a great variety in the odor profiles of the same raw material, depending on the place of growth, season of assembly, weather each season, extraction method, etc. make such a database very volatile and diverse as natural raw material itself .

Basenotes Plus

Because of the variability of Natural extractions, most of the time, the odor evaluations are more of a "typical" product, rather than specifics of terrior and extractions.
    And I have not seen a timeline of odor profile for single materials, during their drying period, made and published anywhere. Mostly you get a single odor profile list, like that found on The Good Scents Company database, which seems to be universally used in the industry now.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Basenotes Member

Some time ago during reading the book which is called working the bench I've found there a nice tabel which was called Essence Evaluation. After few trials when I was trying to understand these materials I've adjusted it and added some extra handy fields. If you want I can share it with you on your email ( PM pls).

Blog Entries

Thank you folks for your input - yes it was just a thought.My own notes and the Good Scents is the only way -and of course talking to people