Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 64
o
  1. #1

    Default Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Iím looking for a nice fresh clean citrus scent for the winter. I know typically citrus is more of a spring/summer scent but itís one I really enjoy and would love to have something for the upcoming seasons. I donít want a floral note to be prominent at all as I donít like that.

    My winter wear list right now consists of PDM Herod and Prada Luna Rossa black and Givenchy Gentleman. Iím looking for a scent to add to these thatís different then any of them.

    How about some help.

    Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    ToughCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southlake, Tx
    Posts
    4,747

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    To me citrus can mean a wide variety of things...from bright and juicy to tart to a fresh blast mixed with something...pepper, woods etc

    So my rec is citrus but not the bright cologne variety and it’s

    Terre d HermŤs EDT : I wore this a lot during Chicago winters and enjoyed it more in the cold than heat. The flinty feel with the citrus and woods really was amped in the cold and why I preferred the EDT
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan
    Currently wearing: Vintage by John Varvatos

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Adding among others Cerruti 1881 Edition Blanche. YSL pour Homme, l'Occitane Cedrat and Verdon, Armani Eau pour Homme, most of the unisex options within the Aqua Allegoria line by Guerlain, Best of Chevignon and/or Mugler Cologne (these particular ones as a likely all year choices as well),

    plus also Citrus&Wood by Yardley, Eau Sauvage Parfum, Boucheron pour Homme EDP, Paco Rabanne pour Homme, several Xerjoff scents including the ones from the Shooting Stars and/or XJ 1861 line, most Hugh Parsons EDPs as more specific cold weather citrus choices
    Currently wearing: Baobab by Tesori d'Oriente

  5. #5
    Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    21,151

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Quote Originally Posted by City74 View Post
    I’m looking for a nice fresh clean citrus scent for the winter. I know typically citrus is more of a spring/summer scent but it’s one I really enjoy and would love to have something for the upcoming seasons. I don’t want a floral note to be prominent at all as I don’t like that.

    My winter wear list right now consists of PDM Herod and Prada Luna Rossa black and Givenchy Gentleman. I’m looking for a scent to add to these that’s different then any of them.

    How about some help.

    Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd suggest these -


    Morning Chess
    Acqua di Gio Profumo
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum (if it lasts on you, I'm anosmic to it)


    Not citrus but fresh/clean and perfect for fall -

    Geranium pour Monsieur

  6. #6
    Basenotes Institution dougczar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    30,415

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Tom Ford - Rive d'Ambre -- Citrus / Amber. Ideal for the fall. Fresh and clean, but not as light as a "summer" citrus.
    Current Summer Favorites:

    1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive díAmbre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

  7. #7

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    To me citrus can mean a wide variety of things...from bright and juicy to tart to a fresh blast mixed with something...pepper, woods etc

    So my rec is citrus but not the bright cologne variety and it’s

    Terre d HermŤs EDT : I wore this a lot during Chicago winters and enjoyed it more in the cold than heat. The flinty feel with the citrus and woods really was amped in the cold and why I preferred the EDT
    I actually have that but like it more for summer I think

  8. #8

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Thanks for the links but neither of them are actually asking about the type scents I mentioned

  9. #9

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Adding among others Cerruti 1881 Edition Blanche. YSL pour Homme, l'Occitane Cedrat and Verdon, Armani Eau pour Homme, most of the unisex options within the Aqua Allegoria line by Guerlain, Best of Chevigon and/or Mugler Cologne (these particular ones as a likely all year choices as well),

    plus also Citrus&Wood by Yardley, Eau Sauvage Parfum, Boucheron pour Homme EDP, Paco Rabanne pour Homme, several Xerjoff scents including the ones from the Shooting Stars and/or XJ 1861 line, most Hugh Parsons EDPs as more specific cold weather citrus choices
    Lots of great info. THANKS

  10. #10

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    I'd suggest these -


    Morning Chess
    Acqua di Gio Profumo
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum (if it lasts on you, I'm anosmic to it)


    Not citrus but fresh/clean and perfect for fall -

    Geranium pour Monsieur
    The first 2 mentioned I haven’t tried. Will research. Thanks

  11. #11

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Tom Ford - Rive d'Ambre -- Citrus / Amber. Ideal for the fall. Fresh and clean, but not as light as a "summer" citrus.
    Hadnt even heard of that. Great suggestion. Thanks

  12. #12
    Basenotes Plus
    speckmann0706's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,686

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Guerlain Homme LíEau Boisee
    Christian Dior Dior Homme Eau
    Versace Pour Homme
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver EDP
    Prada Luna Rossa Carbon
    Christian Dior Sauvage EDT/EDP
    Current Top Favorites

    Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme
    Guerlain LíInstant De Guerlain Pour Homme EDP
    Chanel Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Guerlain Heritage EDT
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Christian Dior Dior Homme EDT
    Ralph Lauren Polo

  13. #13

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Guerlain Homme LíEau Boisee
    Christian Dior Dior Homme Eau
    Versace Pour Homme
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver EDP
    Prada Luna Rossa Carbon
    Christian Dior Sauvage EDT/EDP
    Thanks for those


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    AdP Oud could work. Its pretty fresh for an Oud and definitely has citrus in the opening.
    Currently wearing: Opus VI by Amouage

