Code of Conduct
o

Default Aramis vintage edition!

Today I recieved Aramis Vintage Edition..well this may not be the 70s or 80s version but it's an early 2000s version , for those that say current formula Aramis and vintage or even formula from 15 years ago the same , is very mistaken..the scent is Aramis , but so pronounced it's strong and long lasting , I'm assuming before treemoss took place Oakmoss was in Aramis , it's loud n proud , and certain notes just seems to project more , I'm not good with notes but I can assure u it's more clear , and way better then current formula, which I still admire alot , but man it's different with this stuff , I'm also waiting on a 70s bottle of Aramis , should come Monday.IMG_20191103_015509.jpg
    Last edited by Drjones152; 3rd November 2019 at 12:47 PM.

Default Re: Aramis vintage edition!

Aramis Vintage Edition is totally different cologne and have nothing to do with original Aramis by Aramis.
    and there is no 70s or 80s versions of it, it did come in around 2000 and is different cologne, that you cannot compare to current or vintage Aramis they smell 100% different.
    Aramis Vintage Edition do not have oakmoss at all.
    1976 - Yatagan Caron
    1977 - Snuff by Schiaparelli
    1981 - Kouros YSL
    1988 - Fahrenheit Dior
    1980 - Patou Pour Homme
    1987 - Lapidus Pour Homme
    1981 - Quorum Antonio Puig
    1993 - Insense by Givenchy
    2014 - Dior Homme Parfum
    1987 - Ho Hang Club Balenciaga

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by peter4ptv View Post
    Aramis Vintage Edition is totally different cologne and have nothing to do with original Aramis by Aramis.
    and there is no 70s or 80s versions of it, it did come in around 2000 and is different cologne, that you cannot compare to current or vintage Aramis they smell 100% different.
    Aramis Vintage Edition do not have oakmoss at all.
    I don't think DrJones said that there were 70s or 80s versions of it. He was comparing AVE to Aramis of said era, finding certain similarities in the scent. I seem to have read that it contained oakmoss.
    Non IFRA Compliant & proud of it!
    Currently wearing: Versace l'Homme by Versace

Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    I don't think DrJones said that there were 70s or 80s versions of it. He was comparing AVE to Aramis of said era, finding certain similarities in the scent. I seem to have read that it contained oakmoss.
    <<<<<<<<<<<well this may not be the 70s or 80s version but it's an early 2000s version , for those that say current formula Aramis and vintage or even formula from 15 years ago the same>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

from the OP quote i understand that he puts Aramis Vintage Edition just as same as Aramis by Aramis just different formula.
    i was pointing out that Aramis Vintage Edition is a different cologne and have nothing to do with the different formulations of the original 1966 Aramis.
    1966 Aramis is a strong leather and oakmoss cologne and Aramis Vintage Edition smells like flowers with something sweet and absolutely no smell of leather or oakmoss at least to me.
    1976 - Yatagan Caron
    1981 - Kouros YSL
    1988 - Fahrenheit Dior
    1980 - Patou Pour Homme
    2014 - Dior Homme Parfum

This was an limited edition bottle and package, celebrating Aramis history , it's the same cologne my friend , if u ever owned it u would know ..the booklet states it self , it was made in the U.S.A , I believe this limited edition package came out in the 2004 ..this smells just like Aramis today in current formula but a bit stronger ..I will post pictures of what the booklet says , idk what u smelled before but it's not an entire different cologne at ALL plenty of leather , I do believe the Oakmoss has been tamed a bit since it was the turn of decade when they started to put restrictions on ingredients so I do believe this was a start of Aramis changing formulas..it's a EDT, as printed on the bottom of the bottle ,but made in U.S.AIMG_20191105_230243.jpgIMG_20191105_230257.jpg
    Last edited by Drjones152; 6th November 2019 at 02:14 PM.

It states the design of the bottle was from the first ad promoting Aramis when it first came out.

