Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
o

Default Re: Today I bought November 2019

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Congrats Fanny Do share your thoughts on these.
    OK, Cinabre just came in, a second hand bottle, very much used and a blind buy.
    I expected the opening to be more harsh, due to mentioned thorns, ginger and pepper in reviews.
    The opoponax calms it down a bit and gives the rose a sweet and waxy feeling.
    So far it is precisely to my liking, perhaps even love.
    The drydown should be great, I'm not that far ahead right now, but I look forward to my beloved note benzoin.

I already own a pretty large decant of Encens Mythique and had a first sniff from a sample one year ago.
    Last year I thought it was a little too odd for me.
    I tried it again during the last month and wondered how it could have left such a strange impression on me; perhaps it was the aldehyde note in combination with ambergris.
    I find it impressive and it is a big love now. Quite indescribable, which is perhaps how good perfumes sometimes should be.
    This bottle is also second hand, but relatively full!

45999_dcd2c94e00a8b8a0821158c98eb6807e.jpg

(not my pic)
    Currently wearing: Odor 93 by Meo Fusciuni

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    And a very good one at that! Congrats to you and enjoy!
    Congrats on your Montale bottle
    Thank-you both! I'm blown away by how good it is and perfect for the wet, windy UK Autumn (Fall)...!

Basenotes Plus

Big Purchase Day! - Parade, Black Tie, Nightclubbing, Dans Paris, Saint-Germain Des Pres, Cologne Francaise, La Peau Nue, Eau de Californie & Reptile 100ml EDP by Celine

Congrats Hednic
    Make It Happen!

Current Top 10 Of All Time
    1.Encens Mythique d’Orient
    2.L’Heure Perdue
    3.Le Monarque II/Argentium Halo De Lune/Sultanate Of Oman
    4.Candy Aoud/(Dior) Vetiver/Santal Noir/Torc
    5.Les Sables Roses/Mon Patchouly/1996/EL
    6.L’Heure Mysterieuse/Au Hasard/#laislablanca
    7.Al-Khatt/Prolixe/Jump Up & Kiss Me Hedonistic
    8.Le Monarque III/V/MAAI
    9.Fetish Parfum Pour Homme/Vision In A Dream Psychedelic/Great Britain
    10.Dhajala/Cuir Intense/Malesia

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by RawMia View Post
    Congrats Hednic
    Thank you very much.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I just purchased Guerlain Mitsouko EDC, which I've been hankering for ever since I got to try it during LiveJazz Blind Sample Pass.
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    I just purchased Guerlain Mitsouko EDC, which I've been hankering for ever since I got to try it during LiveJazz Blind Sample Pass.
    Do share your thoughts. I love Mitsouko. Congrats
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Got a 200 ml bottle of TdH Parfum in the mail today - the third in my TdH collection along with the EdT and Eau Intense Vetiver. Not enough of a fan of Eau Tres Fraiche to justify completing the collection, so I guess this is as close as I'll get.
    "To 'give style' to one's character-- a great and rare art!" - Nietzsche

"I got my own style; you put my shoes on, you wouldn't last a mile" - Mac Dre

ohh!!!organic liptint!!!gotta be mine!!!

Do share your thoughts. I love Mitsouko. Congrats
    Thank you sir. Excited to finally get my hands on it.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards

Don't usually post much in these threads, but today was a pretty darn good day.

Firstly, this showed up in the mail....

700x700.jpg

Reviews looked promising, and FragranceNet's crazy low price combined with a $25 voucher I had made this an attractive blind-buy gamble.

Secondly, there have been a few fragrances over the years that I've needed to have in my life after just one sniff. This is one of them....

o.64088.jpg

I've purchased a few things from the same SA at the Chicago Nordstroms (his name is Tony -- GREAT guy), and I told him I'd be coming in for a bottle of Kalan as soon as payday rolled around. True to my word, I swung by the store yesterday, and after adding a handful of samples and a generous decant of PdM Habdan to my bag, he says "Hold on. I've got something in back for you." Well, that "something" turned out to be a 100ml, un-sprayed bottle of this classy classic....

eau-d-hermes-eau-de-toilette--38290-front-1-300-0-1680-1680.jpg

I was flabbergasted, delighted, and extremely appreciative. Tony simply thanked me for being a loyal customer, and said he just wanted to see me leave the store with a smile on my face. Needless to say: I did!!

I do the VAST majority of my purchasing via online discounters, but sometimes it really pays to shop brick-and-mortar.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey
    Currently wearing: Kalan by Parfums de Marly

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory88 View Post

700x700.jpg

Reviews looked promising, and FragranceNet's crazy low price combined with a $25 voucher I had made this an attractive blind-buy gamble.

Secondly, there have been a few fragrances over the years that I've needed to have in my life after just one sniff. This is one of them....

o.64088.jpg

I've purchased a few things from the same SA at the Chicago Nordstroms (his name is Tony -- GREAT guy), and I told him I'd be coming in for a bottle of Kalan as soon as payday rolled around. True to my word, I swung by the store yesterday, and after adding a handful of samples and a generous decant of PdM Habdan to my bag, he says "Hold on. I've got something in back for you." Well, that "something" turned out to be a 100ml, un-sprayed bottle of this classy classic....

I was flabbergasted, delighted, and extremely appreciative. Tony simply thanked me for being a loyal customer, and said he just wanted to see me leave the store with a smile on my face. Needless to say: I did!!

