Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
o

Default Re: classic aramis watered down when

its interesting very strange that you dont see much differences between older and the new one in projection and longer lasting
    i make an example in the old aramis from 2000 i took just few pst pst pst in the morning and next morning under shower with water i definitly smell aramis
    now i take 2x 3x or 5x so much and after few hours its just skin scent
    i think they change it not only because of money but also because everyone says its a silage monster and nowadays no one want such macho masculin thing anymore
    they also took a lot of the things away too shave foam day cream body spalsh shave soap i know in 2000 in the shops huge classic aramis counter like the ones from dior or ysl in the shops and they only had aramis classic products

Screenshot_20191028-181806.jpg
    Bought this one today

honestly i still not know how to realize aramis classic from 90s

I'm really surprised for someone to claim Aramis original/classic is watered down. 2-3 sprays and it's pretty strong and long lasting so I find it's performance to be impressive. Heck it's probably tied with PS by Paul Sebastian in strength....easy on the sprayer.
    Currently wearing: Vermeil for Men by Vermeil

I have the current formula which is still very very good but tamed and the concentree version , so today I ran out of the current version , I ordered a bottle from the early 2000s ARAMIS VINTAGE EDITION 110ml With the plane and man on the bottle with the leather casing , also a bottle 60ml from the 70s with atomizer spray that continues to spray once pressed , I'm currently wearing Aramis now , lately Aramis has been my scent of the weekScreenshot_20191030-200357.jpgScreenshot_20191030-200424.jpg
    Waiting for delivery on these two I saw Aramis Super COLOGNE on eBay , wow smh 261$ I believe it was noway Screenshot_20191030-200646.jpg

I have the current formula which is still very very good but tamed and the concentree version , so today I ran out of the current version , I ordered a bottle from the early 2000s ARAMIS VINTAGE EDITION 110ml. With the plane and man on the bottle with the leather casing , also a bottle from the 70s 60ml with atomizer spray that continues to spray once pressed , I'm currently wearing Aramis now , lately Aramis has been my scent of the weekScreenshot_20191030-200357.jpgScreenshot_20191030-200424.jpg
    Waiting for delivery on these two I saw Aramis Super COLOGNE on eBay , wow smh 261$ I believe it was noway Screenshot_20191030-200646.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by shiiiriiin View Post
    honestly i still not know how to realize aramis classic from 90s
    Screenshot_20191030-204154.jpgScreenshot_20191030-201706.jpg
    Screenshot_20191030-201829.jpgScreenshot_20191030-201759.jpg
    Screenshot_20191030-200424.jpg
    Screenshot_20191030-203919.jpg
    Top left 60s n 70s top right 90s
    Middle pics 80s moving fwd 90s
    Then bottom is the 70s moving on towards the 80s the brown box that looks like the current version is the middle 90s and late 90s LABEL SAYS COLOGNE NOT EDT

Quote Originally Posted by shiiiriiin View Post
    its interesting very strange that you dont see much differences between older and the new one in projection and longer lasting
    i make an example in the old aramis from 2000 i took just few pst pst pst in the morning and next morning under shower with water i definitly smell aramis
    now i take 2x 3x or 5x so much and after few hours its just skin scent
    i think they change it not only because of money but also because everyone says its a silage monster and nowadays no one want such macho masculin thing anymore
    they also took a lot of the things away too shave foam day cream body spalsh shave soap i know in 2000 in the shops huge classic aramis counter like the ones from dior or ysl in the shops and they only had aramis classic products
    I know some of the ingredients of today has been replaced with treemoss Instead of Oakmoss and I do believe along with other notes has been tuned down a bit

The newer version smells the same but it's definitely weaker , I had Aramis in the mid and end 90s and it was very strong, I know cause I had friends clearing out the room bitching about my cologne being too strong , that's hours after applying , today I can clear out the room when I apply only at the moment lol after that is dies down quick, it smells really strong when u apply but don't let it fool u as it dies down after 30mins, it last on ya softly for few hours believe its not the same it once was , vintages from all eras are on eBay

Basenotes Plus

Default classic aramis watered down when

Am I the first one here to mention that skin-type/chemistry plays a big role regarding longevity/performance of frags? I own '80s Aramis EdC and Aramis Super Cologne (and they are strong!) - both are gone from my skin after 2 hrs, but lasts 8-12 hrs on others.
    Current Aramis has good strenght, so if it dissipates in a hurry it might be a question of skin-type and not concentration, just as well as a weak performing frag can be a powerhouse on some people, when it's really not.
    That being said, I know the classics ofcourse have changed over the years/decades because of regulations and all that crap.
    Non IFRA Compliant & proud of it!
    Currently wearing: Versace l'Homme by Versace