Code of Conduct
o

Default Azemour lost more than its luster

Have you tried the exceptional banality of the new Azemour? It smells good enough, but it feels like they yanked the heart out and replaced it with the ghost of Eau Sauvage. No edge, no substance, just a banal citrus chypre of little consequence. Marc-Antoine Corticchiato and Parfums d'Empire should go ruin some perfumes that weren't interesting in the first place.
    Last edited by pluran; 18th November 2019 at 04:49 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Azemour lost more than its luster

Whoa! No experience with this one that I can recall. Not sure it's needed now.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

Basenotes Plus

Chypres typically get the royal end of the shaft. More so than fougeres IMO. There were fears of reformulations following the latest repackaging. I guess those fears weren’t unfounded.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 14th November 2019 at 03:57 PM.
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Have you tried the exceptional banality of the new Azemour? It smells good enough, but it feels like they yanked the heart out and replaced it with the ghost of Eau Sauvage. No edge, no substance, just a banal citrus chypre of little consequence. Yes, I like Eau Sauvage, but I didn't want it in my Azemour.
    Noooooooo! When they announced new packaging, I wondered whether I should get backups so I didn't wind up kicking myself later, like I did with Chanel's Sycomore reformulation. If they've ruined Corsica Furiosa and Iskander I'm going to be super bummed.

Marc-Antoine Corticchiato and Parfums d'Empire should go ruin some perfumes that weren't interesting in the first place.
    Just last night I happened to read the Tania Sanchez review you swiped that line from -- her griping in The Guide about Richard Fraysse and Tabac Blond.

Sad to hear this-it was one of the few leftover citrus chypres. Oh well...

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Sorry to hear so. Though, I never clicked with the older Azemour; nice fragrance, just not my style. I'm glad I was able to sell it to a BN friend who (I think) appreciates it much more than I do.

That sucks! I have the original. I'm running low and was thinking about buying a back up. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Chypres typically get the royal end of the shaft....
    That's for sure, but there's a lot to that fragrance. Seems like they could have gotten more out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Noooooooo! When they announced new packaging, I wondered whether I should get backups so I didn't wind up kicking myself later, like I did with Chanel's Sycomore reformulation. If they've ruined Corsica Furiosa and Iskander I'm going to be super bummed.

Just last night I happened to read the Tania Sanchez review you swiped that line from -- her griping in The Guide about Richard Fraysse and Tabac Blond.
    I wondered why it took so long to get it back in stock. They said it had something to do with the bottles. I figured it was because they couldn't get the fragrance they wanted.

Always makes it easier. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    That sucks! I have the original. I'm running low and was thinking about buying a back up. Thanks for the heads up.

Decent, but boring, and more of an EDC than EDT. Maybe other people will find it more satisfying.

-
    Last edited by pluran; 14th November 2019 at 10:35 PM.

I just received new bottles of Ambre Russe and Corsica Furiosa. The Ambre Russe definitely smells thinner and less rich. I’m afraid to try the Corsica Furiosa now.

Cook.bot, get over to Beautyhabit.com right away, they still have the 100ml Iskander in stock, 20% off thru Sunday 11/17 with code BHFF20.

Basenotes Member

Thank you. I was worried this would happen to Ambre Russe

Quote Originally Posted by cazaubon View Post
    I just received new bottles of Ambre Russe and Corsica Furiosa. The Ambre Russe definitely smells thinner and less rich. I’m afraid to try the Corsica Furiosa now.

Cook.bot, get over to Beautyhabit.com right away, they still have the 100ml Iskander in stock, 20% off thru Sunday 11/17 with code BHFF20.

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

That's unfortunate. One of the most interesting mossy citrus numbers I've ever tried. A nice median between old-school and new-school. Rewarding from top to bottom. I love how it wears in the summer and in cold weather.

I assume you're referring to the new new Azemour, like what just got restocked to LuckyScent? I have a 12ml travel spray of 2015 or 2016 Azemour, then a 50ml that is older, the original style presentation with the flared, curved cap. There's some noticeable differences between them but I think they're both fantastic. I smelled the newer before the older. The older bottle is a bit darker/less fresh up top, the newer stuff seems somehow drier, not at all in a bad way. I love how it manages to meld green & leafy, juicy citrus, dry mossy/chypre citrus, and a handful of other unexpected spicy and earthy elements.

I'm kind of curious now, maybe time for a 2019 sample to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    I'm glad I was able to sell it to a BN friend who (I think) appreciates it much more than I do.
    Oh, does he ever. Easily one of the best pickups this year. I'd say 80% of the time I buy something, at some point in the back of my head there's the thought "you might sell it eventually". That never even crossed my mind and would be surprised if it ever did.

Ambre Russe too? What a shame.
    Currently wearing: Sir Winston by Bortnikoff

Happy I got my bottle of Azemour early, and it should last me. The original creation is special work. Unfortunately, it seems that the extra special perfumes are so vulnerable to a FxxX Up by: change in supplier, reformulation by regulation, harvest quality of the naturals, or just bad craftsmanship. Sorry to hear of it!
    december line up: z zegna milan • scent one hinoki • le labo baie 19 • le labo th้ noir 29 • moth and rabbit la haine • heretic blood cedar • bvlgari man dark orient • madras cardamom • phuong dang artist • hermes osmanthe yunnan • boadicea the victorious imperial • olibanum profumum • fahrenheit parfum • dusita issara • papyrus oud/71 • oud alif • sahraa oud • mfk oud extrait • baccarat rouge 540 extrait

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cazaubon View Post

Whoa! I saw this post just in time, 3 hours before the deadline!

Thank you so much, Caz -- I got a 100ml of the old bottle for $128 flat. (The new 50ml bottles they have are $110.)

So happy!

Quote Originally Posted by IsoESuperman View Post
    ....I assume you're referring to the new new Azemour, like what just got restocked to LuckyScent?...
    Iso,

Yes. I asked a few places if they had any old tester bottles. None of them did.

Please try it and report back.