Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Super Member ctboom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    NYC & NJ
    Posts
    411

    Default Leonard Pour Homme

    Is most redundant to which of the following:

    Giafranco Ferre for Man / R de Capucci
    Halston Z-14
    Captain Moly

    (Iím unfamiliar with VCA so cannot use that as reference)

    I love cumin and carnation and can do leather provided itís a soft treatment amidst a melange of notes.

    Thanks guys
    Currently wearing: Jeke by Slumberhouse

  2. #2

    Oviatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles and New York City
    Posts
    4,977

    Default Re: Leonard Pour Homme

    All great frags--if you like the type, get 'em all!
    Very clearly a case for corn flakes and classics
    Currently wearing: My Land by Trussardi

  3. #3

    Default Re: Leonard Pour Homme

    It's most similar to Van Cleef & Arpels vintage formulation, IMO.

  4. #4
    Super Member ctboom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    NYC & NJ
    Posts
    411

    Default Re: Leonard Pour Homme

    Apologies I wasn’t clear. I already own the other bottles mentioned; What I’m asking is which of those is LPH most similar to? Is LPH a similar fragrance or a completely distinct one?
    Currently wearing: Jeke by Slumberhouse

  5. #5
    Basenotes Plus
    Marand75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,686

    Default Leonard Pour Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by ctboom View Post
    Apologies I wasnít clear. I already own the other bottles mentioned; What Iím asking is which of those is LPH most similar to? Is LPH a similar fragrance or a completely distinct one?
    LPH is really not similar to any of the frags you mention. The leather-note is not really overpowering but blends in (still noticeable, though). LPH is a green aromatic woody mossy dry and resinous chypre. It smells kinda as it looks with it's brown/gold/black bottle and golden ambery liquid (if that helps).
    Non IFRA Compliant & proud of it!
    Currently wearing: Versace l'Homme by Versace

  6. #6
    Super Member ctboom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    NYC & NJ
    Posts
    411

    Default Re: Leonard Pour Homme

    That’s helpful; is any sweetness there amber based or floral based?


    Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    LPH is really not similar to any of the frags you mention. The leather-note is not really overpowering but blends in (still noticeable, though). LPH is a green aromatic woody mossy dry and resinous chypre. It smells kinda as it looks with it's brown/gold/black bottle and golden ambery liquid (if that helps).
    Currently wearing: Jeke by Slumberhouse

  7. #7
    Basenotes Plus
    Marand75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,686

    Default Leonard Pour Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by ctboom View Post
    Thatís helpful; is any sweetness there amber based or floral based?
    No sweetness as such. It's on the dry side but also resinous, balsamic/creamy which makes LPH rich but not sweet. It contains cinnamon, but it's a more discreet/subtle one.
    A delicious well-blended and skyhigh quality chypre.
    Non IFRA Compliant & proud of it!
    Currently wearing: Versace l'Homme by Versace

  8. #8
    Always be smelling

    epapsiou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Oud Forest
    Posts
    6,251

    Default Re: Leonard Pour Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by ctboom View Post
    Apologies I wasn’t clear. I already own the other bottles mentioned; What I’m asking is which of those is LPH most similar to? Is LPH a similar fragrance or a completely distinct one?
    Distinct. As Bigsly said, it is similar to VCA PH. Others that I find it similar to are - Trussadi Uomo vintage
    Not similar to any in your list.
    Or in other words - in my smell map, it is equidistant from all the 3 you mentioned.

    I have a small bottle of Leonard PH and I can get you a sample if you want
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit

  9. #9
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil
    Posts
    295,781

    Default Re: Leonard Pour Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by ctboom View Post
    Is LPH a similar fragrance or a completely distinct one?
    For me, it's a completely distinct one.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  10. #10
    Super Member ctboom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    NYC & NJ
    Posts
    411

    Default Re: Leonard Pour Homme

    You have everything man!, a NYC meet-up soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Distinct. As Bigsly said, it is similar to VCA PH. Others that I find it similar to are - Trussadi Uomo vintage
    Not similar to any in your list.
    Or in other words - in my smell map, it is equidistant from all the 3 you mentioned.

