Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
o

Default Re: Would you wear Dior Homme or Dior Homme Intense on a first date?

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Wear whatever makes you feel good go light on the trigger and stop seeking approval. Enjoy your date.
    This is it.

Basenotes Junkie

If you like them, wear either. Just keep the application minimal.

No, but then again I don't like either of these.
    Current top 5 Fragrances

1. Royal Vintage by M. Micallef
    2. Bois Du Portugal by Creed
    3. Vespero by Jeroboam
    4. Masculin Pluriel by MFK
    5. Nobile by Gucci

"It ain't about how hard you hit:It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. It's about how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky Balboa
    Currently wearing: Vespero by Jeroboam

DHI with, as you said, one shot to the neck/chest at least an hour before the date.
    Currently wearing: Confetto by Profumum

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by crashtestbrummie View Post
    So you have the perspective of the prey and not the hunter, eh?

What do you mean by trying hard? I'd never consider DH an obvious or try-hard scent. I could see how some people might say that about DHI. But they would be wrong, of course!
    When you’re overthinking your wardrobe/approach for a date that you had to seek opinions on the internet, that in my books qualifies as ‘trying too hard’. Good jibe lol but I’m not offering the perspective of a ‘prey’ for I have never felt like one in relationships. It’s a pretty screwed up way to look at dates IMO. I’m just someone comfortable in my own skin that I don’t even had to the ‘hunting’. I’m more of a ‘trapper’ lol. But I know guys who enjoy the pursuit and pull all kinds of moves. I’m aware of the tricks of pickup artist ‘trade’ and given the chance, can spot when they’re in play. I’m just not interested in becoming one of them. And believe me, fragrance is not among their ‘tools’. At least not in the way most guys think.
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

You should be fine wearing either one. I would probably go with Dior homme.
    Currently wearing: Chergui by Serge Lutens

It seems like advice can either go in the direction of commenting on the appropriateness of Dior Homme/Intense for a date or on the philosophy of fragrance and dating, most often mixing both.

I had a bottle of DHI when I was 26 that I dearly loved. My only advice is to wear what you like to wear and what you love because there's no point in crafting some plan at a later point to introduce a scent on your body that you were too shy or uncertain to wear in the first place. Secondly, make sure you wear it on your 2nd and 3rd dates and so forth. The person I'm seeing now doesn't know she's been smelling Oud Ispahan but she comments on "my smell" whenever she nuzzles closely. That's unlikely to happen if you keep switching up your fragrances.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Come on, either one works. It isn't that important in the larger scheme of things, and wouldn't make or break a date, unless you empty out the bottle.

If there is chemistry: no matter what you wear.
    So enjoy and be comfortable with whatever your choice.
    Best,
    BruceB

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    Come on, either one works. It isn't that important in the larger scheme of things, and wouldn't make or break a date
    Well said. Personality and chemistry matters.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Smell Good, Feel Good

I'd go with the Dior Homme. Don't overspray, be confident!
    "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread
    Currently wearing: The Dreamer by Versace

Dior Homme Intense is by far my most complimented perfume.
    Not that I care too much about this, but it's a fact.
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

Did Jake go on the date and what did he wear? Enquiring minds want to know
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan
    Currently wearing: Vintage by John Varvatos

Quote Originally Posted by Emanuel76 View Post
    Dior Homme Intense is by far my most complimented perfume.
    Not that I care too much about this, but it's a fact.
    Same here, and the compliments come from both women and men and are generally pretty effusive.

Quote Originally Posted by jakehere1980 View Post
    I have a first date lined up and I am wondering if it's a good choice to wear a single spray on the neck of Dior Homme or Dior Homme Intense.
    I think it is! I even recommend it

Trick question, you save your money and put it towards another bottle.

Also some hilarious replies in here from posters trying to brag about their alleged interactions with women and later referring to themselves as trappers....creeeeepy
    My top 30

1. Gucci Envy / D&G By Man
    2. Amber Sky /Cedrat Boise
    3. Costarela / TFK Arab Spring
    4. Dior Homme Intense / Incense Oud
    5. Dior Homme Cologne / Chez Bond
    6. Layton / Aventus
    7. Antidote / By the Fireplace
    8. Gucci Pour Homme / Armani Attitude
    9. Black Phantom / Baccarat Rouge 540
    10. D&G The One EDP / M7
    11. Santal Majuscule / Reckless
    12. Diadema / Prada L’Homme
    13. Habdan / Tuxedo
    14. Lira / Dior Homme Sport 2012
    15. Citric Santa Eulalia / Clive X

Intense

I would go with DH. But after reading about the “trying too hard” perspective, well, I don’t know. Maybe I would just go easier on the sprays. Never thought on that perspective. I just think: “This is nice and I’m in the mood for for it.” A bit selfish, I know.

I would honestly wear either one. My choice between the two is Intense, but I would still be just as happy to wear regular Homme.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Quote Originally Posted by jakehere1980 View Post
    I have a first date lined up and I am wondering if it's a good choice to wear a single spray on the neck of Dior Homme or Dior Homme Intense.
    I don't see any problem..... You will go right with only one spray on the neck. Less is more...