o
    Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Are you kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Taking rarity/exclusiveness through false scarcity to a new level
    It works, time and time again.
    Currently wearing: Issara by Parfums Dusita

I haven´t heard of him before, but obviously he made 17 perfumes this year. Among them one for Nishane and nine(!) for Bruno Acampora(!)...
    https://www.fragrantica.com/noses/Miguel_Matos.html
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr1973 View Post
    He was unable to accept any criticism on the horrible bottle he helped create to supposedly honor the late Divine.
    I think I might be the *only* person who likes that Jungle Jezebel bottle. It's hilarious to me! I think Divine would have approved. Of the bottle. But that's to say nothing of the scent......

Dependent

Divine would have been horrified. It's not kitch, it's tacky and unworthy of Divine.
    Currently wearing: Narcisse Noir by Caron

I have sampled this (not something I ever wanted, it just crossed my path...) and these are my thoughts:

Starts with the impression of being in a factory as it smells industrial. In the factory someone has put a bunch of spicy, minty lavender and some rotten lemons next to the metallic machines where there are probably some rats having a nest in there, as it smells somewhat funky. Now imagine a women who hasn't washed for a few days, wearing a cheap rose perfume is passing by, leaving a scent trail and you can smell her nasty breath while she swears because she has just stepped on a rat and dirtied her shoe with blood.
    At least he got the name right; but instead of releasing and charging money for it, it would have been better to throw it away in the toilet. Just saying, in case of part 3 crosses his mind.
    I'll give it a 2/10 just because I've smelled worse things (like Bogue Douleur, Imaginary Authors Bulls Blood, Sospiro Classica).

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by psebi101 View Post
    I have sampled this (not something I ever wanted, it just crossed my path...) and these are my thoughts:

Starts with the impression of being in a factory as it smells industrial. In the factory someone has put a bunch of spicy, minty lavender and some rotten lemons next to the metallic machines where there are probably some rats having a nest in there, as it smells somewhat funky. Now imagine a women who hasn't washed for a few days, wearing a cheap rose perfume is passing by, leaving a scent trail and you can smell her nasty breath while she swears because she has just stepped on a rat and dirtied her shoe with blood.
    At least he got the name right; but instead of releasing and charging money for it, it would have been better to throw it away in the toilet. Just saying, in case of part 3 crosses his mind.
    I'll give it a 2/10 just because I've smelled worse things (like Bogue Douleur, Imaginary Authors Bulls Blood, Sospiro Classica).
    Thanks for that visceral description. I'm going to be able to finish my breakfast, but barely.

I thought it was an apt review of something randomly thrown together by some bozo who doesn't know what he's doing.
    There are NO reviews at Fragrantica, apparently nobody's buying.
    I think the only customers will be youtube reviewers desperate for views. Like this guy, who was rendered inarticulate: "It's not a good smell...it's not a bad smell either. It's a good bad smell."

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by stelz View Post
    I think the only customers will be youtube reviewers desperate for views. Like this guy, who was rendered inarticulate: "It's not a good smell...it's not a bad smell either. It's a good bad smell."
    “Review of Fail.”

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    “Review of Fail.”
    It's almost clickbait, isn't it? All that's missing is "You won't believe..." or "shocking" in the title.

Quote Originally Posted by stelz View Post
    I thought it was an apt review of something randomly thrown together by some bozo who doesn't know what he's doing.
    There are NO reviews at Fragrantica, apparently nobody's buying.

Looks to me that he received the bottle and he tries to say it's artistic, because he can't say it' s bullshit. I wonder what would perfumers like Elena, Ropion, Demachy etc. would say about releasing a perfume that is a mix of all the crap that didn't work.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Is {the Remainder of Creation of Art} Art?

Duct-tape a banana to a wall in a museum and discuss.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines