Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: L' Artisan - Mass discontinuation.

I also received the email.

Sorry, but my first thought was TKMaxx! That is were we in the UK bought a few years back when the changed to the smoked glass version bottles. The old bottles turned up really cheap in TKMaxx. I think I bought over 10 bottles of the classic L'Artisans.
    DONNA

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    once they started using inferior bottles, I knew the writing was on the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    I also received the email.

Sorry, but my first thought was TKMaxx! That is were we in the UK bought a few years back when the changed to the smoked glass version bottles. The old bottles turned up really cheap in TKMaxx.
    Ditto to all of the above.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Member

Tea for Two

Time for me to start rationing
    Currently wearing: CH Men by Carolina Herrera

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Thanks for the link but I’d rather hunt down some vintage. Rumors of reformulations tend to do crazy things to the mind; I’d rather not have to deal with that.
    Yeah, I hear ya. They are the older bottles, but after I smelled recent Timbuktu I'm quite leery of the entire brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Circo View Post
    Tea for Two

Time for me to start rationing
    If the climate where I live supported it, Tea for Two would be in my weekly rotation.

I will have to stock-pile Mechant Loup and Seville a l'Aube. :sigh: Good bye L'Artisan.

Banned

It’s been a slow, awkward death for L’Artisan.

Hopefully they don’t discontinue Noir Exquis and Traversee du Bosphore, two of the better gourmands released since 2010.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    It’s been a slow, awkward death for L’Artisan.

Hopefully they don’t discontinue Noir Exquis and Traversee du Bosphore, two of the better gourmands released since 2010.
    According to the e-mail those two are on the chopping block!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    According to the e-mail those two are on the chopping block!

That's a shame. Maybe it's time to pick a couple bottles up.

Another day, another sale, more info though as some of the items are listed as discontinued, yet an 'also available in 100ml' text is displayed:

https://www.artisanparfumeur.com/en-...le-treats.html

I'm surprised at the extent of the discontinuation. Many of these are reputation-makers for the house.

Could they be doing this to cope with the same regulation issues that led to Caron clearing house, at least in part?
    Holiday Favorites
    Bentley for Men Intense, English Laundry Windsor, Franck Boclet Tobacco, Guerlain Héritage EDT, L'Erbolario Méharées, L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme, Michael Kors Michael for Men, Rasasi Dhanal Oudh Nashwah, Tom Ford Extreme

Basenotes Plus

Maybe the market has become saturated and the skus aren’t selling well enough.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    Could they be doing this to cope with the same regulation issues that led to Caron clearing house, at least in part?
    See message #24.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    See message #24.
    I'm glad to see the Quorom loosened it's grip on your soul. I was close to calling an exorcist.
    oh look, I have a signature

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    I'm glad to see the Quorom loosened it's grip on your soul. I was close to calling an exorcist.
    I need one periodically, so I bought an exorcycle.

See message #24.
    Great minds...

There are a number of significant regulations taking effect this year that require the discontinuation of unreformulated stock, so it's not a crazy thought, I think.
    Holiday Favorites
    Bentley for Men Intense, English Laundry Windsor, Franck Boclet Tobacco, Guerlain Héritage EDT, L'Erbolario Méharées, L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme, Michael Kors Michael for Men, Rasasi Dhanal Oudh Nashwah, Tom Ford Extreme

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    There are a number of significant regulations taking effect this year that require the discontinuation of unreformulated stock, so it's not a crazy thought, I think.
    If they're EU regs, I'm kind of hoping this stuff gets dumped surreptitiously in the US market rather than being destroyed. ("Hey, buddy, for a cut of the action, I can take all dat oakmoss offa yer hands.")

L'Artisan and Lorenzo Villoresi were some of the first niche brands I tried as these were really hyped back when I first joined Basenotes. I remember buying Voleur de Roses from Barneys in Chicago. I wore it on my wedding night. It has been years since I have worn a L'Artisan fragrance but definitely have fond memories. L'eau du Navigateur was one of my favorites. I didn't even realize that it is discontinued.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
    Link: https://www.artisanparfumeur.com/en-...d-friends.html

I've got the e-mail as well. Most of the stuff in the sale are 50ml bottles, so I wonder whether it's just that particular bottle size that is being discontinued for some fragrances?
    Well now they've changed the text on that page, and eliminated any mention of discontinuation, so who knows what they are up to.
    Currently wearing: Daim Blond by Serge Lutens

Blog Entries

The link doesn't work for me?
    I am in Canada. It just redirects to the home page.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy48 View Post
    Well now they've changed the text on that page, and eliminated any mention of discontinuation, so who knows what they are up to.
    The word "discontinued" is still used for some of their fragrances.

Tell me that again in two weeks when the third niche house announces it's cutting half its product line.
    Maybe not a third of their product line, but I just got an email from M. Micallef: "Preview: Les Exclusifs will not be renewed in 2020. The good news is while stocks last, this collection is available at lower than ever prices on our e-shop*" [*Offer not available on Royal Vintage]. They're offering a 60% discount with the codes EXCLUSIFS19 and EXCLUSIFS19US (for US customers).

https://www.parfumsmicallef.com/shop...ection-c3.html

I have had and swapped several from L'Artisan over the years: Mechant Loup, Havana Vanille, Jour de Fete. My favorite, though, was Framboise TraLaLa - one of the first "hyped" niche scents I remember! Wish they'd re-release it

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by pfranka View Post
    I just got an email from M. Micallef: "Preview: Les Exclusifs will not be renewed in 2020. The good news is while stocks last, this collection is available at lower than ever prices on our e-shop*" [*Offer not available on Royal Vintage]. They're offering a 60% discount with the codes EXCLUSIFS19 and EXCLUSIFS19US (for US customers).

https://www.parfumsmicallef.com/shop...ection-c3.html
    Thank you for this info.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

This is sad and slightly bizarre news, I don't understand why they would do this at sll! I immediately ordered a back up bottle for Safran Troublant, a recent discovery and new love for me. The price for a 100 ml bottle at discounters has dropped to 52 Euros, so that's a small silver lining I guess.
    Currently wearing: Tolu by Ormonde Jayne

Yes!
    near Baden-Baden, Schwarzwald (= Black Forest region), just 12 Km / 7 miles away of French border

@yellowtone >>> Well, just like Penhaligon's, L'Artisan Parfumeur was bought on the same day in January 2015 by the Spanish perfume giant PUIG - and that from US private equity player Fox Paine.

In a short time xxx classic traditional scents disappeared at Penhaligon's.

And the same is happening now for about 3 years at L'Artisan.

TK Maxx shops were "flooded" with fragrances of L'Artisan with a small price!

The PUIG family wants to make a lot of money fast, with these two noble brands.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowtone View Post
    This is sad and slightly bizarre news, I don't understand why they would do this at sll! I immediately ordered a back up bottle for Safran Troublant, a recent discovery and new love for me. The price for a 100 ml bottle at discounters has dropped to 52 Euros, so that's a small silver lining I guess.