Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default Re: aggarwoodassam/dixit&zak

Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    So, for what it’s worth, I finally did get an answer from Naaz(sikander) on Instagram. I agree it’s far from ideal but it seems like a confluence or growing pains, challenges that many Indian vendors face with foreign credit card processing and disparate business interests trying to come together.

Day 3 of Instagram negotiations. I actually feel bad for the seller that it takes this much work to make 1 sale.
    Thanks for the update Proust! I emailed through Naaz but unsure if he’s checking those...I’m sure he’s got a lot of emails to get through right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dothraki View Post
    Thanks for the update Proust! I emailed through Naaz but unsure if he’s checking those...I’m sure he’s got a lot of emails to get through right now.
    He never answered my email, but was pretty immediate on Instagram DM, if that helps at all Dothraki.

This is not a knock on the vendors btw, I'm sure they are wonderful people from the dealings I have had with them.But India would be the last place you want to risk doing business with in these uncertain times.I'd suggest waiting until things properly settle down if you're ordering a substantial amount.

The bureaucratic system there is rife with corruption and an absolute shambles if you don't know the right people!

He never answered my email, but was pretty immediate on Instagram DM, if that helps at all Dothraki.
    Looks like I need an Instagram account lol

Basenotes Junkie

Wearing Attar Silsila again. This is starting to feel like a shapeshifter. Some wearings I get a lot of Hindi Oud and other wearings it’s an ambery Mysore. The kind of Mysore that feels like it has the depth of oud. The far drydown surprised me because I was having nose issues for awhile so I stopped wearing anything heavy for awhile and focused on the tiniest amount of oil behind my ears. Low and behold I’m having an entirely different experience now and I can finally pick up on these subtle nuances.

I still feel like Silsila has an almost boozy brandy like opening but it’s getting better with age. I know people are having issues ordering right now but I assure you guys once all of this is over most of these issues will go away and it’s totally worth it for the price point.

Did anyone try their Patchouli oud, Oud santal and oud Loban?

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Mak-7 View Post
    Did anyone try their Patchouli oud, Oud santal and oud Loban?
    Hey man I hope I wasn’t being a huge dick earlier. I’ve been having a rough last few weeks and I don’t want any hard feelings if my post came across as being rude or whatever. It’s not my intentions.

I haven’t tried any of those offerings you’re speaking about but I also haven’t heard about Oud Luban either.

Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    Hey man I hope I wasn’t being a huge dick earlier. I’ve been having a rough last few weeks and I don’t want any hard feelings if my post came across as being rude or whatever. It’s not my intentions.

I haven’t tried any of those offerings you’re speaking about but I also haven’t heard about Oud Luban either.
    I dont have victim mentality my man. I have traveled, spoke to, observed people and learned that we all have different views, priorities and outlook on the future. That was your opinion, you didnt care for consolidated shop as everything works for you the way it is wright now. We had conversation, we stood at our points and thats the end of it. I like when people dont beat around the bush and never assume that someone wants to be rude. I appreciate that you care for making sure that you didnt come off as rude, and to me, you didnt.

I own their attar oud patchouli, very good attar one of the best in my opinion, reminds me of emperor hind
    Currently wearing: Haxan by Parfum Prissana

Quote Originally Posted by Robin oud View Post
    I own their attar oud patchouli, very good attar one of the best in my opinion, reminds me of emperor hind
    How dominant is patchouli? Is it herbal moldy type?

How dominant is patchouli? Is it herbal moldy type?
    Not really a patchouli expert, I would say it's earthy and very different than western patchouli. If you like stuff like eo1 and oud centric compositions I would say it's worth blind buying

Thank you Robin oud
    Now onto oud santal and Loban

Thank you Robin oud
    Now onto oud santal and Loban
    where are those available? I use the etsy store which is closed right now

Those are not available, but i saw them at Naaz perfumes and instagram. Maybe these will pop up some day, so i want to know what people think of those. Descriptions are very nice.

Does anyone know anything about the new brand which is supposed to be mixed media more affordable fragrances?

Basenotes Junkie

Does anyone know anything about the new brand which is supposed to be mixed media more affordable fragrances?
    Yeah so Naaz perfumes is putting out a line called Ghaliya Reflection. They’re going to be made by Dixit and Zak with 80% naturals and slight synthetics for performance purposes. It’ll feature several fragrances within that line at a budget price.

