Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 10 of 10
o
  1. #1
    Basenotes Plus

    ILikePeeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    T̛e̢x͡as͜
    Posts
    6,229

    Default Cuba Paris - vintage or no? (Yes, the cigar shaped fragrances..)

    I have a feeling there's some kind of Creed-effect going on here with some fudging of dates, but -apparently- Cuba Gold is not a 'clone' of Le Male because it came out in 1979 whereas Le Male came out in 1994.

    Now that seems quiitteee unlikely to me and more like a load of hogwash - anyone have any actual information Cuba Paris fragrances? Trademark dates or anything?

    Kind of hard to actually believe that Cuba Gold came out like 15 years before Le Male. I'm not even sure if some of those synths were even known or being used at that time.

    I'm assuming the brand didn't come around until at least the mid-late 90's at the earliest.

    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & B˙zios Brasil
    Posts
    296,604

    Default Re: Cuba Paris - vintage or no? (Yes, the cigar shaped fragrances..)

    Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    anyone have any actual information Cuba Paris fragrances? Trademark dates or anything?
    According to Perfume Intelligence they came out in 1999-2000.

    Cuba Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    Cuba Black Cuba Paris Fragrances
    1999
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Blue Cuba Paris Fragrances
    1999
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Brown Cuba Paris Fragrances
    1999
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Gold Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Green Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Grey Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Jungle Snake Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    Cuba Jungle Tiger Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    Cuba Jungle Zebra Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    Cuba Orange Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Red Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Sparkling Snake Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    Cuba Sparkling Tiger Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    Cuba Sparkling Zebra Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    Cuba Strass Snake Cuba paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    Cuba Strass Tiger Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    Cuba Strass Zebra Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  3. #3
    Basenotes Plus

    ILikePeeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    T̛e̢x͡as͜
    Posts
    6,229

    Default Re: Cuba Paris - vintage or no? (Yes, the cigar shaped fragrances..)

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    According to Perfume Intelligence they came out in 1999-2000.

    Cuba Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    Cuba Black Cuba Paris Fragrances
    1999
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Blue Cuba Paris Fragrances
    1999
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Brown Cuba Paris Fragrances
    1999
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Gold Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Green Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Grey Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Jungle Snake Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    Cuba Jungle Tiger Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    Cuba Jungle Zebra Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    Cuba Orange Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Red Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Sparkling Snake Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    Cuba Sparkling Tiger Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    Cuba Sparkling Zebra Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    Cuba Strass Snake Cuba paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    Cuba Strass Tiger Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    Cuba Strass Zebra Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    Awesome, thank you!
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

  4. #4
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & B˙zios Brasil
    Posts
    296,604

    Default Re: Cuba Paris - vintage or no? (Yes, the cigar shaped fragrances..)

    Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Awesome, thank you!
    Quite welcome.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  5. #5
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    7,872
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Cuba Paris - vintage or no? (Yes, the cigar shaped fragrances..)

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    According to Perfume Intelligence they came out in 1999-2000.

    Cuba Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    Cuba Black Cuba Paris Fragrances
    1999
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Blue Cuba Paris Fragrances
    1999
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Brown Cuba Paris Fragrances
    1999
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Gold Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Green Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Grey Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Jungle Snake Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    Cuba Jungle Tiger Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    Cuba Jungle Zebra Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    Cuba Orange Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Red Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    A masculine fragrance
    Cuba Sparkling Snake Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    Cuba Sparkling Tiger Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    Cuba Sparkling Zebra Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    Cuba Strass Snake Cuba paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    Cuba Strass Tiger Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    Cuba Strass Zebra Cuba Paris Fragrances
    2000
    An edp spray
    These always pop up at discounters. Thanks for the info
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Quorum by Antonio Puig

  6. #6
    Basenotes Plus
    PStoller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Cuba Paris - vintage or no? (Yes, the cigar shaped fragrances..)

    The company website says they launched their first fragrances in 1992, but they don’t say which ones. In any case, obviously not 1979, and the ones under discussion couldn’t have been before 1994.

  7. #7
    Basenotes Plus

    ILikePeeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    T̛e̢x͡as͜
    Posts
    6,229

    Default Re: Cuba Paris - vintage or no? (Yes, the cigar shaped fragrances..)

    Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    The company website says they launched their first fragrances in 1992, but they don’t say which ones. In any case, obviously not 1979, and the ones under discussion couldn’t have been before 1994.
    That's why I made the thread - claims of Cuba Gold pre-dating Le Male, which appear to be false. Can't have people thinking Le Male is a 'clone' of a Cuba frag :P
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

  8. #8
    Dependent peter4ptv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    L. A. California
    Posts
    1,318

    Default Re: Cuba Paris - vintage or no? (Yes, the cigar shaped fragrances..)

    Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    I have a feeling there's some kind of Creed-effect going on here with some fudging of dates, but -apparently- Cuba Gold is not a 'clone' of Le Male because it came out in 1979 whereas Le Male came out in 1994.

    Now that seems quiitteee unlikely to me and more like a load of hogwash - anyone have any actual information Cuba Paris fragrances? Trademark dates or anything?

    Kind of hard to actually believe that Cuba Gold came out like 15 years before Le Male. I'm not even sure if some of those synths were even known or being used at that time.

    I'm assuming the brand didn't come around until at least the mid-late 90's at the earliest.

    from where get the info that come in 79?
    1976 - Yatagan Caron
    1977 - Snuff by Schiaparelli
    1981 - Kouros YSL
    1988 - Fahrenheit Dior
    1980 - Patou Pour Homme
    1987 - Lapidus Pour Homme
    1981 - Quorum Antonio Puig
    1993 - Insense by Givenchy
    2014 - Dior Homme Parfum
    1987 - Ho Hang Club Balenciaga

  9. #9

    Default Re: Cuba Paris - vintage or no? (Yes, the cigar shaped fragrances..)

    Getting little or no difference between the vintage and the current version (s) of this one, so unless no specific collecting is going on, would stick with the affordable prices of the current one (s)
    Currently wearing: Open by Roger & Gallet

  10. #10
    Basenotes Plus

    ILikePeeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    T̛e̢x͡as͜
    Posts
    6,229

    Default Re: Cuba Paris - vintage or no? (Yes, the cigar shaped fragrances..)

    Quote Originally Posted by peter4ptv View Post
    from where get the info that come in 79?
    Someone mentioned it online, so I searched a little and did indeed see 1979 pop up - but it's all BS apparently.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Getting little or no difference between the vintage and the current version (s) of this one, so unless no specific collecting is going on, would stick with the affordable prices of the current one (s)
    Sorry, that's not what the topic is about - I meant are they -actually- an older company founded in the late 70's, or is it BS and they're actually a 90's/00's company. Seems it's the latter. Wasn't asking about vintage vs current with their specific frags.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!




Similar Threads

  1. The Best Cuba Paris fragrances?
    By TheBlackAdonis in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 16th November 2013, 09:38 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 5th September 2011, 08:10 PM
  3. Cuba Paris - Fragluxe (the same?)
    By _FP_ in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21st April 2010, 08:47 AM
  4. Cuba Paris Fragrances
    By ricardohmedina in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30th September 2009, 03:48 AM
  5. Cuba Paris Fragrances
    By calexs in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31st October 2007, 03:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000