Code of Conduct
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
o

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2020

I was in sync with my evening scent which was Samsara EDT by Guerlain.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    If I recall, you acquired this at the Las Vegas Basenotes meeting, didn't you redneck.
    I did indeed! And I think of you and our little party in the Guerlain store every time I spray Vetiver Pour Elle! I still use the atomizer you gave me for it, too - although it has been refilled once or twice!

That was a lot of fun! I'll bet that bottle of champagne loosened more wallets than just mine, too. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    I'm wearing Fendi Asja edt now and will switch to Shiseido Zen tonight.
    Zen is a beaut - both men's and women's!

I'm switching to L'Eau de Jatamansi. Himilayan spikenard is the basic fragrance. A nice one!
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

Was very excited today to pop open a new vintage. Desperately tried to open a vintage bottle of Cherry Blossom for the sync but just could not budge the stopper with the usual tricks.

This evening I have decision fatigue so thank you CuddleCat, for making this easy for me - copying you with a Samsara sync this evening.
    PDT for me...ah, that’s nice
    ”I want all the perfumes”

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post
    Thank you!
    It was really nice that my 1000th post was in Synch thread which is one of my favourites AND on Bvlgari Black which I love.
    Congrats Clockwork Alice!
    2421C400-5D92-4804-9477-FA4A8362F0F8.jpeg

Freed from BN Institution

Synced again with YSL Opium
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Nobile by Gucci

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I missed an opportunity to buy a bottle of this years ago. Still kicking myself! Good call for the sync!
    Likewise. I recalled they produced only a very small quantity of bottles, less than a 100 if I recalled.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by Earlyn View Post
    Yay, thanks!
    And Samsara is a beautiful choice. I've been testing it in shops for a few months and fell in love.
    Currently wearing: Méharées by L'Erbolario

Sorry, this Friday is out for me. I never have one fragrance I only wear with any particular item of clothing. I am a get-up and wear whatever speaks to me that morning no matter what I am wearing.

The only time I plan ahead would be synch Fridays or say Xmas Eve and Day the latter I save certain ones for those days.
    DONNA

I'm with Donna here. I choose fragrances according to my moods, wants, whims, circumstances, needs, occasions or weather, but it has nothing to do with clothes.
    I do sometimes plan a few days ahead outside of Friday Synchs, but it's usually only when I feel like I missed something and make sure to remember it the next day, or when I want to test something specific, or for more specific occasions. For example, I know I'll have to work long hours in close proximity to many people this weekend, and that's why I'll gravitate to my tried and true loves that tick all boxes - are long lasting, non-intrusive and not too loud, are pleasant, interesting and at the same time feel like "me" and bring me joy - so I'll be choosing from NR For Her, Bvlgari Black and Gucci Guilty Absolute pour femme.

So I'll continue to wear what I feel like or what I feel like it fits best out of these three choices this Friday, but I will be very curious to see if others actually plan their clothes and perfume wardrobe together!

I do plan my fragrances for certain occasions, but it depends on where I'm going or what I want to test, or if it is any special occasion, not what I'm wearing.

The one exception is that when I go to shop at Hermes, I always wear Hermes fragrances. So, maybe I will go with something Hermes and wear one of my Hermes bags and outfits that day.
    Currently wearing: Patiala by Thameen

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Sorry, this Friday is out for me. I never have one fragrance I only wear with any particular item of clothing.
    I'm with Donna here. I choose fragrances according to my moods, wants, whims, circumstances, needs, occasions or weather, but it has nothing to do with clothes.
    That makes three of us. I'll recuse myself this week, as I don't have a single fragrance that I associate with any item of clothing.

I can only speak for myself but I don't have a specific item of clothing that I would associate with a particular fragrance. I allow whatever mood and the occasion to dictate my selection. I view this week's sync as a free for all.

That's much simpler. I don't wear specific clothes/scent combos either.
    Spring Equinox : with lighter leathers, greens and fougeres, and a few florals. FBs : Etro Gomma and Dianthus; Hermes Equipage and Equipage Geranium; Aramis Tuscany. Samples/decants : Penhaligon's Sartorial and Ostara; KnizeTen, Sec, and Forest; Piguet Futur ; Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Currently wearing: Bandit by Robert Piguet

There are fragrances in my collection that I very often trot out at night - like an olfactory nightcap and dream prep.
    Think I will do my sync in the evening and pair my fragrance with pajamas. In my case flannel - still pretty cold here.

Blog Entries

Earlyn, that's a great idea!

l don't generally associate perfumes with any specific garment, but more with certain seasons or occasions. However, when l wear purple l do get the urge to wear Alien, so that's what l'm going with. Even though my work uniform is sadly not purple.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I'm usually dressed in black, today too (except for the red t-shirt as a pseudo-uniform for work), so Bvlgari Black kinda fits!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I tend to wear certain fragrances with my black clothes - especially leather jackets, T-shirts or turtlenecks. Bulgari Black, Polo Double Black, and now Jimmy Choo Man Intense, ads for which feature a male model with a black leather jacket.

I decided to go with the latter!

Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

No specifically, but I do like to pair a soapy neroli with a white linen shirt, and I like the matching of Infusion d'Homme with a clean, crisp dress shirt.

I also used to like wearing Terre d'Hermes Parfum or 2 Man with my leather jacket.

None of these pairings were to the exclusion of other scents, but I'd say I got the urge to wear them together more than other scents and clothes.
    Today I kind of didn't get around to wearing any scent, and I'm still in my gym clothes, and I have to say I'm kind of a fan of being fragrance free when I go to the gym.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I'm usually dressed in black, today too (except for the red t-shirt as a pseudo-uniform for work), so Bvlgari Black kinda fits!
    I love to wear black with Black, so you're doing it today for me, as I'm going with JCMI - one of my current new infatuations!

