Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 19 of 19
o
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    The City of Angels, CA
    Posts
    26

    Default Introduction and Question

    Hello Basenotes,

    It is my pleasure to introduce myself to you all, I've been lurking for several months and have noticed what a pleasant and knowledgable community we have here. I've been collecting fragrance myself for quite a while, approximately the early 1980's, and you'll all be able to see my collection once I establish my wardrobe in my profile settings. While I have a relatively small collection in comparison to some of the more prolific Basenoters, I'm very happy with it at the moment and believe they are the finest fragrances I've encountered. But there's still so much to learn, and that's why I'm here. I realize my casual interest pales in comparison to the vast depth of knowledge some our experienced members possess. Therefore I humbly, and gratefully, introduce myself to the rest of you, with hopes of having a long and fruitful membership here on Basenotes. Despite my rather long tenure in the fragrance hobby, if you want to call it that, I still consider myself "Just Starting Out" pertaining to my online experience and position relative to other members who I've been discreetly observing before finally creating an account with the intention to actively participate.

    As the title of this thread indicates, I have a question:

    I don't wish to clog up my threads with numerous replies, one after the other to individual members, but instead I would like to be able to reply to everyone who has answered me in one large...SWOOP, if you will. I've noticed that some of the veterans are able to reply to multiple members at once, quoting their replies while simultaneously responding to them in one, large, grander reply. Forgive me if my description is confusing, I'm not quite sure how to explain it really. I would like to reply to multiple people at once. That, I suppose, is the most concise way to put it. My question is:

    How do I do this?

    Please inform me, and although it's quite embarrassing that my first post regards a rather basic technical issue, I will practice the advice to my query when I respond in turn. Be patient please, as I would like there to be at least three responses before I reply, in which case I can practice responding to multiple replies simultaneously....which is the entire point of my question.

    Thank you all in advance. I'm looking forward to a great time here at Basenotes.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Introduction and Question

    Welcome to Basenotes Youwishyouhadone.

    When you wish to reply to multiple users at once go to the bottom of the first post you would like to respond to.

    Then next to where it says reply with quote there is a button that looks like a speech bubble with a quotation mark like this “+

    Hit this and this button will turn to a small tick.
    Repeat this process with as many post as you wish and on the final response hit the Reply With Quote button.

    Then type what you want to say.

    Sheik Yerbouti
    A few favourites

    Bois du Portugal by Creed
    Aventus by Creed
    Jubilation Man by Amouage
    Mousse Illuminee by Rogue Perfumery
    Incident Diplomatique by Jovoy
    Patchouli Nobile by Nobile 1942
    Pour Monsieur EdT by Chanel
    Eau Sauvage (vtg) by Christian Dior
    Eucris EdP by GF Trumper
    Polo (Cosmair) by Ralph Lauren
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

  3. #3
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    298,221

    Default Re: Introduction and Question

    Welcome to you YouWishYouHadOne! Enjoy your time here at Basenotes! Everything you need is above ^^^^
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  4. #4
    Wearing Perfume Right Now
    Bavard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    527

    Default Re: Introduction and Question

    Third response, as requested for multi-quoting practice.

    It's nice to read your intro. I'm curious to hear more about your perfumes and your experiences with them.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    The City of Angels, CA
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Introduction and Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
    Welcome to Basenotes Youwishyouhadone.

    When you wish to reply to multiple users at once go to the bottom of the first post you would like to respond to.

    Then next to where it says reply with quote there is a button that looks like a speech bubble with a quotation mark like this “+

    Hit this and this button will turn to a small tick.
    Repeat this process with as many post as you wish and on the final response hit the Reply With Quote button.

    Then type what you want to say.

    Sheik Yerbouti
    Thank you for the detailed, thoughtful, and informative reply, as well as the warm welcome, Sheik Yerbouti. Though I've yet to finalize my response, I believe your instructions are sound, and appear to be working so far!

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Welcome to you YouWishYouHadOne! Enjoy your time here at Basenotes! Everything you need is above ^^^^
    Indeed I will! Thank you very much, hednic. Your warm welcome is quite appreciated.

    I'm rather pleased with these smiley faces that we can insert as well. I find our tones and dispositions may often be misconstrued while communicating electronically, therefore it's advisable now and then to add and emoticon for clarification and reinforcement. So to you I add a and a sincere

    Well, as they during moments of anticipation....Here goes nothing! (Fingers crossed as I hope this works )

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    The City of Angels, CA
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Introduction and Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Third response, as requested for multi-quoting practice.

    It's nice to read your intro. I'm curious to hear more about your perfumes and your experiences with them.
    Oh Bavard... a moment too late! I apologize, perhaps I was hasty, eager to reply and try out my new trick! And now I feel a bit

    Nonetheless I appreciate your contribution and thank you for participating. This response will have to suffice with a simple, "Reply With Quote."

  7. #7
    Basenotes Institution
    sjg3839's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    43,205

    Default Re: Introduction and Question

    Welcome aboard!
    <div class="bnsotd"><b>Currently wearing:</b> <a href="ID26148387.html"><img src="http://www.basenotes.net/photos/products/33/26148387-7393.jpg"> Carven L'Eau Intense by Carven</a></div>

  8. #8

    Default Re: Introduction and Question

    You’re most welcome
    A few favourites

    Bois du Portugal by Creed
    Aventus by Creed
    Jubilation Man by Amouage
    Mousse Illuminee by Rogue Perfumery
    Incident Diplomatique by Jovoy
    Patchouli Nobile by Nobile 1942
    Pour Monsieur EdT by Chanel
    Eau Sauvage (vtg) by Christian Dior
    Eucris EdP by GF Trumper
    Polo (Cosmair) by Ralph Lauren
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    The City of Angels, CA
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Introduction and Question

    Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Welcome aboard!
    Thank you kindly, I think your avatar is wonderful. I was quite a fan of Superman as a boy, I had the red boots and cape and I even constructed a small "phonebooth" in my playroom (though it was really just a vacuum cleaner box with a hole cut in it for a door and a toy phone taped to the inside).

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
    You’re most welcome
    It appears your instructions worked! This is working out quite well!

  10. #10
    Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    NW US
    Posts
    3,414

    Default Re: Introduction and Question

    Your writing style is familiar, YWYHO. I'm sure you've been here before, and quite recently.
    It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--Antoine de Saint-Exupery.


    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

  11. #11
    Sillage Monster
    Trilby Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,616

    Default Re: Introduction and Question

    Quote Originally Posted by foxbins View Post
    Your writing style is familiar, YWYHO. I'm sure you've been here before, and quite recently.
    Popcorn is in the microwave in anticipation.
    Note to self: Choose being kind over being right, and you’ll be right every time.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    The City of Angels, CA
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Introduction and Question

    Quote Originally Posted by foxbins View Post
    Your writing style is familiar, YWYHO. I'm sure you've been here before, and quite recently.
    I assure you this is indeed my first foray into the Basenotes community. Perhaps there are others like me, but as you will see, there is only one, YouWishYouHadOne.


    Thank you all for your technical advice. I'm off to establish my wardrobe in my profile settings. This should be fun!

  13. #13
    Basenotes Plus

    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    East of Eden
    Posts
    5,715

    Default Re: Introduction and Question

    Quote Originally Posted by foxbins View Post
    Your writing style is familiar, YWYHO. I'm sure you've been here before, and quite recently.
    Oooo, a mystery!

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    The City of Angels, CA
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Introduction and Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Oooo, a mystery!
    There is no mystery and I would appreciate if the skepticism and general uncertainty pertaining to my origin were put to rest. This is my first post, an introductory measure I initiated to establish amicable relations with the other members of this forum, and it is founded upon honesty and sincere enthusiasm. I suppose time will tell...

    It's unfortunate we live in an era where identities are so easily concealed and fabricated that we can no longer trust our fellow fragrance enthusiasts, or a new member who attempts to have a civil discussion within the forum. But I don't wish to sound defensive, your skepticism is understood and as I said, time will tell.

    You may be interested to know my wardrobe has been created, at least halfway. It's slightly monotonous work adding fragrances to one's wardrobe so I'll complete the rest at a later time. I think I have 16 as of now, which is about half of what I own. Though I've been collecting since the early 1980's I try to keep my collection from becoming too large. Except for a short time around 2005 when I went overboard in my quest for the perfect wardrobe and owned approximately 62 fragrances, I haven't had more than 35 at any one time.

    Thank you all for responding again. This has been a nice introduction to the forum!

