Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: L' Artisan - Mass discontinuation.

I really want to try dzing i've heard it's similar to bulgari black..
    A friend of mine had amber extreme that was quite nice.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Foamywax View Post
    It's very nice. Hope you get a chance to experience it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Hmmm -- maybe a long lost cousin at best

I'm referring to the original Black -- I've no idea what it is like now

A friend of mine had amber extreme that was quite nice.
    not similar to black in my opinion, but very good. one of my favorites from the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    Just some frags are not bottled in 50ml anymore, only 100ml.
    Noticed that also
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Are you guys sure about the discontinuation of many of their scents? On their website most are sold out!?

Bloomingdales in my area stopped carrying most of them a while ago.

Hmm i'll have to ask the sales clerk here in athens if they are still carrying them.

I recently bought a 50ml of Tea for Two in the new black bottle, and I don't know what has happened here but it is literally a skin scent within minutes. The performance is so bad, I almost feel as if they are doing this on purpose just to kill off the brand. Numerous people have also said nearly all scents have been reformulated in some way. Sad times we live in.

What a disappointment!
    Maybe it's opened up a bit?
    Hope my bottle of dzing will be good.
    It will be my first l'artisan.
    Was too immersed in designer frags these past years now im finally looking into some niche companies..

With the supernova of niche in the last 13 years, this type of incremental market collapse was sadly inevitable.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Hoover View Post
    I recently bought a 50ml of Tea for Two in the new black bottle, and I don't know what has happened here but it is literally a skin scent within minutes. The performance is so bad, I almost feel as if they are doing this on purpose just to kill off the brand. Numerous people have also said nearly all scents have been reformulated in some way. Sad times we live in.
    Yeah, who knows. The old Tea for Two had some punch to it, but it may be that lots of houses are dialing their classics down, in response to what they see as an increasingly fragrance-unfriendly societal movement ?

If it were me, I'd be buying these things from the discounters - It seems like that's where many of the old formulations in the clear bottles have ended up.
    Currently wearing: Potion by Dsquared2

All Is Beautiful

C2347E17-4556-4821-A201-476095ABF91D.jpgThrilled I got an older bottle of Dzing. The reformulated versions are watered down.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy48 View Post
    Yeah, who knows. The old Tea for Two had some punch to it, but it may be that lots of houses are dialing their classics down, in response to what they see as an increasingly fragrance-unfriendly societal movement ?

If it were me, I'd be buying these things from the discounters - It seems like that's where many of the old formulations in the clear bottles have ended up.
    Yes, you can still find the older style bottles for good prices on discounters. Apart from the fact that I'm not a big fan of the new bottles, I could somehow accept it if they kept the formulas the same. But nearly everybody mentions that they in some how watered down the scent or in some cases even reformulated it completely. I know it is nothing new in this business but L'Artisan is (was) one of the better niche brands in terms of creative and unique fragrances in my opinion. Just got an older style bottle of Dzongkha as this one is almost nowhere to be found.

Hi all,

YIKES! I just discovered this thread. While searching elsewhere on line for a different item (decant) I saw mention that L'Artisan DZING! was to be DISCONTINUED!

Nooooo! I suspect many old time members of BN's know of my LOVE for DZING! (in my TOP 10) Fragrances. Well, I just can NOT take the chance of being without DZING! I have a 85% full bottle of DZING! on my shelf nevertheless, a couple of years ago I stashed away a second NIB box (wrapped in plastic) and sealed in a Zip Lock Baggie and stored in a large plastic tub with lid and stored in the bathroom closet! You know what ? NOT enough! So today, I ordered a "back up bottle for my back up bottle" of DZING! I figure this should take me well into my 70's (I'll be 65 this July 14th. Bastille Day/Yatagan Day). Oooh, speaking of Yatagan, again not wanting to take a chance of it either "A" : Yatagan being discontinued or "B" : iffy distribution of my favorite Caron. So, last week I searched and searched the Web for hours in an effort find a bottle of Yatagan. Darn it! I should of purchased a back up bottle of Yatagan when it was being sold at CLOSE OUT price (about $30.00 or less) a bottle not long ago. Uggggh! Oooh well, the upshot is, I finally DID find a NIB bottle of Yatagan (4.2 oz) and I received my prize last week. Oooh, believe you me, I did pay rather dearly for this bottle of Yatagan (more than TWICE the price that I paid two years ago). That being said, the Hell with it! I feel good knowing I have a back up bottle of Yatagan. When I finish my current bottle (less than 50% full) I figure I'll be sitting pretty! Oooh, from this point on, both my DZING! and Yatagan will be used sparingly! Perhaps one day soon Yatagan will show up and be sold at more reasonable cost, however, as I mentioned, it was a chance I just could not take! Both DZING! and YATAGAN are in my TOP TEN Fragrances. Whoa! Come to think of it, I am sooooo glad that (a couple of years ago) I took the plunge and sprang for that bottle of (2012) Christian Dior Eau Sauvage that I loved so dear. Ummmm, maybe ol' SixCats! is on the right track after all as "Eau Sauvage" is also in my TOP TEN Fragrances. Oooh, per above, I will now have TWO NIB "Circus Girl riding Tiger" bottles! Yeeeeea!

SixCats!

Quote Originally Posted by HankHarvey View Post
    With the supernova of niche in the last 13 years, this type of incremental market collapse was sadly inevitable.
    Not really a collapse, just a rethought distribution (i.e. Dzing! is not distributed in the US anymore, but still being produced and sold in UK and Europe).

But I agree that the pioneers of artistic perfumery are loosing some territory because of some houses who prefer to invest in marketing compared to ingredient quality or blend creativity (cf Tom Ford, Mancera, Montale, Bond...). Too bad for L'Artisan, a house that always offered an unequaled ratio creativity/price.
    Currently wearing: B-612 by Nishane

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Hmmm -- maybe a long lost cousin at best

I'm referring to the original Black -- I've no idea what it is like now
    Yes, I agree. Never tried the new version but owned the original until I gave it away recently, it wasn't getting the love it deserved from me.

I never liked Dzing I got sawdust or cardboard from it.
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: Woman In Gold by By Kilian

donna255 said : "I NEVER LIKED Dzing I got sawdust or cardboard from it."

SixCats! say : "BLASPHEMY! BLASPHEMY!"

(of course just teasing you donna).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

Regards,
    SixCats!