Code of Conduct
o

Default Gucci Envy for men

Hello all.

My girlfriend surprised me today with a bottle. She got it at a local small perfume cosmetics shop at a good price. She often gets her cosmetics there and they seem to be legit.

The package is a bit scuffed but the bottle looks good. Batch code would date it as 2008. The print is not raised, I cannot feel it with my fingers. There is a seam in the glass at the top of the bottle, barely noticeable that goes diagonally from the corner.

I sprayed the back of my hand about 90 minutes ago. Having never smelled envy before I can't compare.

I get nutmeg and spices alongside a lavender and florals, sweetened up a touch and a bit creamy. Still projecting well, not beastly or anything but quite pleasant and noticable.

Edit: about 4 hours in, still get some spices, lavender and florals still there, some creamy slightly sweet woods. Still some projection but died down some. I'd like to say that the bottle is legit but I'd still like to see what you all have to say about the bottle.

Let me know what you all think

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by taldavid2; 10th November 2019 at 01:01 PM.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Gucci Envy for men

Looks OK to my eyes.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Looks OK to my eyes.
    Thank you hendic. Appreciate it.

As a longtime owner of several bottles of Envy (more so in the past) this one looks good to me. You’ve described it similarly to what I might say. C’est la vraie chose.

This was my go-to daily frag during the first days of my career after school. It was perfect for the position I had in the arts & cultural industry - it just felt right. And it maintained its place until TdH came along, a very early adopter on that one I was.

Regardless, never in my wildest dreams would I imagine Envy would become the grail it is today. Wow! I wore it with abandon and unsparingly. Now I am down to final mLs. It’s funny because at the time, while I believed I was properly appreciating it, I just never gave thought to the idea that it wouldn’t be there forever. It was my first lesson in appreciating the place and time of a good fragrance, and it served as a reminder in this hobby that things don’t always last forever (reformulations, discontinuation). In fact, I suppose it was my first real lesson.

Did I take it for granted? - yeah, I guess I did.

Congratulations and enjoy!

I love that stuff! It strikes a chord within me. Such a shame it was discontinued. I'm glad to have a 100 ml backup bottle and a large collection, otherwise I'd go insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidsenses View Post
    As a longtime owner of several bottles of Envy (more so in the past) this one looks good to me. You’ve described it similarly to what I might say. C’est la vraie chose.

This was my go-to daily frag during the first days of my career after school. It was perfect for the position I had in the arts & cultural industry - it just felt right. And it maintained its place until TdH came along, a very early adopter on that one I was.

Regardless, never in my wildest dreams would I imagine Envy would become the grail it is today. Wow! I wore it with abandon and unsparingly. Now I am down to final mLs. It’s funny because at the time, while I believed I was properly appreciating it, I just never gave thought to the idea that it wouldn’t be there forever. It was my first lesson in appreciating the place and time of a good fragrance, and it served as a reminder in this hobby that things don’t always last forever (reformulations, discontinuation). In fact, I suppose it was my first real lesson.

Did I take it for granted? - yeah, I guess I did.

Congratulations and enjoy!
    Thanks for the reply. I'm glad I've got a bottle. I like it more than I had expected to initially. In fact I went by the shop my girlfriend picked it up from and they had one more 50ml bottle that I grabbed. I can safely say that I will be enjoying this one for quite a while.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    I love that stuff! It strikes a chord within me. Such a shame it was discontinued. I'm glad to have a 100 ml backup bottle and a large collection, otherwise I'd go insane.
    It is a shame. It's quite unique in what it does. I am quite glad to add this one into my rotation and I am enjoying it quite a bit. I managed to head back to the shop my girlfriend got it from and bought the one other 50ml they had. Quite a lucky streak I've had and will happily enjoy the scent for many years to come.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.