Code of Conduct
o
    Basenotes Member

Default right formula sheet and dosages

Hello everyone!
    I would like to ask for advice on a long-standing question which, I believe, not only afflicts me; the question is the following: the difficulty in accurately reaching a formula reaching 10/100/1000; I will explain myself better: I have never been able to understand how to use a formula sheet in such a way as to reach the 100 mark well, if someone wants to explain it to me as it could be done to a child I would be grateful! however, the main problem is that when I set out a formula and I start problems with that ingredient that is perhaps too powerful or maybe I don't particularly like it and I find myself frustrated to want to start the same composition again avoiding that or that other ingredient but at some point I say hey! this could be good! and instead I find myself starting again ... probably I'm wrong because I always start with excessive doses (example: iso and super 0.500 grams, coumarine 0.360 grams, tabanon 0.100 etc. going on with this dosage) and this sometimes made me do 15 or 20 grams because I wanted to dampen that note or harmonize another but lengthening the whole much without organization; I hope I explained myself well and would be grateful to extend the discussion that I believe will serve everyone! obviously I am a beginner and I know little about the interactions between the various molecules but this can also be good, you learn by mistake, but I would like to have a little mastery! Thanks to all!

Default Re: right formula sheet and dosages

Quote Originally Posted by Fede Fratti View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I would like to ask for advice on a long-standing question which, I believe, not only afflicts me; the question is the following: the difficulty in accurately reaching a formula reaching 10/100/1000; I will explain myself better: I have never been able to understand how to use a formula sheet in such a way as to reach the 100 mark well, if someone wants to explain it to me as it could be done to a child I would be grateful! however, the main problem is that when I set out a formula and I start problems with that ingredient that is perhaps too powerful or maybe I don't particularly like it and I find myself frustrated to want to start the same composition again avoiding that or that other ingredient but at some point I say hey! this could be good! and instead I find myself starting again ... probably I'm wrong because I always start with excessive doses (example: iso and super 0.500 grams, coumarine 0.360 grams, tabanon 0.100 etc. going on with this dosage) and this sometimes made me do 15 or 20 grams because I wanted to dampen that note or harmonize another but lengthening the whole much without organization; I hope I explained myself well and would be grateful to extend the discussion that I believe will serve everyone! obviously I am a beginner and I know little about the interactions between the various molecules but this can also be good, you learn by mistake, but I would like to have a little mastery! Thanks to all!
    do not think about 100,1000, etc. completely . Make your formula fully satisfying you in the quantities that are necessary for this. Then, using the calculator, (interest calculator google online search) recalculate everything as a percentage. The same quantities (percentage) in grams, kilograms, tons will always give you 100.

Basenotes Junkie

I do not use electronic sheets because I am not capable ..
    But I do a complete step of the perfume, ....
    Then, if something is too much or if something is missing, I double the round with the corrections ...
    And, to save money, I use diluted ingredients.
    At 10% those with normal strength (iso and super, hedione, etc.etc.etc), at 5% the strong ones (alpha irone, ambrox super, coumarin, etc.) and at 1% or less (o, 5% , o, 1%, o, o5%, etc) those very strong (benzaldehyde, damascones, geosmin, cresols, etc .etc.) ...
    After,if necessary,when necessary,I calculate the percentage with calculator (with specific weight etc, but i'm not a producer)...
    my two cents

Basenotes Junkie

Your table may look like this:

* A B
    1 Iso E Super 150
    2 Coumarin 30
    3 Tabanon 5

Modify it a little using the formulas:

* A B C
    1 Iso E Super 150 =1000*B/B$4
    2 Coumarin 30 =1000*B/B$4
    3 Tabanon 5 =1000*B/B$4
    4 Total =Sum(B1:B3) =Sum(C1:C3)

and the numbers in the column C will add up to 1000.

Basenotes Plus

Excel Sheet for Computation.jpg

This is what it looks like with a good Excel sheet
    With any amounts added, they always add up to 100%.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by xii View Post
    Your table may look like this:

* A B
    1 Iso E Super 150
    2 Coumarin 30
    3 Tabanon 5

Modify it a little using the formulas:

* A B C
    1 Iso E Super 150 =1000*B/B$4
    2 Coumarin 30 =1000*B/B$4
    3 Tabanon 5 =1000*B/B$4
    4 Total =Sum(B1:B3) =Sum(C1:C3)

and the numbers in the column C will add up to 1000.
    mmm I apologize, but I think I didn't understand ....