    I have a small bottle of Leonard PH and I can get you a sample if you want
    Currently wearing: Jeke by Slumberhouse

  11. #11
    Always be smelling

    epapsiou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Oud Forest
    Posts
    6,251

    Default Re: Leonard Pour Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by ctboom View Post
    You have everything man!, a NYC meet-up soon?
    Ha. I wish.
    I have been very lazy with this year's meetup. Life coming in the way. Need to do something about that
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit

  12. #12
    Super Member ctboom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    NYC & NJ
    Posts
    411

    Default Re: Leonard Pour Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Ha. I wish.
    I have been very lazy with this year's meetup. Life coming in the way. Need to do something about that
    Hopefully life in a good way, especially with regard to the children (I could say the same and I only have one child who's an angel but still...).
    Currently wearing: Jeke by Slumberhouse

  13. #13
    Basenotes Plus

    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tracks, Wrong Side of
    Posts
    5,575

    Default Re: Leonard Pour Homme

    Have any of you guys who've smelled Leonard Pour Homme ever had a chance to compare it to Leonard de Leonard, their women's chypre which came out 9 years after the Pour Homme? It's a very nice green leather chypre, and a great bargain at around $30-40/100ml.

    It's on the juicy side of green, and leans just a little toward sweet. I'm wondering if the PH could be a drier version of it, and have a stronger leather component? If so, I might be interested in a bottle of the PH.

    It looks like this:


  14. #14
    Always be smelling

    epapsiou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Oud Forest
    Posts
    6,251

    Default Re: Leonard Pour Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Have any of you guys who've smelled Leonard Pour Homme ever had a chance to compare it to Leonard de Leonard, their women's chypre which came out 9 years after the Pour Homme? It's a very nice green leather chypre, and a great bargain at around $30-40/100ml.

    It's on the juicy side of green, and leans just a little toward sweet. I'm wondering if the PH could be a drier version of it, and have a stronger leather component? If so, I might be interested in a bottle of the PH.

    It looks like this:

    never tried it (or heard of it)
    Do you have it?
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit

  15. #15
    Basenotes Plus

    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tracks, Wrong Side of
    Posts
    5,575

    Default Re: Leonard Pour Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    never tried it (or heard of it)
    Do you have it?
    Only a mini:

    LeonardDeLeonardMini.JPG

  16. #16

    Default Re: Leonard Pour Homme

    From a personal viewpoint alone, most likely not redundant if you already like and/or own these three (irrespective if these latter three ones vintage or otherwise)
    Currently wearing: White Tag by Zara

  17. #17
    Basenotes Plus
    PStoller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,069

    Default Re: Leonard Pour Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Have any of you guys who've smelled Leonard Pour Homme ever had a chance to compare it to Leonard de Leonard, their women's chypre which came out 9 years after the Pour Homme?… I'm wondering if the PH could be a drier version of it, and have a stronger leather component? If so, I might be interested in a bottle of the PH.
    When we get around to it, I'll hook you up with a decant.
    Currently wearing: Borsalino by Borsalino

  18. #18
    Basenotes Plus

    purecaramel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    in a garden with 7 senses
    Posts
    4,378

    Default Re: Leonard Pour Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    For me, it's a completely distinct one.
    For me LPH is distinctive in that it carves out an accord so very reminiscent of Burning dry Deciduous leaves in a Westcoast Autumn.
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.
    Currently wearing: Lust by Gorilla Perfume

  19. #19
    Basenotes Plus
    PStoller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,069

    Default Re: Leonard Pour Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by purecaramel View Post
    For me LPH is distinctive in that it carves out an accord so very reminiscent of Burning dry Deciduous leaves in a Westcoast Autumn.
    Yes, but could you be more specific?
    Currently wearing: Borsalino by Borsalino

  20. #20
    Basenotes Plus

    purecaramel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    in a garden with 7 senses
    Posts
    4,378