It's not sweet lol it's very very much like Aramis lol I own Aramis Concentree, Aramis EDT , and coming soon Aramis aerospray Cologne .. Concentree , and the EDT and the vintage edtion all smell very much alike , just this one smells stronger

The 100% different in this Aramis is the packaging

Basenote don't have a profile for this Aramis, Fragrantica does, which it does states to have Oakmoss n leather in it.im doing a side by side test now with the concentree version of Aramis and I can only detect a small difference in it vintage edtion for some reason is more like earthy or herbal sort of, but farrr from sweetScreenshot_20191105-231757.jpg

I'm at the drydown now , the only difference I detect from the bottle to the concentree version is vintage edition bottle is more fuzzy , rounder sort of , and that's it as the concentree version is more sharp and edgy kind of sort say, but no real difference I do think there both at the same strength , not by much ,but a bit more not by much, too someone who has no idea about colognes ,u put em to smell if there is any difference, they would say no it's the same smell

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Drjones152 View Post
    This was an limited edition bottle and package, celebrating Aramis history , it's the same cologne my friend , if u ever owned it u would u know ..the booklet states it it self , it was made in the U.S.A , I believe this limited edition package came out in the 2004 ..this smells just like Aramis but a bit stronger ..I will post pictures of what the booklet says , idk what u smelled before but it's not an entire different cologne at ALLIMG_20191105_230243.jpgIMG_20191105_230257.jpg
    Boom, there u go! Congrats

Boom, there u go! Congrats
    Right I don't know what other proof I got to show , there's not much info on it at all. Fragrantica states the same notes as Aramis , Aramis today has different notes , it has treemoss in replacement of Oakmoss and I believe coconut in place of casteroum..but it states Oakmoss for this edition and leather , it smells just like Aramis trust me it's not entire different cologne .I'm 100% certain..today when the mail comes I'll be recieving a real vintage from Aramis I believe it's a bottle from 70s or early 80s ..Aramis Aerospray Cologne

This was an limited edition bottle and package, celebrating Aramis history , it's the same cologne my friend , if u ever owned it u would know ..the booklet states it self , it was made in the U.S.A , I believe this limited edition package came out in the 2004 ..this smells just like Aramis today in current formula but a bit stronger ..I will post pictures of what the booklet says , idk what u smelled before but it's not an entire different cologne at ALL plenty of leather , I do believe the Oakmoss has been tamed a bit since it was the turn of decade when they started to put restrictions on ingredients so I do believe this was a start of Aramis changing formulas..it's a EDT, as printed on the bottom of the bottle ,but made in U.S.AIMG_20191105_230243.jpgIMG_20191105_230257.jpg
    Thank for the detailed info good to know that this is close to original.
    I do not have a bottle of the vintage edition and was just going by memory from samples.
    I have and use to have many different releases of the original and did get a set of samples I think back in 2015 than include the vintage edition, adventurer, impeccable, gentlemen, gold, classic reserve and aramis a. from all this I remember only “gold” and “aramis a” were like the original and was really surprised how different were the others.
    1976 - Yatagan Caron
    1981 - Kouros YSL
    1988 - Fahrenheit Dior
    1980 - Patou Pour Homme
    2014 - Dior Homme Parfum

Basenotes Plus

Right I don't know what other proof I got to show , there's not much info on it at all. Fragrantica states the same notes as Aramis , Aramis today has different notes , it has treemoss in replacement of Oakmoss and I believe coconut in place of casteroum..but it states Oakmoss for this edition and leather , it smells just like Aramis trust me it's not entire different cologne .I'm 100% certain..today when the mail comes I'll be recieving a real vintage from Aramis I believe it's a bottle from 70s or early 80s ..Aramis Aerospray Cologne
    Hey you ain't gotta prove anything, man. I know it's the real mccoy lol. Coconut instead of castoreum and all that shit... F*** IFRA and f*** the designer-houses for complying. Use oakmoss FRAGRANCE-oil and castoreum FRAGRANCE-oil instead of absolutes, and seize with the dumbass replacements. Geez...