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geco View Post
    I do not use electronic sheets because I am not capable ..
    But I do a complete step of the perfume, ....
    Then, if something is too much or if something is missing, I double the round with the corrections ...
    And, to save money, I use diluted ingredients.
    At 10% those with normal strength (iso and super, hedione, etc.etc.etc), at 5% the strong ones (alpha irone, ambrox super, coumarin, etc.) and at 1% or less (o, 5% , o, 1%, o, o5%, etc) those very strong (benzaldehyde, damascones, geosmin, cresols, etc .etc.) ...
    After,if necessary,when necessary,I calculate the percentage with calculator (with specific weight etc, but i'm not a producer)...
    my two cents
    thank you, ti is interesting, similar ti what I do

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    Excel Sheet for Computation.jpg

This is what it looks like with a good Excel sheet
    With any amounts added, they always add up to 100%.
    this looks very good! but I don't know where to start to make this sheet ... it seems very useful

Basenotes Member

PK excel sheet is really great, Paul what does column new grams stands for ?

thanks for the idea. I will make my own sheet :-)
    Currently wearing: Y by Yves Saint Laurent

Basenotes Member

exact! I'd like to learn more! Paul, would you like to explain it to us? can anyone tell me how to do it? thanks!

so I have been working a few good ours to make this exel file. it is very simple as soon as you get it. and it can help alot.
    the values you would need to put in is the amount of concentration you wish to build your formula with , and your materials, and the dilution you use them.
    go over slowly and understand the numbers. would love to have a feedback.
    this is just an easy thing to make calculations easier
    hope I helped, it sure will help me

https://1drv.ms/x/s!Aomm4t_V_7UG_WAz...5gnoy?e=n8sgjn

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by MiDDeN View Post
    PK excel sheet is really great, Paul what does column new grams stands for ?
    At the bottom of the sheet, there is a red letter box, , in column F, asking you this:
    enter mls of fragrance oil you need to make.

Underneath that box is a black letter box, asking this:
    the gram equivalent of your desired volume.

In that second box, enter the amount of grams you need to make. (for Instance, say you need to make 750g of this formula, for inclusion in something else. Put 750 in that second box. then Excel calculates the amount of each line item from the formula, that you need to make up 750 g of this formulation, and sisplays that amount on each line item, in column F, under New Grams.

Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Fede Fratti View Post
    exact! I'd like to learn more! Paul, would you like to explain it to us? can anyone tell me how to do it? thanks!
    This Excel sheet enters the line item amount in Column B, and then in column C, calculates the percentage of each material, as used in the formula, by it's weight.
    No Matter how many materials are added, every time a line in Column B is changed, the new calculation for % is solved into Column C.

Column G is also constantly calculated, 1/2 of the amount in Column B.
    The Column G 1/2 is very useful, to split the formula in half, by weight, to try a variation. And then you copy the values in column G, replace those in Column B, on another sheet, and this sheet, and then you have two formula sheets from the split formula, and then proceed with your comparative treatments separately.

I hope that helps Fede.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

The sheet as pictured resolves to x.xxg. but you can change the columns to resolve as many places as you can measure. Since I have a new scale, I change to measure x.xxxg.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    The sheet as pictured resolves to x.xxg. but you can change the columns to resolve as many places as you can measure. Since I have a new scale, I change to measure x.xxxg.
    Hi paul. I didnt see you posted a formula calculator.. i would have saved much time if i saw it. But i wonder what would younthink kf what i did.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by refael_sakura View Post
    Hi paul. I didnt see you posted a formula calculator.. i would have saved much time if i saw it. But i wonder what would younthink kf what i did.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I have posted this sheet numerous times.
    Here it is again.
    https://pkperfumes.com/wp-content/up...sed_IFRA2.xltx
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes

Basenotes Member

Wow Paul! Thanks a lot I was not thinking about such an options, it's so handy, the second has an IFRA in the file's name, are You planning to make it compatible with the IFRA restrictions?