Code of Conduct
o

Default [Help] Reckon this Creed Aventus is real?

I know you guys probably get this question asked hundreds of times, but I need some reassurance please.

Bought a supposed "tester" from a 2016 batch. Smells lovely, lasts, and is really strong. Did lots of research into spotting a fake bottle and I'm still a bit on the fence, so came here for help. If you need more photos, just ask.

20191031_235302.jpg
    20191031_235318.jpg
    20191031_235647.jpg
    20191031_235659.jpg
    20191031_235628.jpg
    20191031_235611.jpg
    20191031_235554.jpg

Default Re: [Help] Reckon this Creed Aventus is real?

very fake. sorry.
    Currently wearing: Awake by Akro

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    very fake. sorry.
    What's the tell-tale sign?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Most definitely fake. Sorry for your loss...

I can't say with 100% certainty, but it appears to be a fake.

Of the four different Creed testers I own 2015 and prior, none of them have come with a cap. I don't believe this has changed in recent years. If it has I certainly haven't heard of them coming with caps.

The other problem is the sprayer stamped with the Creed logo. There was a time before the new style atomizers, I believe the changeover was either late 2014 or possibly early 2015, when the top of the sprayer was stamped. I have not seen any stamped sprayers on any newer Creed bottles, retail or otherwise.

It could be possible there is more than one bottler and there is some variation, but I kind of doubt it.

I think its a fake too, but I'm interested to hear what the two first guys who said unequivocally "its a fake" think

The batch code writing seems off to me - I think its just not even close to the right font. Also I have never seen a Creed tester with a cap, I guess there's nothing saying someone couldn't have put a spare cap on a tester, but saying "its a tester" is usually just a way to not have to make a phony box with the counterfeit frag.
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

As per the above, there are no 'Creed' stamps on sprayer heads of 3rd gen sprayers since 2014/15, plus 16C01 did not come in 100ml and inside of sprayer is all wrong.
    Absolutely no doubt whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneofthechosen View Post
    As per the above, there are no 'Creed' stamps on sprayer heads of 3rd gen sprayers since 2014/15, plus 16C01 did not come in 100ml and inside of sprayer is all wrong.
    Absolutely no doubt whatsoever.
    +1 this pretty much sums it up.

Basenotes Plus

Get a refund, only buy from trusted sources or direct from the source (CREED). Remember if it seems too good to be true it is #$&@!.
    Current Top Favorites

Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme
    Guerlain L’Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme EDP
    Chanel Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Guerlain Heritage EDT
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Ralph Lauren Polo
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    The batch code writing seems off to me - I think its just not even close to the right font. Also I have never seen a Creed tester with a cap, I guess there's nothing saying someone couldn't have put a spare cap on a tester, but saying "its a tester" is usually just a way to not have to make a phony box with the counterfeit frag.
    This is the biggest giveaway to me.

But the OP reports that it smells great which doesn’t add up...

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    This is the biggest giveaway to me.

But the OP reports that it smells great which doesn’t add up...
    'Smells lovely and lasts' but of what? It won't be Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by HFMIII View Post
    The other problem is the sprayer stamped with the Creed logo. There was a time before the new style atomizers, I believe the changeover was either late 2014 or possibly early 2015, when the top of the sprayer was stamped. I have not seen any stamped sprayers on any newer Creed bottles, retail or otherwise.
    I'm not an expert but my (authentic) 14L01 does not have a stamped cap, so it would be sometime in 2014 that they switched over from stamped caps to non-stamped ones. Either way, a 2016 bottle would DEFINITELY not have a stamped cap.

looks like all the points have been mentioned, there wasn't a 100ml size until batch 16L01 and regardless this is an obvious fake. the real juice smells even better
    Currently wearing: Awake by Akro

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    I'm not an expert but my (authentic) 14L01 does not have a stamped cap, so it would be sometime in 2014 that they switched over from stamped caps to non-stamped ones. Either way, a 2016 bottle would DEFINITELY not have a stamped cap.
    Does your 14L01 have the old first gen. atomizer? 2014 is that weird transition year of Creed bottles. All three generations of atomizers exist for bottles from that year. My bottle of 14F01 has the stamped cap, but then again, it was released somewhere in the middle of 2014 while yours is one of the last batches of 2014. But I saw 14L01 with the modern style of atomizer and the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Y4S_58 View Post
    Does your 14L01 have the old first gen. atomizer? 2014 is that weird transition year of Creed bottles. All three generations of atomizers exist for bottles from that year. My bottle of 14F01 has the stamped cap, but then again, it was released somewhere in the middle of 2014 while yours is one of the last batches of 2014. But I saw 14L01 with the modern style of atomizer and the old one.
    It doesn't have the first gen, firehose sprayer, it has one of the modern ones.

Ok, that explains it then. Not a single bottle with the modern atomizer should have a stamped cap ofc. But we all see how creative people get with modifying their Creed bottles e.g. selling 75ml bottles with 30ml bottle caps for example (currently one of those is up for sale on ebay).