Code of Conduct

Thread: D&G pour homme

o

Default D&G pour homme

Hi does anyone have the elements of this fragrance, not the newer reformulation I mean the original which came out around 1994?
    Or even still the reformulation just so I can get an idea.

I had this fragrance as a teenager and to me it still is the best fragrance Iíve owned. Iím trying to create the top notes of it if anyone can help?

Default Re: D&G pour homme

By elements do you mean the claimed or reviewer/user stated notes?

If that, then I found these:

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120463.html
    https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...1994--483.html

For both, the comments as well, possibly more useful than the main text.

I never used it myself but hopefully the above can help, if you hadn't seen already (you may have, of course.)

Thanks bill, yeh I found the notes I was meaning more of breaking it down to what different aroma chemicals etc were in it?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMalteseTweed View Post
    Thanks bill, yeh I found the notes I was meaning more of breaking it down to what different aroma chemicals etc were in it?
    It's hard to say what specific notes you are liking in it. However, the top notes are mainly citrus and neroli.

I can't say with certainty, but judging by the listed notes, all the perfume chemicals for the other notes should be fairly straightforward. (Coumarin, or some other replacer, for the tonka; carophyllene for the pepper, probably contains real sage essential oil.)

The soapiness and bright fresh effect would likely be coming from aldehydes.

If you really like the original, and you're willing to pay an excessive amount of money, you may also like Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte.
    It's almost all top notes. Smells really good but doesn't last long.

Thanks Parker,

I’ll check it out, longevity isn’t a problem for me like it used to be. I just reapply it more often in an atomiser.
    Trussardi - My land had a very similar opening to Pour Homme, but unfortunately that scent from start to finish was over and done with in minutes.

Yeh I think aldehydes will have a big part in the opening, a big blast of mandarin and tonka. It’s a shame they reformulated it