Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Lyric Woman extrait - help!

Hello all

What is it about Amouage that causes endless confusion (for me, at any rate)?

My basic question is this: going by the bottles and caps only, is there any way of telling Lyric Woman vintage edp from the extrait?

Here's the backstory: Having recently fallen in love with Lyric Woman, I purchased the vintage edp (red plastic cap that wobbles, crystal on top). Amazing, gorgeous scent. Wanting to explore further, I splashed out on the extrait from a seller on eBay (good feedback, no apparent problems). The bottle I received looks *exactly* the same as the edp except that the cap is magnetic. Can this be right? Did they used to come in exactly the same bottles (I know the cap is silver these days), or is one of my bottles not what it purports to be? The boxes are different and correspond with pictures I've found on the internet: red for the edp, gold for the extrait.

Going by smell alone, they smell almost identical. I don't perceive the 'extrait' as darker or more animalic, for instance. What on earth is going on?

IMG_6784.jpg
    Last edited by saminlondon; 18th October 2019 at 11:18 AM.

Default Re: Amouage Lyric Woman extrait - help!

Can anyone help? I know some you lovely people have the extrait ...

I have the extrait, it is a 50ml bottle, no magnetic cap, same red plastic as edp. I did not find it significantly different from the edp, despite the raving praise it had garnered from a few posters. There is no marking on my bottle to indicate it is an extrait and I pitched the box years ago.

I’m betting what you got is authentic, just that there is hardly any difference between the extrait and edp, which was my conclusion.

I bought my extrait about 8-9 years ago. The general Lyric woman reformulation happened a couple of years ago to the point it is unrecognizable to me today. I usedto own both the EdP and extrait but only own the extrait today. I have always perceived it as darker, more cardamom in the mix and raunchier. It has to be applied like an oil as it is very sticky and thick.

Thank you for confirming my thoughts. I half wondered whether I might have ended up with the edp in the extrait box, but it sounds like it probably is the real thing, as you say. Honestly, I'm really struggling to tell the difference between them.

From the point of view of packaging, the current edp obviously has a silver cap, whereas vintage is red plastic. No idea what the current extrait bottle looks like, though if it kept the plastic cap that would be one way of telling them apart I suppose.