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    No specifically, but I do like to pair a soapy neroli with a white linen shirt, and I like the matching of Infusion d'Homme with a clean, crisp dress shirt.

I also used to like wearing Terre d'Hermes Parfum or 2 Man with my leather jacket.

None of these pairings were to the exclusion of other scents, but I'd say I got the urge to wear them together more than other scents and clothes.
    Today I kind of didn't get around to wearing any scent, and I'm still in my gym clothes, and I have to say I'm kind of a fan of being fragrance free when I go to the gym.
    I feel you on the white shirt/ neroli front, good combination!

I'll be the odd one out here, because I sometimes do match or deliberately mismatch perfume and outfit. I enjoy wearing the formal amouage gold with t shirt and jeans to feel fabulous when doing the grocery shopping, for example, or I soften a structured, formal outfit with a fluffy scent. Today, I am going for a match though. My favourite clothing items at the moment are my cashmere sweaters. My very favourite is a black and cream colour blocked one which I pair with 31 Rue Cambon, the ultimate cashmere sweater scent in my opinion.

But that one is at the cleaner, so I'm wearing a blush pink one with a pencil skirt and combat style chunky boots today, think business on top, 1990s on the bottom. I'm pairing it with generous helpings of Safran Troublant, which to me is both pink and fluffy.
    Last edited by yellowtone; 21st February 2020 at 11:19 AM.

For SJP Stash I usually wear a long sleeve shirt or sweatshirt, not much of a sync choice but that's what I'm going with.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yellowtone View Post
    I feel you on the white shirt/ neroli front, good combination!

I'll be the odd one out here, because I sometimes do match or deliberately mismatch perfume and outfit. I enjoy wearing the formal amouage gold with t shirt and jeans to feel fabulous when doing the grocery shopping, for example, or I soften a structured, formal outfit with a fluffy scent. Today, I am going for a match though. My favourite clothing items at the moment are my cashmere sweaters. My very favourite is a black and cream colour blocked one which I pair with 31 Rue Cambon, the ultimate cashmere sweater scent in my opinion.

But that one is at the cleaner, so I'm wearing a blush pink one with a pencil skirt and combat style chunky boots today, think business on top, 1990s on the bottom. I'm pearing it with generous helpings of Safran Troublant, which to me is both pink and fluffy.
    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    For SJP Stash I usually wear a long sleeve shirt or sweatshirt, not much of a sync choice but that's what I'm going with.
    Both of these choices are extremely interesting and fashionista-perfumista cool, IMO! Unconventional, but fashionably intelligent!

Basenotes Plus

I don’t have any strict pairings but I certainly do associate clothing with perfumes, as others have described. Vintage No. 19 EDT is my starched white shirt scent. I reach for a rose-centered perfume when I wear a sweater with a rose pattern. I tend to wear leather scents with tailored clothes. And so on,

I want to wear vintage Cravache EDT today, and I think it will suit well with my typical casual Friday workwear of black jeans, boots, and a tailored shirt.

Basenotes Plus

I'm going with the cozy....my camel cashmere sweater and Cadjméré 18 which ClaireV describes as a "cashmere sweater between washes." http://http://fragrancedaily.com/cad...-art-of-hygge/
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa

Basenotes Plus

Sitting out this week's synch as I'm yet another who doesn't pair up clothing with perfume. But in the spirit of the theme, I'll use my imagination to pair my SOTD, Parfums de Marly Delina, with a fluffy pink angora sweater.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

Stealing Earlyn's idea & wearing Ambre Passion this evening, because l only tend to wear this one with loungewear or PJs!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Now wearing Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme, to add a bit of oakmoss class to "casual expensive" dress and outing where subtlety is needed. This fragrance has aged well, IMO.

Same items of clothing (black overcoat, sweaters, T-shirts, and chukka boots, with red cords and scarf); 3 different scents. SOTD Penhaligon's Elixir; SOTE Unum LAVS; and SOTN Etro Ambra (this last soon to be worn with plaid pyjamas, Lemsip and an early night). Typical clothes, standard kind of Friday scents.
    Spring Equinox : with lighter leathers, greens and fougeres, and a few florals. FBs : Etro Gomma and Dianthus; Hermes Equipage and Equipage Geranium; Aramis Tuscany. Samples/decants : Penhaligon's Sartorial and Ostara; KnizeTen, Sec, and Forest; Piguet Futur ; Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Currently wearing: Bandit by Robert Piguet

Love reading these interesting parings! This is making me think my wardrobe has gotten boring, while my fragrance wardrobe has blossomed. Need to work on that disparity!

The talk of leather on cacio's leather sample thread has put me in the mood for some excellent masculines from samples today.

For early happy hour I'm syncing Moschino Pour Homme with jeans, black sweater and boots.

For my night cap it will be Mouchoir de Monsieur, because even though MdM is suave and sophisticated enough for black tie, it also happens to be as gentle and easy to wear as a pair of flannel pajamas warm from the dryer- which is what I will be pairing it with......zzz......ahhh....

I'm worked from home and wore black athletic shorts and a scraggly grey long sleeve t-shirt. And cycling socks with red, green, and yellow chili peppers on them. With this particular ensemble, I felt that Hermes Eau des Mervielles was the only civilized choice.

This evening I will be resplendent in grey sweatpants and another long sleeve t-shirt, probably a red one, and brown Crocs, as I drive to the mountains. With this wardrobe selection, I will wear Bruno Fazzolari Seyrig.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast