Code of Conduct
o

Default Aventus cologne sucks

Bought this upon release and worn it once.
    It has such a nauseating, cloying feel to it

Default Re: Aventus cologne sucks

the start of the end for Creed (1760 father to son).

you know the writing is on the wall when a brand starts recycling their most popular releases with inferior flankers. not that they care about quality as long as the sales are there. the marketing for this one was also very strange.
    Currently wearing: Awake by Akro

Wearing Perfume Right Now

I haven't worn it, but from the bottle in the shop it seemed to be a lot like regular Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    I haven't worn it, but from the bottle in the shop it seemed to be a lot like regular Aventus.
    Nope not at all

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Actually like it and happy to have a bottle.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Exactly....maybe a little fresher smelling. The similarity was so apparent that I had no desire to buy it because I already have Aventus.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Its great, amazing projection and longevity.

Dont understand the hate it gets, its similar to the 2017/18 aventus in that its one directional.

Not at all similar to the vintage aventus though

Quote Originally Posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
    Bought this upon release and worn it once.
    It has such a nauseating, cloying feel to it
    I hate it too, its an abomination to the Creed name

Please send me your bottle and I will properly dispose of it so it doesnt harm any other fragrance aficionados' noses
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

I was unimpressed when I first smelt it.

I think it was the mindset created by the attached name Aventus. I was expecting a variation of said Aventus, that effected my opinion.

When I wore it a second time, I appreciated its good projection and longevity and forgot it was nothing like Aventus. I now own a bottle and its in my top fragrances I own.

I see very little similarity to Aventus and thats its problem, they should have called it something else and it would have gotten less hate and been evaluated more fairly.

Anyone think the first hour it smells like a cigar. I get that a lot from people.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

I got to sample it yesterday one spray on my arm, and then I when i got home I sprayed one from my bottle of aventus on my other arm and I have batch 18G02

Since I don't own any other bottles of Aventus, I can only compare to 18G02. To me Aventus cologne smells very similar to my regular Aventus (very fruity and pineapple throughout), except much lighter and seems to be missing something the depth I don't know? I can see this being great for spring/summer, but for the price, I really don't see why I would get this on top of my Aventus. Longevity was great it lasted 12+ hours, projection was good for first few hours, then I had to put my arm literally up to my nose to smell it.

I think it smells similar to the original but with it's balls cut off like no-alcohol beer

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    I think it smells similar to the original but with it's balls cut off like no-alcohol beer
    That's basically how I felt about it. Smells like regular aventus, just more tame. Not nearly as loud, less pineapple.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

Dependent

I tested in Las Vegas at the Creed stand in the Forum Shops and wasn't impressed, smelled quite close to the original but lighter.
    Currently wearing: Layton by Parfums de Marly

Take the smoke away from the original, add a dash of Allure Homme Sport. There you go.
    Currently wearing: Black Gold by Mancera

I have to disagree, I think it's fantastic. A very, very painful price - and I'm not sure I'll buy a full bottle - but I really enjoy the orange note. A wonderful summer fragrance.

I now need to try the Chanel if it's apparently similar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nate154 View Post
    Anyone think the first hour it smells like a cigar. I get that a lot from people.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
    Interesting. I get a spicy warmth for sure. Perhaps some kind of light-smelling cigars could mimic that?
    "Colourless green ideas sleep furiously."