Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
o

Default Re: Dan MyMickers (YouTuber reviewer) has died.

May not remember to have watched his YT reviews but even so RIP and admitting to have likely done so without much recollection (due to watching quite a conspicuous amount of Youtube fragrance reviews in the first place and only remembering the fewest highlights).

Anyway, may he rest in peace and in the (still, but hopefully soon to change) comparative scarcity of Youtube reviews, even though fragrance reviewers are already plenty on this platform and likely increasing, my best wishes and feelings go to his family, friends and everyone dear to him, as well as the hope that his fragrance reviewing legacy, insights, endeavor and work may be honorably, worthily, wittily, enthusiastically and genuinely be continued and live on.

Dan was one of the first reviewers I watched back in 2011. Always was cheerful and fun to watch and even though I never met or spoke to him I felt like I knew him. Just an all-around good guy and whatever his faults or problems might have been, he was someone you could always trust to give an honest opinion on stuff. Was shocked and saddened to hear he died. Best wishes to his family in this hard time.

Freed from BN Institution

I noticed several months before his passing he shared initial impressions on a lot of rare Private Collection and EDT Creeds.

Millesime 1849
    Orange Spice
    Baie De Genièvre
    Epicea
    Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse
    Angelique Encens
    Jasmal
    Acier Aluminum
    Selection Verte
    Vintage Tabarome
    Green Valley
    Windsor
    Royal Delight
    Santal Imperial
    Bois De Cedrat
    Ambre Canelle
    Feuilles Vertes
    Vetiver 1948
    Chevrefeuille
    Cypres Musc
    Citrus Bigarrade
    Royal English Leather
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    I noticed several months before his passing he shared initial impressions on a lot of rare Private Collection and EDT Creeds.

Millesime 1849
    Orange Spice
    Baie De Genièvre
    Epicea
    Angelique Encens
    Jasmal
    Acier Aluminum
    Selection Verte
    Vintage Tabarome
    Green Valley
    Windsor
    Royal Delight
    Santal Imperial
    Bois De Cedrat
    Ambre Canelle
    Feuilles Vertes
    Vetiver 1948
    Chevrefeuille
    Cypres Musc
    Citrus Bigarrade
    Royal English Leather
    Creed themselves sent him most of those samples. He was having a hard time finding one of them, and they had a conversation about 1 sample, they decided to send him about 10 if he agreed to review them.
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler

RIP, Dan!

I did watch his videos in my early days of my online-journey through the fragworld. He seemed like a slightly crazy but very good-hearted fellow and we need more of those in our world, not less!
    Currently wearing: Ébène by Pierre Balmain

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    As for this rumor, I dunno what to say. I did know Dan on a more personal level, and I won't air out his public information like that, but a few of us who did talk to him behind the scene knew more about his personal life. I don't think it's right to post stuff like that though, and you should be more respectful.
    The dude died young, they are asking for $$, he was a well known fragrance dude - I don't think it's unreasonable to want to know how he died especially if they are asking for money.

I sent in a donation and got a thank you from his wife but I could honestly see how knowing how he died might change your point of view on sending money. I think it's important to know. Others disagree, clearly - but it's not a clear cut issue.

Depression, suicide, cancer, stroke, heart attack, blood clot - knowing how someone dies young can have a profound educational impact and prevent an untimely death. It's not about gossip - I truly believe knowing the details can prevent other tragedies.

It's not so obvious, at least to me, that you are right and I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    The dude died young, they are asking for $$, he was a well known fragrance dude - I don't think it's unreasonable to want to know how he died especially if they are asking for money.

I sent in a donation and got a thank you from his wife but I could honestly see how knowing how he died might change your point of view on sending money. I think it's important to know. Others disagree, clearly - but it's not a clear cut issue.

Depression, suicide, cancer, stroke, heart attack, blood clot - knowing how someone dies young can have a profound educational impact and prevent an untimely death. It's not about gossip - I truly believe knowing the details can prevent other tragedies.

Agree with U. When someone passes away the first thing people ask is "what happened'? It is not unreasonable and anyone with info should not be dismissed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post

You can ask his wife, or ask others. Also, there is something called sudden death, that just happens for no reason. I know somebody in perfectly good shape, a swimmer, ran every day. Was walking out to get the mail one morning and just dropped dead, boom. Sudden death syndrome? Something like that. It's not common, but it does happen. Although that's not what happened with Dan. Not that I am aware of.

If you donated to the funeral costs, I don't think Amanda would mind telling you what happened. Furthermore you could ask her on Facebook. Nobody said it's not ok to be curious, I'm sure everyone is wondering what happened. It's still disrespectful to discuss it on a forum viewed by tens of thousands of people. If you had a family death, would you want 100,000 random strangers to know about it? Have some class.

Damn...So sorry to hear this. Such a hilarious and positive guy. Prayers up to his wife and daughter in this really difficult time.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    You can ask his wife, or ask others. Also, there is something called sudden death, that just happens for no reason. I know somebody in perfectly good shape, a swimmer, ran every day. Was walking out to get the mail one morning and just dropped dead, boom. Sudden death syndrome? Something like that. It's not common, but it does happen. Although that's not what happened with Dan. Not that I am aware of.

If you donated to the funeral costs, I don't think Amanda would mind telling you what happened. Furthermore you could ask her on Facebook. Nobody said it's not ok to be curious, I'm sure everyone is wondering what happened. It's still disrespectful to discuss it on a forum viewed by tens of thousands of people. If you had a family death, would you want 100,000 random strangers to know about it? Have some class.
    Yeah good idea. Let’s ask his grieving wife about how her recently deceased husband passed away.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kor987 View Post
    Yeah good idea. Let’s ask his grieving wife about how her recently deceased husband passed away.
    Well, she told me.

Blog Entries

Just wanna say, you all may find out in due time the details of Dan's death. It's not for me to say, it's up to Dan's family. So please just be respectful of that, and patient.

Blog Entries

Default Re: You Tube reviewer MyMickers passed away

Very sad. R.I.P.
    I hope his family have lots of love right now to get them thru this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post

Millesime 1849
    Orange Spice
    Baie De Genièvre
    Epicea
    Angelique Encens
    Jasmal
    Acier Aluminum
    Selection Verte
    Vintage Tabarome
    Green Valley
    Windsor
    Royal Delight
    Santal Imperial
    Bois De Cedrat
    Ambre Canelle
    Feuilles Vertes
    Vetiver 1948
    Chevrefeuille
    Cypres Musc
    Citrus Bigarrade
    Royal English Leather
    These creeds weren't rare when I first started collecting CREED.
    And it's a shame the grey cap/private collection has become so exceedingly rare.
    These are the creeds which had the greatest legacy of using real natural ingredients, and discriminating taste.
    Thankful that Dan appreciated such fine work enough to review them all!
    He will truly be missed!
    R.I.P. brother !

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    These creeds weren't rare when I first started collecting CREED.
    And it's a shame the grey cap/private collection has become so exceedingly rare.
    These are the creeds which had the greatest legacy of using real natural ingredients, and discriminating taste.
    Were you able to try the more obscure ones like Animals Pimenta, Cuir Imperial, Bois de Rhodes, Verveine Narcisse, Bayrhum Vetiver, Ylang Jonquiles, Herbe Marine, Scent of Oger?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Remember his videos from years ago. RIP.

This seems to be the last proper video on his channel.

Hello, I am Dan "MyMickers" Mother. I can't tell you how it warms my heart to see all the tributes and good things siad about my son. I love him so much and miss him terribly. I am so very proud of him. Dan was a man with an over extending heart of love. He loved people and he treated them aas if he did. I have a hard time thingking that I will never see again in this world but I find my comfort in my trust, faith, and hope in God's plan. Dan was a very good person. he would not say a bad word against anyone. He loved all his Fumeheads and anyone else he met. You couldn't find a better friend than Dan and I couldn't find a better son.

When he first died it took me so long to realize I could not have him back. That was all my hurt; I wanted my son back but have come to accept that now that it never can be. I htink of him every day. Look at all his pictures around the house. He wrote me a beautiful two page letter and so often I want to read it but I'm afraid to because I know the pain it will cause. It was a beautiful letter. It is the most sincere words of love that a son could write to his Mother, and so beautiful.

I thank all of you for remembering Dan the way yoou do. I have so may memories also but sometimes it's so painful to think of them because I know he won't be back. He's give me a call and see if he could come out and visit me. We don't realize how special those visits are until that person is gone. I'll never get a hug from him in this world. I have on my dining room table a plant he bought me for Mother's Day of 2019 and he siad he got this particular one because I couldn't kill it. I'm no good with plants. I will always treasure this plant. It has a tag hanging from it that says Mom. He thought that was so good; so meaningful. Dan's heart was super big. The love he had for me as his Mother is so beautiful. I cry thinking about it. I miss him so much. i just want him back.

Basenotes Plus

^ you are very welcome I hope everyone is in peace and hope nothing but the best for everyone in the family, he will always be remembered for his amazing personality and warm heart.
    “I find fragrance to be such a mood enhancer and definitely a seduction tool.”

Dan is very missed by the community. His legacy will live on through his video reviews long into the future. Wishing you and your family plenty of positive memories.

Quote Originally Posted by judyjentz View Post
    Hello, I am Dan "MyMickers" Mother. I can't tell you how it warms my heart to see all the tributes and good things siad about my son. I love him so much and miss him terribly. I am so very proud of him. Dan was a man with an over extending heart of love. He loved people and he treated them aas if he did. I have a hard time thingking that I will never see again in this world but I find my comfort in my trust, faith, and hope in God's plan. Dan was a very good person. he would not say a bad word against anyone. He loved all his Fumeheads and anyone else he met. You couldn't find a better friend than Dan and I couldn't find a better son.

When he first died it took me so long to realize I could not have him back. That was all my hurt; I wanted my son back but have come to accept that now that it never can be. I htink of him every day. Look at all his pictures around the house. He wrote me a beautiful two page letter and so often I want to read it but I'm afraid to because I know the pain it will cause. It was a beautiful letter. It is the most sincere words of love that a son could write to his Mother, and so beautiful.

I thank all of you for remembering Dan the way yoou do. I have so may memories also but sometimes it's so painful to think of them because I know he won't be back. He's give me a call and see if he could come out and visit me. We don't realize how special those visits are until that person is gone. I'll never get a hug from him in this world. I have on my dining room table a plant he bought me for Mother's Day of 2019 and he siad he got this particular one because I couldn't kill it. I'm no good with plants. I will always treasure this plant. It has a tag hanging from it that says Mom. He thought that was so good; so meaningful. Dan's heart was super big. The love he had for me as his Mother is so beautiful. I cry thinking about it. I miss him so much. i just want him back.
    MadHat Scents

Oud Gulab - Ruh Gulab, Taif Rose, Ambergris, Tobacco and Thai Oud

Sad news. Only have seen one, maybe two of his videos. RIP and hopefully we'll have his videos for future references.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Banned

It is so kind of you for posting this on basenotes. Many of us enjoyed his videos. He was a real character and made me laugh. Thank you for taking the time to post here. All the best.

Dan, was great at splitting scents...one of a kind for sure: may he rest in eternal peace!
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Please take some comfort in knowing that he made a positive impact on the world, and we still enjoy watching his videos. May you find your strength and courage and always remember the good times! God Bless -

Dan”s Mother here again. I wanted to thank you for your kind words.

Do you know that Dan was loved so much at Home Depot where he worked for 14 years and they paid for all but $360. for his funeral expense They also took up a collection for Dan”s son and stepdaughter for Christmas. They raised $2,300. Dollars to be split on Christmas for those two.
    I am so amazed by the kind, thoughtful, and compassionate employees. This to me shows a shining impression of the store as a whole. They must get treated good at the store for their actions are a reflection on upper management. God bless all the people at Home Depot!!

I should add that Dan loved working there also. Often times he would talk to me about his work day and his co-workers in such a positive way

Dependent

I just saw this thread and it made me incredibly sad. I used to watch almost every one of his videos for the last few years. He will be greatly missed.

Blog Entries

Thank you for raising such a great man. Dan left a great impression on all of us.

I should add that Dan loved working there also. Often times he would talk to me about his work day and his co-workers in such a positive way
    I'm sure they spoke of him the same way.

Your son had a gift of making others happy by just being himself.

If only we all could do the same.
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Thank you for that heartfelt message, you raised a wonderful son and he contributed a lot to the fragrance community. Time heals all, and you have many great memories with him.