Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
o

Default Re: Room spray with 3 ingredients

You can try Augeo Clean Multi, but that is probably more of a replacement for the DPM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pears View Post
    You can try Augeo Clean Multi, but that is probably more of a replacement for the DPM.
    Yes I also read that. But I can get the DPM, that's why I'm looking for an alternative to the TPM.

You can try adding a little Isopar M (see here) but you'll need to check the solubility with the DPM and fragrance.

Speaking of the fragrance, it should ideally be free from any carriers that may leave residues behind. You may be able to get away with some DPG, providing that the other components thin it sufficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Pears View Post
    You can try adding a little Isopar M (see here) but you'll need to check the solubility with the DPM and fragrance.

Speaking of the fragrance, it should ideally be free from any carriers that may leave residues behind. You may be able to get away with some DPG, providing that the other components thin it sufficiently.
    Have you tried this combination yourself?

No, that's why you'll need to try it for yourself. David Ruskin recommended Isopar M for some fragrances but he is no longer active so you can't ask him for further clarification. The volatility of Isopar M is similar to that of TPM, but it's less polar so you will need to test how well it blends with the DPM and fragrance.

I finally found a supplier for TPM and DPM. I do read on some topics that some people put Isopar in the Reed difussers. Is this really necessary and what is the possible added value of it?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyScents View Post
    I finally found a supplier for TPM and DPM. I do read on some topics that some people put Isopar in the Reed difussers. Is this really necessary and what is the possible added value of it?
    This might be helpful:
    https://ecolink.com/info/isopar-m-in...-applications/

Quote Originally Posted by DanaB View Post
    I have read the article and I conclude from this that the Isopar M ensures that the TPM and DPM mix better. Is this correct?

They key take-aways I think are that isopars are solvents -- they make things more fluid + are generally odorless + have desirable evaporation rates. I have never used them but solvent can certainly mean mixing properties. Best to call a supplier/manufacturer and ask them.

They key take-aways I think are that isopars are solvents -- they make things more fluid + are generally odorless + have desirable evaporation rates. I have never used them but solvent can certainly mean mixing properties. Best to call a supplier/manufacturer and ask them.
    Do you only use the TPM and DPM mix?

Do you only use the TPM and DPM mix?
    I personally don't make or use room sprays. So.... I wouldn't know the best formula.

I personally don't make or use room sprays. So.... I wouldn't know the best formula.
    No I mean for Reed Diffusers. I want to use TPM and DPM for that.

I've used the Augeo Clean Multi with very good results (for my own use) -- I've never tried TPM DPM.

I've used the Augeo Clean Multi with very good results (for my own use) -- I've never tried TPM DPM.
    I tried the Augeo, but I am not satisfied with it. You don't smell the scent throughout the room. That's why I want to try the DPM and TPM.

I tried the Augeo, but I am not satisfied with it. You don't smell the scent throughout the room. That's why I want to try the DPM and TPM.
    In the same way that certain perfumes wear 'close to the skin', reed diffusers wear 'close to the space' they are in. They aren't really capable of nor meant to flood a room with fragrance. For example, a single reed diffuser can scent a small bathroom fairly well, but not a living room. In larger rooms you will only catch the scent as you walk by or are sitting in close proximity. Ergo, in larger rooms you would need to use several reed diffusers strategically placed.

That being said, I once did an experiment with a fragrance I bought for my cold air nebulizer-- very concentrated fragrance designed only for use in the nebulizer. I put some in a reed diffuser bottle and put the sticks in. After about an hour the fragrance did indeed fill the room and then made its way to other rooms. I have no idea what's in that fragrance that made it drift everywhere!

Anyway, try the DPM and TPM and see what you get.

Yes i am curious. The supplier currently does not have the products in stock. So I have to be patient before I can try.