Code of Conduct
o

Default Aramis Devin Country cologne then and now

Wassup guys, Drjones152 had to change cause of broken phone, started over with drjones154...so just received an older bottle of Devin country cologneIMG_20191113_174254.jpg
    The appearance is beautiful that dark juice I love it.now n smell , it's not much differ at all I think ..the only differ is longtivity I believe . But I love it, it lastlong ,what u guys think
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Aramis Devin Country cologne then and now

I haven't tried the latest. I do know that the 2008-ish version was pretty close to the 80's version.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Perry Ellis by Perry Ellis

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

This one never clicked with me.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Thanks for reporting. Confirms that Aramis has taken care of their fragrances. I have this and enjoy it from time to time
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator
    Currently wearing: Amber Aoud by Roja Dove

I recently sampled the latest (never tried any other versions), and found it very green, stemmy, florist shop smell. Longevity was good.

What occasions call for wearing Devin ? I couldn't think of any not covered by frags I already own, including Tuscany.
    When do you wear it ?
    January to Candlemas - cold, pale and dark : CdG Zagorsk; PradaInfusion d'Iris; L.T Piver Heliotrope Blanc; Etro Heliotrope and Vetiver; Gucci Guilty Absolute pH; Jacomo Jacomo de Jacomo; Lalique Encre Noire.
    Sampling Papillon Angelique; Tom Daxon Iridium; Rundholz Feb 14, 1912, Andy Tauer Lonesome Rider; Penhaligon's Sartorial; Tom Ford Ombre Leather.
    Currently wearing: Elixir by Penhaligon's

Quote Originally Posted by incense+heliotrope View Post
    I recently sampled the latest (never tried any other versions), and found it very green, stemmy, florist shop smell. Longevity was good.

What occasions call for wearing Devin ? I couldn't think of any not covered by frags I already own, including Tuscany.
    When do you wear it ?
    I would wear it on cloudy day , just to run errands nothing special , I've also wore to work more then one occasion, a woman I work with loves it when I wear it..wouldn't wear it for a first date , or maybe u can depends how ufeel aboutit

Quote Originally Posted by incense+heliotrope View Post

When do you wear it ?
    I own tuscony myself ,I don't know what to like better , Azzaro pH or Tuscony per umo.? I like em both equally ,but tuscony seems to just to perform better ,

Funny thing these Aramis scents. I wore Devin back in the day, and Tuscany, and JHL and New West. Devin was always that Scottish pine type of scent. Very bracing, very manly, very outdoorsy almost lumberjack type of scent. But with many colognes I wore back in the early 80's, what I remember smelling and how I perceive it now, I just can not bring myself to like them. The first Calvin Klein, the first Oscar de Laurent Loi, Halson Z-14 and I-12.

The new interpretation is pretty good considering that this was once an oakmoss-centric fragrance. Without the oakmoss, it just doesn't have the same depth and longevity.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for sharing DrJones. I like the look of the old bottle (big!). I still need to buy me a bottle of the new, just have a big decant now..
    Currently wearing: Devin by Aramis

Quote Originally Posted by nucker View Post
    The new interpretation is pretty good considering that this was once an oakmoss-centric fragrance. Without the oakmoss, it just doesn't have the same depth and longevity.
    The most recent versions have treemoss and oakmoss in it unless they completely screwed it off the ingrediants

Last year I picked up an old splash bottle that smelled like all the top notes were gone. Pretty much smelled like pure oakmoss. I'm guessing air got in there and/or it wasn't stored well. I later bought a vintage mini off eBay and it was like night and day, all those floral/green notes were there, almost effervescent..

IMG_0098.jpg
    Currently wearing: Calvin by Calvin Klein

Quote Originally Posted by masonjarjar View Post
    Last year I picked up an old splash bottle that smelled like all the top notes were gone. Pretty much smelled like pure oakmoss. I'm guessing air got in there and/or it wasn't stored well. I later bought a vintage mini off eBay and it was like night and day, all those floral/green notes were there, almost effervescent..

IMG_0098.jpg
    Did u bought the splash already used? Or half full?

Quote Originally Posted by DrJones154 View Post
    Did u bought the splash already used? Or half full?
    It was used, about 2/3 full.. then I decanted some of it into a spray bottle.
    Currently wearing: Calvin by Calvin Klein