Quote Originally Posted by peter4ptv View Post
    Thank for the detailed info good to know that this is close to original.
    I do not have a bottle of the vintage edition and was just going by memory from samples.
    I have and use to have many different releases of the original and did get a set of samples I think back in 2015 than include the vintage edition, adventurer, impeccable, gentlemen, gold, classic reserve and aramis a. from all this I remember only “gold” and “aramis a” were like the original and was really surprised how different were the others.
    I also heard Gold and A+ was like the original, A+ was said to be lighter on the scent from what I read and Gold is said to share alot of common with Kouros but with Leather , I believe the civit is what makes it common, from what I read , I can't tell u cause I haven't smelled them, those two I'm interested in , I own Devin,Tuscony, Havana Concentree , TABACOO Reserve , I wanna try Mordern Leather and the new one Special Blend..also has anyone tried Classic Reserve I believe came out in 2008 ..I've been searching everywhere for information in the Aerospray cologne..Aramis is one of those house like Santos Cartier ,bottle changes on and off and goes back to what it once looked like and back again lol, hard to keep up, but I truely believe the Aerospray version was from the late 70s and early 80s, that style of atomizer was kind of in style , paco Rabanne pH also had the same style of spray..I'm really hoping to get that vintage formula that Oakmoss and casteroum and the leather n civet..I remember buying a bottle as a teenager when the box came out like the current formula the brownish redish box ...but instead of EDT it said cologne , I'm talking 95-96 and mannn I remember clearly , it was a powerhouse , after hours wearing it in the summer heat I'll go to my friend's house and hear them complain saying what did I do bathed in cologne lol I've always been a heavy sprayer ..it's pretty confusing keeping up with Aramis , they have many different bottles , also have u heard ARAMIS SUPER COLOGNE ..that's the name lol

Hey you ain't gotta prove anything, man. I know it's the real mccoy lol. Coconut instead of castoreum and all that shit... F*** IFRA and f*** the designer-houses for complying. Use oakmoss FRAGRANCE-oil and castoreum FRAGRANCE-oil instead of absolutes, and seize with the dumbass replacements. Geez...
    It's ok tho i like to share facts , some ppl prob gets confused , but yea this restriction shit is a pain n the ass, so many good colognes out there now but there performance is so weak , I'm not gonna spend big bucks on a cologne that's only performes for a few hours , for that buy vintages . is like IFRA Knew , if they restricted the Ingredients, the more they wear the colognes cause it won't last long , so they come back to buy more colognes , back then all we needed was a just couple sprays to get a AWESOME PERFORMANCE, the bottles will last all season plus more , now I'm lucky to last two months. All the other reasons is excuses , yea some ppl maybe allergic to some ingredients, but the end of the day is all business.now they have eau de colognes , eau de toilette, eau de perfum and Perfum , intense, lol is all buisness, if they stick with Original ingredients , all that others wouldn't be needed, just my opinion

Aramis Impeccable, Gentleman, Adventurer, Cool, ice , black ,I never was interested in, that's just me tho , but the Tabacoo Reserve is something really nice , Mordern Leather I would like to smell before I buy , I will blind buy Special Blend I read good things on it .

, also have u heard ARAMIS SUPER COLOGNE ..that's the name lol
    i use to have it in very long time ago way before basenotes i think was like early 80s i got it back in Bulgaria from a special store call it KOREKOM where you can buy only with west German marks or with US dollars i have no detailed memory of it, for me back then was just original aramis in different bottle.
    i am sure Marand can tell you more about i think he is the only basenoter who currently has it.
    1976 - Yatagan Caron
    1981 - Kouros YSL
    1988 - Fahrenheit Dior
    1980 - Patou Pour Homme
    2014 - Dior Homme Parfum

Aramis Impeccable, Gentleman, Adventurer, Cool, ice , black ,I never was interested in, that's just me tho , but the Tabacoo Reserve is something really nice , Mordern Leather I would like to smell before I buy , I will blind buy Special Blend I read good things on it .
    Tobacco Reserve is the only one from the last decade releases that deserves the name Aramis.
    i bet you will be really disappoint it when you try Modern Leather
    1976 - Yatagan Caron
    1981 - Kouros YSL
    1988 - Fahrenheit Dior
    1980 - Patou Pour Homme
    2014 - Dior Homme Parfum