Code of Conduct

Default Real or Fake? Azzaro Wanted by Night

Hi. I typed various code from the box and I'm not coming up with anything. I don't know if I'm not doing something right or this is a fake perhaps? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you!

Azzaro Wanted by Night BC.jpg

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Real or Fake? Azzaro Wanted by Night

Looks OK. Did you buy? If so from where?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Can I ask what makes you say it looks OK?

Here's what makes me wonder if it's authentic...

My original Wanted box has a stamped 2 digit code followed by a stamped 5 digit code... CZ 17149

I have seen pictures of both Wanted and Wanted By Night boxes online that follow that same 2/5 digit format. My Wanted by Night box as you can see doesn't follow that format, it has a stamped 7 digit and a stamped 5 digit format which doesn't compute into the 2 websites I'm aware of that allow you to check batch codes. I'm sure you know those 2 sites.

Also do all Wanted by Night bottles have batch codes etched into the glass? I ask because I saw a Youtube review showing a code etched into the glass. Also the printing on the bottom of my bottle is smaller and less bold than in the review. This review... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k0wjsUUp6Q

I appreciate the help!
    Last edited by BlackHawk; 19th October 2019 at 10:24 PM. Reason: add picture

Here's what makes me wonder if it's authentic...

My original Wanted box has a stamped 2 digit code followed by a stamped 5 digit code... CZ 17149

I have seen pictures of both Wanted and Wanted By Night boxes online that follow that same 2/5 digit format. My Wanted by Night box as you can see doesn't follow that format, it has a stamped 7 digit and a stamped 5 digit format which doesn't compute into the 2 websites I'm aware of that allow you to check batch codes. I'm sure you know those 2 sites.

Also do all Wanted by Night bottles have batch codes etched into the glass? I ask because I saw a Youtube review showing a code etched into the glass. Also the printing on the bottom of my bottle is smaller and less bold than in the review. This review... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k0wjsUUp6Q

I appreciate the help!Attachment 111080

I looked and my original Wanted bottle has a "CZ" etched into the glass, but not my Wanted By Night bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
    I don't see anything obvious from the photo that would make me think otherwise.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I don't see anything obvious from the photo that would make me think otherwise.
    You don't think the codes on my box seem odd?

Here's one that seems to be normal... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/465...anted-by-night

Note the stamped 2 digit code followed by a stamped 5 digit code unlike mine that has a stamped 7 digit and a stamped 5 digit format

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
    You don't think the codes on my box seem odd?
    No. I don't. However, if you are feeling uneasy about this one, it's probably best not to get it, or if you already have, then return it.