Code of Conduct
o

Default What lotion do you use?

I wear Kiehls Creme De Corps. Itís the best lotion I have ever used. Itís thick and moisturizing, smells great but doesnít overpower or interfere with the smell of my fragrance, isnít very expensive and doesnít break my skin out. I simply love it

So, whatís everyone else use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Default Re: What lotion do you use?

I use Aveeno unscented Moisturizing Lotion
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I use Aveeno unscented Moisturizing Lotion
    I actually use to use Aveeno or Lubriderm years ago. Both are also nice

I now use Lubriderm as they're quite cheap at Costco or Sam's Club and has minimal fragrance so as not to interfere.

The Kiehls is at my gym, so I use it after a shower there.

At home, it varies. Currently using Cerave. La Roche Posay Lipikar is also one I use a lot.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by City74 View Post
    I actually use to use Aveeno or Lubriderm years ago. Both are also nice
    Those are the two I currently use. And Gold Bond.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

Basenotes Junkie

I love Creme de Corps. Super hydrating and basically unscented so it doesn't mess with fragrance application. I usually put it on 5-10 minutes after I shower and 5-10 minutes before I put on fragrance for the day. I've also used Aveeno unscented which is nice and Cetaphil, but I HATE the way the Cetaphil feels on skin so I only use it if there's nothing else around.

I am confused by this thread.

Where is this mositurising lotion being applied?
    Regards,
    Renato

Without a specific being made, I assume just regular lotion. Body lotion.

- - - Updated - - -

Or lotion of any sort? It doesn't specify, so hey, feel free to list them all.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

Mostly but not exclusively the ones by Laboratoires Garnier, Nivea, the unscented but occasionally also the scented ones by Dove, also by Yves Rocher, l'Occitane (almost irrespective of the product lines by the latter two brands)
    Currently wearing: Habit Rouge by Guerlain

I have been keeping a collection of essential oils for a long time now, mixing them variously for both facial and body moisturizers. However, for a body moisturizer I leave the (more) scented stuff out. Any defaults such as ďYou must have good genes!Ē aside, I have regularly received complements on my soft skin and overall composition. I feel itís 100% related to my regimen. Plus this is high-quality and relatively inexpensive.

For the body this is what I generally mix:

- 7 parts jojoba oil
    - 1.5 parts almond oil
    - 1 part grape seed oil
    - 0.5 parts vitamin E oil
    I use 14,000 IU, you can go higher but it gets stickier as you increase

These are non-comedogenic (does not clog pores). Use organic if you can. Purchased in larger quantities and on sale saves a lot of money.

Use a round glass (obviously) bottle. Twist top only, no droppers. Add the smaller parts first and finish with the jojoba oil falling on top. Do not shake!. Mix by cupping bottle in both hands and twisting the bottle gentle, back and forth, while it is upright. Itís ready for use. Do not store in open area/counter - leave in cabinet or below sink.

The only one here that really adds a scent is the almond oil as the others are pretty much scentless. If this worries you and/or you feel might completely interfere with your intended fragrance that day then leave this ingredient out - no harm done. **However, as youíll witness anyway, the oil is absorbed quickly by the body and the scent dissipates.** Grape seed oil is only very slightly nutty and sweet but this barely lasts. Itís emollient properties make it worth it. Careful with vitamin E, however; this one is thicker and must be kept in the smallest ratio.

Apply immediately after towel-down in the shower. Pour a small amount into on hand, then rub both hands vigorously together in a circular pattern to warm and thin the oil. Apply all over with strong, pressing strokes.

Again, the absorption rate is fast, especially if your skin is hot and moist. Honestly, within a few minutes 80% is absorbed, within 10-15 itís 100% absorbed. And for those worrying about the almond oil element this is not a pure essential oil anyway. Itís light and airy. And its ability to carry and broadcast itís inherent scent is nullified within 15 minutes. But your fragrance will now have a good base.

After 15-20 minutes you can reach for your SOTD. Clothes on (or not). This stuff should be fully absorbed. Possibly much quicker depending on skin type.

Pro hint: For Summer or wearing with a short-sleeved shirt/t-shirt - MEN, add extra to the forearms. Used over time the combination of your morning oil massage routine (using strength to mix it in) results in a soft, smoothed out composition. People love a healthy forearm!

Bonus: If a little added scent does not bother you/clash with your fragrances, then barbershop boys should add 12-20 drops Lavender, incense lovers should add 5-10 drops Myrrh, woodsmen should add 10-15 drops Sandalwood, florists should add 5-10 drops Rose (get the real thing, yes itís expensive $$$ but donít be fooled by the usual stuff that passes for it!), and citrus lovers can add 5 drops of Bergamot or 5 drops of Lemon/Orange oil . . . **However, if used in the sun be super careful with lemon/orange oil as they are photosensitive! They are should only be used in small drop numbers as to give a slight impression, not to really augment, as you donít want to create sensitivity, or even discolouration in some cases.

Over time youíll enjoy the skin health benefits. Youíll even begin to become familiar with the ingredients and add/change things to suit your skin and/or intended scent profile. But the benefits to fragrance users is immediate.

Plain organic sesame seed oil, Aveeno unscented lotion, or La Roche Posay Lipikar.

I use CeraVe lotion.

I use CeraVe unscented lotion, works great..

Sillage Monster

Lubriderm lotion
    Note to self: Choose being kind over being right, and youíll be right every time.