Amelia perfumes will also be made by Dixit as a most natural perfume line also around 80% natural. I’m assuming those will be distributed by Naaz as well as his Instagram platform he just created.

Naaz perfumes also does an Attar line called Naaz Attars that is created by Zakir from Agarwood Assam and the “zak” of Dixit and Zak. Those are Attars are super affordable and also mostly natural with some synthetics thrown in mix. I own some and they’re fantastic Oud based traditional Attars.

Finally Dixit and Zak is the full natural perfume line that we all mostly know on here. August is the new release date but that’s subject to change.

Yeah so Naaz perfumes is putting out a line called Ghaliya Reflection. They’re going to be made by Dixit and Zak with 80% naturals and slight synthetics for performance purposes. It’ll feature several fragrances within that line at a budget price.

Amelia perfumes will also be made by Dixit as a most natural perfume line also around 80% natural. I’m assuming those will be distributed by Naaz as well as his Instagram platform he just created.

Naaz perfumes also does an Attar line called Naaz Attars that is created by Zakir from Agarwood Assam and the “zak” of Dixit and Zak. Those are Attars are super affordable and also mostly natural with some synthetics thrown in mix. I own some and they’re fantastic Oud based traditional Attars.

Finally Dixit and Zak is the full natural perfume line that we all mostly know on here. August is the new release date but that’s subject to change.
    Sorry if I missed this but for US folks what's the best place to online order these fragrances/ attars? Thanks

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a lot of fragrances, I hope the quality won't suffer as a result of that . I'm hoping for citrus aromatic fragrances with an Indian swist,. Perhaps something with hatkora lemon. As for affordable attars, I don't see myself buying those as I own enough high end ones.

Basenotes Junkie

Sounds like a lot of fragrances, I hope the quality won't suffer as a result of that . I'm hoping for citrus aromatic fragrances with an Indian swist,. Perhaps something with hatkora lemon. As for affordable attars, I don't see myself buying those as I own enough high end ones.
    Dixit and zak haven’t released anything in over a year. Even when emperor hind came out in the winter it was made that previous summer. They’ve had a whole year to put these out. I’m excited for all the extra time and care they get to have.

Dixit and zak haven’t released anything in over a year. Even when emperor hind came out in the winter it was made that previous summer. They’ve had a whole year to put these out. I’m excited for all the extra time and care they get to have.
    You are probably right,.

Does anyone here know how long it generally takes for a package to go from Naaz to the US?

Basenotes Junkie

Does anyone here know how long it generally takes for a package to go from Naaz to the US?
    Hey bud so I just placed an order with Sikander and we ended up going through PayPal. Right now customs is going to be the hardest part. I think a mandatory two week quarantine will be placed on the package in India but I’m not sure if New York’s processing center is quarantining packages. If they are I’d expect a month unless you had him use DHL. I went the standard route so I’m not getting my hopes up of receiving anything for awhile.

India truly runs on its own time schedule.

Hey bud so I just placed an order with Sikander and we ended up going through PayPal. Right now customs is going to be the hardest part. I think a mandatory two week quarantine will be placed on the package in India but I’m not sure if New York’s processing center is quarantining packages. If they are I’d expect a month unless you had him use DHL. I went the standard route so I’m not getting my hopes up of receiving anything for awhile.

Yeah, I was thinking it might be a while.

And yet you still went ahead and placed an order?......sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan al Hindi View Post
    And yet you still went ahead and placed an order?......sigh.
    It’s not like he send his money to a scammer.
    Some things are worth the wait.
    Currently wearing: Musk Khabib by Bortnikoff

I hope your wife doesn't get to know about this haha!

It has nothing to do with the seller but more with customs, Indian bureaucracy and corruption which will be more rife with this covid situation going on.

I just see it as an unnecessary risk to take over smelly liquid, thats all.Why not just wait until it all settles down before tying up your cash like that?

I've got 3 packages from India in the past 45 days (not from Sikander). No issues whatsoever. It all depends on the company used. (mine were via DHL).

India to west coast USA (door to door) in 4 to 5 days.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandha View Post
    I've got 3 packages from India in the past 45 days (not from Sikander). No issues whatsoever. It all depends on the company used. (mine were via DHL).

That's encouraging to hear.

Unless the situation is different on a region by region basis, I wonder why vendors can't do the same!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandha View Post

I used DHL and it looks like its made it to Germany! So, that's encouraging.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast