Code of Conduct
o

Default Best place to sell 65% 120ml bottle of 12J01?

I have a 65-70% full 120ml bottle of Aventus 12J01 I've been hanging onto as I know it's good, but I'm being tempted by new things.

I've never sold a fragrance before, where would be the best place (the sales forum here, eBay, Facebook etc) to do this and roughly what price should I pitch it at?

I'm in the UK so can't send it anywhere else unfortunately (postage rules) and don't fancy the hassle of selling decants.

Thanks!

Default Re: Best place to sell 65% 120ml bottle of 12J01?

sell it on ebay for £1000

good luck!
    Currently wearing: Awake by Akro

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Perhaps try the Sales Forum here first and after a while if you have no luck, you could list it on Ebay.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    sell it on ebay for £1000

good luck!
    I'm not trolling and it is actually a genuine question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rednax View Post
    I'm not trolling and it is actually a genuine question.
    and it's actually a genuine answer, people are asking the earth for their early bottles and are idiots born every minute. if you want to maximise your profits then ebay with a high asking price is the answer.

surely you don't want to hear that 12J01 is considered one of the worst vintage batches and your bottle isn't worth much except to the most hardcore collectors

and it's actually a genuine answer, people are asking the earth for their early bottles and are idiots born every minute. if you want to maximise your profits then ebay with a high asking price is the answer.

surely you don't want to hear that 12J01 is considered one of the worst vintage batches and your bottle isn't worth much except to the most hardcore collectors
    I would really just like to hear what it is realistically worth pricing it at, even if that is not much.

hednic - thanks for answering my other question

Quote Originally Posted by Rednax View Post
    I would really just like to hear what it is realistically worth pricing it at, even if that is not much.

hednic - thanks for answering my other question
    it's very subjective, depends what someone is willing to pay. i wouldn't buy it at all but someone might pay £300, someone else £600. best to aim high especially on ebay with less educated buyers, then you might well get £500+ though there are extra risks with selling on there.

the honest answer is around £5/ml max and imo lower for this particular batch, but then you might be short-changing yourself vs what someone on ebay would pay. if you were to list it here i would start around £350 and see what happens, then drop in increments of £50 if nobody gives a good offer.

it's very subjective, depends what someone is willing to pay. i wouldn't buy it at all but someone might pay £300, someone else £600. best to aim high especially on ebay with less educated buyers, then you might well get £500+ though there are extra risks with selling on there.

the honest answer is around £5/ml max and imo lower for this particular batch, but then you might be short-changing yourself vs what someone on ebay would pay. if you were to list it here i would start around £350 and see what happens, then drop in increments of £50 if nobody gives a good offer.
    That's really helpful, thanks