    Default Re: Leonard Pour Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    Yes, but could you be more specific?
    Certainly.
    October 4, 1964. West side Vancouver. All the leaves are brown and sky is grey. Granny is raking Maple Leaves into a smouldering pile on the street corner. She is wearing a pair of Stewart Tartan ladies trousers and a long black leather driving coat. Her Cashmere Sweater is scented of Bois des Ilses and today a tinge of smokiness together with her feminine musk. Halloween is on the horizon.
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.
    Currently wearing: Lust by Gorilla Perfume

  21. #21
    Basenotes Plus
    PStoller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,069

    Default Re: Leonard Pour Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by purecaramel View Post
    For me LPH is distinctive in that it carves out an accord so very reminiscent of Burning dry Deciduous leaves in a Westcoast Autumn.
    Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    Yes, but could you be more specific?
    Quote Originally Posted by purecaramel View Post
    Certainly.
    October 4, 1964. West side Vancouver. The leaves were brown and sky was grey. Granny is raking Maple Leaves into a smouldering pile on the street corner. She is wearing a pair of Stewart Tartan ladies trousers and a long black leather driving coat. Her Cashmere Sweater is scented of Bois des Ilses and today a tinge of smokiness together with her feminine musk. Halloween is on the horizon.
    Ah, well, that's better. I do hope the trousers were Stewart Old Modern. Stewart Royal would smell too staid and obvious.
    Currently wearing: Borsalino by Borsalino

  22. #22
    Basenotes Plus

    purecaramel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    in a garden with 7 senses
    Posts
    4,378

    Default Re: Leonard Pour Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    Ah, well, that's better. I do hope the trousers were Stewart Old Modern. Stewart Royal would smell too staid and obvious.
    LOL.
    Indeed.
    Hunting it was. The Cashmere was Ivory.
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.
    Currently wearing: Lust by Gorilla Perfume

  23. #23
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    7,755
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Leonard Pour Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by purecaramel View Post
    Certainly.
    October 4, 1964. West side Vancouver. All the leaves are brown and sky is grey. Granny is raking Maple Leaves into a smouldering pile on the street corner. She is wearing a pair of Stewart Tartan ladies trousers and a long black leather driving coat. Her Cashmere Sweater is scented of Bois des Ilses and today a tinge of smokiness together with her feminine musk. Halloween is on the horizon.
    Purecaramel? Naw... more like Purepoetry.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: English Leather by Dana

  24. #24
    Basenotes Institution pluran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Carmel
    Posts
    10,092

    Default Re: Leonard Pour Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    The dark and cerebral Leonard Pour Homme would have been worn by one of the members of the Corleone family as they conjured thought on a cool, overcast October evening, the smell of burning leaves in the distance and dead leaves rustling underneath their feet.

    Vito Corleone (in this case, Brando) would have worn Domenico Caraceni.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/200...odfather-would

    I don't wear it like I used to, but there was a time when I couldn't get enough. I feel the same way about it now as I did when I felt inspired to write about it in 2007.

  25. #25
    Basenotes Plus
    My two scents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    St.Louis Missouri/Western Illinois
    Posts
    880

    Default Re: Leonard Pour Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Distinct. As Bigsly said, it is similar to VCA PH. Others that I find it similar to are - Trussadi Uomo vintage
    Not similar to any in your list.
    Or in other words - in my smell map, it is equidistant from all the 3 you mentioned.

    I have a small bottle of Leonard PH and I can get you a sample if you want
    A true BARGAIN! Gem of a Masculine fragrance. IMO better than all except Rde Capucci. But Rde is more of a mossy goodness fragrance.
    OFFICIAL MEMBER OF CREED'S "FAN BOY" CLUB
    Currently wearing: Rume by Slumberhouse




Similar Threads

  1. Leonard Pour Homme
    By big70tom in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 16th September 2017, 11:19 PM
  2. Leonard Pour Homme
    By big70tom in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 28th December 2016, 03:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000