I do the VAST majority of my purchasing via online discounters, but sometimes it really pays to shop brick-and-mortar.
    Congrats on these three bottles
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by fanny View Post
    OK, Cinabre just came in, a second hand bottle, very much used and a blind buy.
    I expected the opening to be more harsh, due to mentioned thorns, ginger and pepper in reviews.
    The opoponax calms it down a bit and gives the rose a sweet and waxy feeling.
    So far it is precisely to my liking, perhaps even love.
    The drydown should be great, I'm not that far ahead right now, but I look forward to my beloved note benzoin.

I already own a pretty large decant of Encens Mythique and had a first sniff from a sample one year ago.
    Last year I thought it was a little too odd for me.
    I tried it again during the last month and wondered how it could have left such a strange impression on me; perhaps it was the aldehyde note in combination with ambergris.
    I find it impressive and it is a big love now. Quite indescribable, which is perhaps how good perfumes sometimes should be.
    This bottle is also second hand, but relatively full!

45999_dcd2c94e00a8b8a0821158c98eb6807e.jpg

(not my pic)

Well written. I haven't tried Cinabre yet. The notes breakdown look interesting.

Since you mentioned Encens Mythique from Guerlain, Have you tried the l'art et la matière and elixir charnel collections? Those are definitely worth trying if you get an opportunity to do so.

Well written. I haven't tried Cinabre yet. The notes breakdown look interesting.

Since you mentioned Encens Mythique from Guerlain, Have you tried the l'art et la matière and elixir charnel collections? Those are definitely worth trying if you get an opportunity to do so.
    Thank you.

I know, I have decants of many of those.
    Currently wearing: Odor 93 by Meo Fusciuni

Had that "gotta get something new' feeling so got Equipage Geranium! Due any day now.
    Currently wearing: Bogart by Jacques Bogart

Quote Originally Posted by Derbyman View Post
    My first full bottle from Montale. (Catching up hednic...!)

Seems you got yourself a very good modern powerhouse again! (looking at Red Tobacco)
    Congratz!
    My Top '11' of main current rotation in no particular order:

- Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Antaeus (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - TF: Ombré Leather
    - Cartier: Santos edt (vtg)
    - Al Haramain: Excellent
    - SA: Shaghaf Oud Abyad
    - SA: Al Basel
    - D&G: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Mancera: Red Tobacco
    - Mancera: Aoud Vanille

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

700x700.jpg

o.64088.jpg

Congrats on these excellent acquisitions!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

700x700.jpg

o.64088.jpg

Wow. Very generous. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

Yesterday I received:

Wore Oudh 36 Elixir yesterday - the best alternate version of Tuscan Leather I've smelled yet. I don't get a more pronounced raspberry note that some reviewers on youtube have mentioned. In fact, I find it very close to the vintage bottle I had from 2008 (which had a noticeable raspberry note.)

Imperial Oud, which I'm wearing today, settles down nicely with lots of woods, incense and amber. The opening several minutes are brutal, though.
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

Congrats on these three bottles
    Congrats on these excellent acquisitions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    Wow. Very generous. Congrats!
    Thank you very much, gents!!

Smell Good, Feel Good

Quote Originally Posted by PaTomas View Post
    Some Winter and Holiday prep:
    Attachment 112087
    Congrats! I recently received my EN Extreme, I like it a lot! Definitely a great flanker of the original. Let us know your thoughts!
    "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread

Dependent

MadhatMoCP.jpg
    Madhat Scents Memories of Christmas Past

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFrank75 View Post
    MadhatMoCP.jpg
    Madhat Scents Memories of Christmas Past
    Awesome! Madhat is fantastic.

I picked this up...
    squid.jpg
    Currently wearing: Dia Man by Amouage

700x700.jpg

o.64088.jpg

Love it when that happens! Happy for you!

BTW, my wife is getting me Kalan for Christmas!

Basenotes Plus

700x700.jpg

o.64088.jpg

Congratulation and well done!

Romeo Gigli Per Uomo

Bogart by Jacques Bogart

Lui di Lancetti Homme

Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

I went ahead and got the Hugo Boss, Boss the Scent Parfum. Good scent.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Love it when that happens! Happy for you!

BTW, my wife is getting me Kalan for Christmas!
    Lucky you!! Have you gotten a chance to sample it, Chuck?

Quote Originally Posted by jkonick View Post
    Got a 200 ml bottle of TdH Parfum in the mail today - the third in my TdH collection along with the EdT and Eau Intense Vetiver. Not enough of a fan of Eau Tres Fraiche to justify completing the collection, so I guess this is as close as I'll get.
    Congrats on TDH. Maybe Eau Tres Fraiche will grow on you at some point, maybe you need to revisit somewhere down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by fanny View Post
    Thank you.

I know, I have decants of many of those.

Which ones do you have decants of and which ones are your favorites?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    Yesterday I received:

Wore Oudh 36 Elixir yesterday - the best alternate version of Tuscan Leather I've smelled yet. I don't get a more pronounced raspberry note that some reviewers on youtube have mentioned. In fact, I find it very close to the vintage bottle I had from 2008 (which had a noticeable raspberry note.)

Imperial Oud, which I'm wearing today, settles down nicely with lots of woods, incense and amber. The opening several minutes are brutal, though.
    Congrats

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast