Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
o

Default aggarwoodassam/dixit&zak

haven't seen anyone mentioning their fragrances here.
    just blind bought their new fragrance rising mysore after enjoying brindaban their previous creation.
    is anyone here familiar with aggarwoodassam's attars and ouds or dixit&zak fragrances?
    Currently wearing: MEM by Bogue Profumo

All Is Beautiful

Default Re: aggarwoodassam/dixit&zak

I have lots of their attars. And Brindaban. I love them.

I really love Amalur from Elixir Attar even better than Brindaban, and I feel it is in the same vein.

Brindaban and Amalur are attar-flavors in a perfume alcohol base. Hard to pull it off.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    I have lots of their attars. And Brindaban. I love them.

I really love Amalur from Elixir Attar even better than Brindaban, and I feel it is in the same vein.

Brindaban and Amalur are attar-flavors in a perfume alcohol base. Hard to pull it off.
    have you tried attar oud patchouli? I really enjoy this one

All Is Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Robin oud View Post
    have you tried attar oud patchouli? I really enjoy this one
    not yet, but I'd like to.

These houses have stuff in very small quantities and then it sells out for a long time.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Charbagh sounds interesting. Has anyone tried it?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Charbagh sounds interesting. Has anyone tried it?
    Not me unfortunately, I only have access to what's on Etsy which is everything besides that, that's a really expensive one if I recall correctly

Basenotes Plus

Keen to try out their fragrances.
    Rising Mysore sounds interesting.

Emperor Hind sounds right up my alley though...anyone have it/sampled it?
    Do you even niche?
    Currently wearing: Sir Winston by Bortnikoff

I'm on the fence with buying Emperor hind, Are their fragrances limited releases like ALD and Bortnikoff collections or Will this be back after the 5 bottles available are gone

Basenotes Plus

I just received a partial bottle of Rising Mysore. It’s fantastic. A very herbal, meditative fougere. Smells very natural.

Quote Originally Posted by 911LambMelb View Post

rising mysore isn't that exotic but it's damn good , it's an old school gentleman's cologne but with much better materials , it does have a slight indian exotic twist .
    I have a sample of emperor hind and just ordered a bottle today , it has that oud patchouli combo that zakir does well , are you familiar with brindaban? they both share kind of
    the same base but emperor is more intense and has animalic qualities . you should like it if you have a good taste

Quote Originally Posted by Robin oud View Post
    rising mysore isn't that exotic but it's damn good , it's an old school gentleman's cologne but with much better materials , it does have a slight indian exotic twist .
    I have a sample of emperor hind and just ordered a bottle today , it has that oud patchouli combo that zakir does well , are you familiar with brindaban? they both share kind of
    the same base but emperor is more intense and has animalic qualities . you should like it if you have a good taste
    “you should like it if you have a good taste” best quote I’ve read in a long time. Thank you for a good chuckle.

All Is Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyboi View Post
    “you should like it if you have a good taste” best quote I’ve read in a long time. Thank you for a good chuckle.
    It is strange smelling if you expect an eau de cologne typical bergamot citrusy opening. Nothing about it is like a cologne to my nose. It has more than a slight Indian twist. It is all in as an Indian attar that has been perfum-ized. Slap some top notes from a cologne onto an attar and add alcohol. I actually like it. But it isn't for most people and I urge you to try before you buy.

It is strange smelling if you expect an eau de cologne typical bergamot citrusy opening. Nothing about it is like a cologne to my nose. It has more than a slight Indian twist. It is all in as an Indian attar that has been perfum-ized. Slap some top notes from a cologne onto an attar and add alcohol. I actually like it. But it isn't for most people and I urge you to try before you buy.
    The part you were quoting is about emperor hind not rising mysore. I find rising mysore pretty safe if you like barbershop fragrances and don't really get anything that resembles an attar. I do agree with the try before you buy part, always a good strategy

All Is Beautiful

https://youtu.be/9iOKfvtswm4

A good new review of Brindaban by Mr Oz

Basenotes Plus

Sounds great.
    Took a punt and grabbed the perfumes based on how much I like AA attars.
    Do you even niche?
    Currently wearing: Sir Winston by Bortnikoff

Basenotes Member

Attar Silsila is excellent (and still available) - especially if you like rose, ambergris, oud, and frankincense. It starts off slightly barnyardish and skanky (not sure if from the hindi oud or the ambergris) but settles quickly. I too am on the fence about Emperor Hind. Its a fine and enjoyable fragrance, but after having worn it 3 times i find too much overlap (albeit a watered down version) with Attar Silsila.... a bit like EO1 vs Sultan Leather Attar... Having said that, all their perfumes and attars contain very high quality materials at reasonable prices.

Quote Originally Posted by 911LambMelb View Post

I samples a friends sample, I got a bottle. Its a great flowery Dark oud leather

This guy pretty much nailed it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zdJmu2bCi4&t=200s

I signed up on here to post about Zak and Dixit! I personally love Hindi Tabac and Emperor Hind. There’s another website strictly for their perfumery that sells full bottles of their fragrances so if you don’t see a bottle on their Etsy it’s most likely still listed on their website. I just hit them up through Instagram though for my most recent order. The dudes are super cool.

As for the fragrances, to me it’s similar to Ensar’s fragrance in that they’re very much attars in perfume format. However I feel they have a slightly more refine touch which allow them to be slightly more wearable. Emperor Hind borders the line of what’s acceptable to western noses however to me it’s absolutely a beautiful fragrance. It opens with a nice citrusy bouquet of white florals, grapefruit and lemon. This stage lasts for about 15-20 minutes before the sandalwood/patchouli creeps in. At this point the oud starts to shine along with the ambergris which seems to help tame the wildness of the Hindi Oud. It remains pretty linear after about 2-3 hours. From then on it’s all oud and ambergris. I got about 8 hours or so in the skin with one spray and it’s lasted two weeks and two washings with two sprays to my hoodie.

Personally I feel it’s a safe buy if you’re a fan of how lucid attars and oud foreword fragrances can be. I know a lot of people on this forum use Bortnikoff and Areej Le Doré as the standard when it comes to natural, limited perfumery but I really feel like Zak and Dixit will quickly become as highly regarded in terms of versatility, affordability and downright originality.

Just blind bought Hindi tabac along with a full bottle of emperor hind after ordering a sample of the latter, I think I prefer zakir's compositions over bortnikoff's , those are too floral for me(really love oud monarch and Maximus though). Emperor hind is as good as it gets and is in my top five oud fragrances along with Russian oud an eo1

Would really love to try these and spent hours on the Etsy after this thread last night. But the bottles are too big/prices too high to decide how much I love them. Maybe someone will run a split at some point.

All Is Beautiful

it's not exactly the same, but try ordering from Mellifluence Scents on Etsy. They are fantastic, priced very reasonably, and use all natural ingredients. I love them and have blind bought at least 30 and am always happy with them.

it's not exactly the same, but try ordering from Mellifluence Scents on Etsy. They are fantastic, priced very reasonably, and use all natural ingredients. I love them and have blind bought at least 30 and am always happy with them.
    While I was on Etsy I bought a bunch more rising Phoenix haha. Now I won’t be buying anything! Thanks for the heads up on those thrilled!

Basenotes Plus

Oh, why did I open this thread?? Look what I found...another rabbit hole!
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

All Is Beautiful

AgarAssam is great stuff but it’s Eastern / Indian / Arabic tradition.

Mellifluence has a lot more variety. He uses great ingredients but ZERO aromachemicals (AgarAssam says they use zero too), and he produces attars that have more variety and interest to me and are worth collecting. They last 3 hours or so, and are not huge projectors, but they are really great.

Wow! I just received my sample of Rising Mysore and Brindaban. I was completely wrong in thinking that these would be bottled attars. First off Rising Mysore is the perfect blend of barbershop meets oriental. It opens with a spicy Tulsi, lime and patchouli blast quickly followed by a powdery lavender. This leads into a beautiful Mysore sandalwood drydown. I personally love Indian spices and this hits all my cravings in one offering. I layered this with AgarAssam’s Metei 2006 which is an aged Hindi Oud from a wild harvest over 75 years old. Perfect combo. Rising Mysore is fresh, spicy and reminiscent of that classic barbershop feel.

Someone had said that fans of Amber Cologne would enjoy this and while that may be true this is nothing like Amber Cologne. To me amber Cologne is all citrus and white florals with zero woods and very little ambergris. It’s a beautiful fragrance but to me Rising Mysore is pure masculinity. It’s not a beast but it lasts quite a bit longer. It’s elegant with exceptional blending and the complexity is awesome. I’m not a huge fan of linear scents because I have to really LOVE the fragrance and that’s very rare for me. I dig a little scent progression and I’m officially a fan boy.

I have my eye 👁 on Emporer Hind.

AgarAssam is great stuff but it’s Eastern / Indian / Arabic tradition.

Mellifluence has a lot more variety. He uses great ingredients but ZERO aromachemicals (AgarAssam says they use zero too), and he produces attars that have more variety and interest to me and are worth collecting. They last 3 hours or so, and are not huge projectors, but they are really great.
    Have you tried Tsuga Musk II?

All Is Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by bl00drunzcold View Post
    Have you tried Tsuga Musk II?
    I have not.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    I have my eye �� on Emporer Hind.
    Likewise. Hoping to hear more feedback from those who have tried it first. I have an itchy trigger finger right now though.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyriddle View Post
    Wow! I just received my sample of Rising Mysore and Brindaban. I was completely wrong in thinking that these would be bottled attars. First off Rising Mysore is the perfect blend of barbershop meets oriental. It opens with a spicy Tulsi, lime and patchouli blast quickly followed by a powdery lavender. This leads into a beautiful Mysore sandalwood drydown. I personally love Indian spices and this hits all my cravings in one offering. I layered this with AgarAssam’s Metei 2006 which is an aged Hindi Oud from a wild harvest over 75 years old. Perfect combo. Rising Mysore is fresh, spicy and reminiscent of that classic barbershop feel.

Someone had said that fans of Amber Cologne would enjoy this and while that may be true this is nothing like Amber Cologne. To me amber Cologne is all citrus and white florals with zero woods and very little ambergris. It’s a beautiful fragrance but to me Rising Mysore is pure masculinity. It’s not a beast but it lasts quite a bit longer. It’s elegant with exceptional blending and the complexity is awesome. I’m not a huge fan of linear scents because I have to really LOVE the fragrance and that’s very rare for me. I dig a little scent progression and I’m officially a fan boy.
    What do you think of Brindaban?