  15. #15
    Wearing Perfume Right Now
    Bavard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    527

    Default Re: Introduction and Question

    Quote Originally Posted by YouWishYouHadOne View Post
    You may be interested to know my wardrobe has been created, at least halfway. It's slightly monotonous work adding fragrances to one's wardrobe so I'll complete the rest at a later time. I think I have 16 as of now, which is about half of what I own. Though I've been collecting since the early 1980's I try to keep my collection from becoming too large. Except for a short time around 2005 when I went overboard in my quest for the perfect wardrobe and owned approximately 62 fragrances, I haven't had more than 35 at any one time.
    Some classics. A couple wild cards. I like it.

    Armani Eau pour Homme (1984)
    Giorgio Armani
    Balenciaga pour Homme (1990)
    Balenciaga
    Bel Ami (1986)
    Hermès
    Cristobal pour Homme (2000)
    Balenciaga
    Eau Sauvage (1966)
    Christian Dior
    Équipage (1970)
    Hermès
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Christian Dior
    Habit Rouge (1965)
    Guerlain
    Héritage Eau de Toilette (1992)
    Guerlain
    Jules (1980)
    Christian Dior
    Kouros (1981)
    Yves Saint Laurent
    Paco Rabanne Pour Homme (1973)
    Paco Rabanne
    Paris Hilton for Men (2005)
    Paris Hilton
    Patou pour Homme Privé (1994)
    Jean Patou
    Terre d'Hermès (2006)
    Hermès
    Tiffany for Men (1989)
    Tiffany

  16. #16

    Default Re: Introduction and Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
    Welcome to Basenotes Youwishyouhadone.

    When you wish to reply to multiple users at once go to the bottom of the first post you would like to respond to.

    Then next to where it says reply with quote there is a button that looks like a speech bubble with a quotation mark like this “+

    Hit this and this button will turn to a small tick.
    Repeat this process with as many post as you wish and on the final response hit the Reply With Quote button.

    Then type what you want to say.

    Sheik Yerbouti
    It didn't work.
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

  17. #17

    Default Re: Introduction and Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
    You’re most welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by foxbins View Post
    Your writing style is familiar, YWYHO. I'm sure you've been here before, and quite recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Oooo, a mystery!
    Quote Originally Posted by YouWishYouHadOne View Post
    There is no mystery and I would appreciate if the skepticism and general uncertainty pertaining to my origin were put to rest. This is my first post, an introductory measure I initiated to establish amicable relations with the other members of this forum, and it is founded upon honesty and sincere enthusiasm. I suppose time will tell...

    It's unfortunate we live in an era where identities are so easily concealed and fabricated that we can no longer trust our fellow fragrance enthusiasts, or a new member who attempts to have a civil discussion within the forum. But I don't wish to sound defensive, your skepticism is understood and as I said, time will tell.

    You may be interested to know my wardrobe has been created, at least halfway. It's slightly monotonous work adding fragrances to one's wardrobe so I'll complete the rest at a later time. I think I have 16 as of now, which is about half of what I own. Though I've been collecting since the early 1980's I try to keep my collection from becoming too large. Except for a short time around 2005 when I went overboard in my quest for the perfect wardrobe and owned approximately 62 fragrances, I haven't had more than 35 at any one time.

    Thank you all for responding again. This has been a nice introduction to the forum!
    Oh, I get it now. I've been trying to figure this out for years.
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    The City of Angels, CA
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Introduction and Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilpha View Post
    It didn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilpha View Post
    Oh, I get it now. I've been trying to figure this out for years.

    Wonderful! So glad I could help you out in the process, although all of the gratitude really belongs to Sheik Yerbouti and his succinct explanation. By the way, your forum signature is quite funny, a very snappy and apropos comeback for the occasional snide remark made toward a woman wearing too much perfume.

    I'll have to pass it on to my granddaughter!

  19. #19
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    8,114
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Introduction and Question

    I wish I had a few actually, but it's not 5 o'clock yet, so I'll settle for coffee.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Avon for Men by Avon




Similar Threads

  1. An Introduction And A Question!
    By Azurial in forum Fragrance DIY
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 23rd November 2016, 10:30 PM
  2. Introduction and question about weak projection
    By Aerilith in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 22nd November 2016, 06:14 AM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 23rd February 2014, 08:38 PM
  4. Introduction and question
    By akamogreen in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14th March 2011, 01:22 AM
  5. Praising, introduction and a question
    By vinterdroppe in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30th August 2005, 12:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000