Code of Conduct
o

Default Halston z14 French Frag..vs Jeff Gordon edtion

Ok so what I've been doing to alot is buying vintage , semi vintage to new vintage to current versions with my colognes I did it with Paco Rabanne and I'm doing it with Halston Z14.. I have the EA Fragrance with no Oakmoss no tree moss smells like chewing gum , and the Jeff Gordon edtion that has treemoss and oakmoss , now recieved the French Frag version. Which is the earlier version before they became EA and has all Oakmoss..now I must agree, the scents are almost alike but not quite, im doing side by side and the Miami French Frag is so potent , it's leathery , mossy inall type of ways that in shape in form the new edtion is called the same as it once did , no resemblance, now the jeff gordan version is the closet to it but the it's weaker, it's very nice Fragrance and smell very similar, but the French Frag is so potent and powerful and true to what it once was , now for the hunt for the Halston company bottle the original, I dont think it's much difference then the French Frag , but I'm in love with it

Default Re: Halston z14 French Frag..vs Jeff Gordon edtion

IMG_20191029_190747.jpg
    I won this bad boy for 30$ in auction on eBay 4oz bottle with box filled to the top

IMG_20191029_190747.jpg
    I won this bad boy for 30$ in auction on eBay 4oz bottle spray bottle with box filled to the top

Basenotes Plus

I didnít find the French Fragrances version to be much closer to the Halston Distribution than the Jeff Gordon, but somewhat louder. The Halston distribution will remain my favorite as it is deeper and richer and just smells like better ingredients. Perhaps the ingredients are not any better but the presentation is less loud and more controlled. But Iím glad you found a version you like. Itís very good!
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    I didn’t find the French Fragrances version to be much closer to the Halston Distribution than the Jeff Gordon, but somewhat louder. The Halston distribution will remain my favorite as it is deeper and richer and just smells like better ingredients. Perhaps the ingredients are not any better but the presentation is less loud and more controlled. But I’m glad you found a version you like. It’s very good!
    I think Jeff Gordans and french smells the same , the project is louder in the French version , the very last time I smelled Halston from Halston Dis. Was prob 87-86 no lie, from what I remember vaguely, it was very very loud , as in note wise, I can't remember, how I remember, cause I was sitting in the back seat getting yelled at by mom and dad cause I had the car smelling so loud in the winter they had to roll the window down , I don't remember how much I applied lol but I remember my parents yelling cause I stanked the car up with Halston , lol oh man the good ol days ..but I'm very pleased with the French version , I think the only difference is instead of treemoss in Jeff Gordans version I get all Oakmoss in the French , and that's what makes it different for me and more in favor for it , but if I can find a 4oz Jeff Gordan version I'll buy it , never found one , but I'm chasing down the Halston dist version , I'm pretty iffy about it cause I mostly find splashes, and I'm pretty skeptical with that ..I wonder what makes it different, u think they use more ingredients then the other? In parts of the notes?..idk but if I do find one best believe I'll report back..just the other day I finally found a new bottle of Paco Rabanne Pour Homme 3rd version in spray form,when I bought it I put a side by side test with my splash version and the notes was so more pronounced then the splash I was like wow , but to a regular person who isn't into Fragrances can't compare..but like just a few minutes ago me and wife was talking about Halston , she knows nothing about reformulated versions and what not, so I got my newest version of Halston and sprayed it on one wrist and sprayed French version on the other , she was like WTH, NOW she has an understanding about me chasing vintages..I mean it's gotta be the worst reformulated version in history..I still enjoy paco rabanne newest version , it's not bad at all and I wear it frequently to the gym I finished a 100ml in months, it's the older version that was really really good and it's a shame it's not same juice anymore , I wonder what's if the bottles out now even still has Oakmoss and treemoss in it my Paco's latest version has it I mean I bought a new Aramis bottle and it doesn't have it..had to reedit...yes I'm looking at my box now and it only carries treemoss I replacement of Oakmoss anyhow I love aramis lately I've been hooked on it for some reason I'm looking to buy alot versions and gift sets of it , new or old don't matter , would like to try JHL never smelled it

User of Toilet Water

They smell the same to me.

Basenotes Plus

Great story about choking out mom and dad! Lol. I think generally speaking people donít need to stress over finding the Halston distribution. The French Fragrances you have is just fine and it really does smell the same. I find the Halston distribution to be a little richer. Presents off my skin with more density. Not quite edp density but a bit more than typical edt. French Fragrances is great and Jeff Gordon is really good. I donít like anything newer than Jeff Gordon. Youíre set. If I were in your shoes, I would not worry over Halston distribution unless you came across one cheaply and just wanted it, or, it was important to you from a collection standpoint.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Great story about choking out mom and dad! Lol. I think generally speaking people don’t need to stress over finding the Halston distribution. The French Fragrances you have is just fine and it really does smell the same. I find the Halston distribution to be a little richer. Presents off my skin with more density. Not quite edp density but a bit more than typical edt. French Fragrances is great and Jeff Gordon is really good. I don’t like anything newer than Jeff Gordon. You’re set. If I were in your shoes, I would not worry over Halston distribution unless you came across one cheaply and just wanted it, or, it was important to you from a collection standpoint.
    I think I'm all set aswell , I stopped with Paco Rabanne aswell, if I need backups I'll just hunt down the 3rd or 4th version down in spray , I'm not after 1st version I have 2,3,4,6version of PR..crazy lol French and Jeff Gordan smells the same but French of course is a bit more how can I say pronounced not a whole alot but little bit due to no treemoss and that's the only difference between the two and longitvity