  15. #15

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    A fresh musky citrussy that shines in fall/winter is Creed Himalaya. In spite of the fact that many people associate it with summer/hot, it has a solid musk-sandalwood base that makes it suitable for cold weather too, IMHO. Himalaya gives the wearer a feeling of "cold" and clean air

  16. #16
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    382

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Guerlain Homme L’Eau Boisee
    Christian Dior Dior Homme Eau
    Versace Pour Homme
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver EDP
    Prada Luna Rossa Carbon
    Christian Dior Sauvage EDT/EDP
    I'll second Versace Pour Homme and Luna Rossa Carbon. I have both, and they're staying in the rotation for the cooler/colder weather. I have confidence that they'll both hold up to the temperatures.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Many citrus compositions, including many suggested above, would have citrus flowers (e.g., neroli). As long as you’re OK with that, I would add:
    Armani Pour Homme
    Carven L’Eau Intense
    And on the sweeter side
    Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Cologne
    Currently wearing: Zen for Men by Shiseido

  18. #18
    not right, in the head

    HouseOfPhlegethon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    ....................................... Central PA
    Posts
    4,663
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Pomelo by Micallef.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/468...ilk?highlight= my for sale thread...

    Grunge is dead... Long live Grunge...

  19. #19
    Basenotes Plus
    tspencer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,658

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    I would say you could just go to a mall dept store that carries the Hermes line and give them all a smell on the test strip, maybe try to get a few samples to test wear, or just go without a scent that day and have the sales associate spray your top pick on you and find out if you like it. Hermes with their transparent, citrusy and green varieties remind me a lot of a crisp fall morning.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Quote Originally Posted by avo1811 View Post
    AdP Oud could work. Its pretty fresh for an Oud and definitely has citrus in the opening.
    I’ll check it out

  21. #21

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Quote Originally Posted by aquarel View Post
    A fresh musky citrussy that shines in fall/winter is Creed Himalaya. In spite of the fact that many people associate it with summer/hot, it has a solid musk-sandalwood base that makes it suitable for cold weather too, IMHO. Himalaya gives the wearer a feeling of "cold" and clean air
    I’ve read several places where people said Himalaya was a more winter then summer scent

  22. #22

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Quote Originally Posted by swangner View Post
    I'll second Versace Pour Homme and Luna Rossa Carbon. I have both, and they're staying in the rotation for the cooler/colder weather. I have confidence that they'll both hold up to the temperatures.
    Is carbon close to the regular in scent?

  23. #23

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    Many citrus compositions, including many suggested above, would have citrus flowers (e.g., neroli). As long as you’re OK with that, I would add:
    Armani Pour Homme
    Carven L’Eau Intense
    And on the sweeter side
    Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Cologne
    As long as the citrus flowers don’t smell floral (like rose etc) then it would be ok

  24. #24

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfPhlegethon View Post
    Pomelo by Micallef.
    Never even heard of that brand haha. Thx for the info

  25. #25

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Quote Originally Posted by tspencer View Post
    I would say you could just go to a mall dept store that carries the Hermes line and give them all a smell on the test strip, maybe try to get a few samples to test wear, or just go without a scent that day and have the sales associate spray your top pick on you and find out if you like it. Hermes with their transparent, citrusy and green varieties remind me a lot of a crisp fall morning.
    Yea I saw a few with Mandarin etc that looked great

  26. #26

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    I enjoyed Bvlgari Aqva Amara during sunny winterdays.

  27. #27

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Quote Originally Posted by City74 View Post
    As long as the citrus flowers don’t smell floral (like rose etc) then it would be ok
    They are orange or lemon tree flowers. I don’t think they are that strong but you should probably test since your perception or assessment might be different.
    Currently wearing: Zen for Men by Shiseido

  28. #28

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    They are orange or lemon tree flowers. I don’t think they are that strong but you should probably test since your perception or assessment might be different.
    Well I like Under the Lemon trees by Margiela and I think that’s Lemon flowers but I might be wrong

  29. #29
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil
    Posts
    298,203

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Tudo Bem by Toujours
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  30. #30

    Default Re: Fresh clean citrus scent for fall/winter

    Aventus is wonderful in the fall. Eau de orange verte is as well. It’s probably my favorite. Orange is a fantastic note for cool weather.
    Egoiste has a lovely orange note and is a great all around cool weather fragrance.

    I like Acqua di Parma’s Essenza & Intensa in the fall as well, both have prominent citrus notes.

    Dark horse frag: L’occitane Eau de Cedrat


    Edit: How could I forget? Dior Eau Suavage edt is a great cool weather citrus fragrance!




Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 25th April 2017, 04:25 AM
  2. Aramis New West...a good fresh scent for Fall/Winter?
    By ChuckW in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 28th September 2011, 04:06 AM
  3. Fresh Clean scent for Fall/Winter?
    By ppierce34 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 19th November 2009, 02:02 AM
  4. Your favorite Citrus-Dominated "Fresh Clean Blue" cologne ??
    By DULLAH in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10th December 2007, 11:53 PM
  5. Fresh and Clean but.....not citrus,not oceanic
    By Dry_Martini in forum Ancient Stuff
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 18th January 2005, 04:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000