Code of Conduct
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
o

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2020

I'm worked from home and wore black athletic shorts and a scraggly grey long sleeve t-shirt. And cycling socks with red, green, and yellow chili peppers on them. With this particular ensemble, I felt that Hermes Eau des Mervielles was the only civilized choice.

This evening I will be resplendent in grey sweatpants and another long sleeve t-shirt, probably a red one, and brown Crocs, as I drive to the mountains. With this wardrobe selection, I will wear Bruno Fazzolari Seyrig.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Earlyn View Post
    a pair of flannel pajamas warm from the dryer- which is what I will be pairing it with....
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    grey sweatpants and another long sleeve t-shirt, probably a red one, and brown Crocs
    I'm so dazzled! Did I just accidentally wander into the latest runway show by Dolce & Gabbana?

So much for fragrance being part of the "fashion" industry, eh? At least, not for those of us who are addicted to it.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    I'm so dazzled! Did I just accidentally wander into the latest runway show by Dolce & Gabbana?

So much for fragrance being part of the "fashion" industry, eh? At least, not for those of us who are addicted to it.
    Checking out Gucci's latest runway anti-fashions - the brown crocs just fit right in!

https://www.gucci.com/us/en/st/stori...-looks-gallery
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

I wore a blue shirt today and wore Bleu de Chanel. That’s about the best I could do today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Basenotes Plus

I spent the day with a wicked head cold, bundled up on the couch in jammies and bunny slippers. For reasons I can’t explain, the one that jumped out as a perfect match to the gray pajamas and the gray mood was Tom Ford Noir Anthracite.

¯\_(ヅ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by incense+heliotrope View Post
    Lemsip and an early night)..
    That sounds like an awesome idea......
    Currently wearing: Cuir by Lancôme

Hey now! I spent entire seconds carefully considering my options before settling on the sweatpants story.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Hey now! I spent entire seconds carefully considering my options before settling on the sweatpants story.
    Yes, and now I am donning 1 of my 10 (yes, 10) pairs of flannel pajamas and have carefully chosen the baby blue and cream plaid ones, and not the red ones with the little black terriers or the purple ones with the cats because those just wouldn't do with Mouchoir de Monsieur!
    ”I want all the perfumes”

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Earlyn View Post
    Yes, and now I am donning 1 of my 10 (yes, 10) pairs of flannel pajamas and have carefully chosen the baby blue and cream plaid ones, and not the red ones with the little black terriers or the purple ones with the cats because those just wouldn't do with Mouchoir de Monsieur!
    One must have standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Checking out Gucci's latest runway anti-fashions - the brown crocs just fit right in!
    Good lord. That was disgusting.

Gif_MaggieSmithDoesNotApprove.jpg

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Harajuku meets American thrift store.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Good lord. That was disgusting.

Gif_MaggieSmithDoesNotApprove.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfPhlegethon View Post
    Harajuku meets American thrift store.
    I've tried to go along with more imaginative house tilt, including both the out-of-the-box fragrances and "challenging" fashions, but the "crying underage drug waif" look is not working for me.

Basenotes Plus

I've tried to go along with more imaginative house tilt, including both the out-of-the-box fragrances and "challenging" fashions, but the "crying underage drug waif" look is not working for me.
    Definitely thrift store couture. The child models look positively demented, and sometimes even disabled, especially the one wearing what appear to be vintage cat’s eye glasses upside down.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

OK, people! I mean, OK fans of THE DOCTOR!

Get ready for 02/28/2020 or 28/02/2020 as you may prefer, depending on time and place of TARDIS manufacture.

grayspoole's Tardis Perfume Day

"And as a vintage lover, how about..

Tardis perfumes: wear a perfume that transports you to another place and time (please describe)"

OK, people! I mean, OK fans of THE DOCTOR!

Get ready for 02/28/2020 or 28/02/2020 as you may prefer, depending on time and place of TARDIS manufacture.

grayspoole's Tardis Perfume Day

"And as a vintage lover, how about..

Tardis perfumes: wear a perfume that transports you to another place and time (please describe)"
    Oh, thank goodness.

I was trying to find a fragrance that was bigger on the inside.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    Oh, thank goodness.

Ha, me too!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    Oh, thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Ha, me too!
    Yeah, this certainly offers some easier fulfillments.

I think every fragrance moves me, and half of them to some specific place and time, even if somewhat abstract or ill-defined. Translation - I can pick a bottle to talk my way out of this one with my eyes closed!

Freed from BN Institution

For grayspoole's Tardis - practically every vintage classic that I own, I can probably envision myself in someplace and sometime.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Nobile by Gucci

As a massive Whovian this one is right up my ally! I think I'll take a trip down my own time line and go for a scent I haven't worn since I discovered 'proper' perfume, that is the fruity floral scent of my early 20s: YSL Babydoll. My half full bottle has sat in the back of a closet untouched for several years now, and I'm looking forward to trying it again!

Basenotes Plus

I'm going to ride my Tardis back to my early high school years, and the fragrance that formed a bridge between my childhood and my first grownup perfumes: Woodhue by Fabergé . It was the scent I was wearing when I got my first high school boyfriend, and my first... Well, let's just say it witnessed several firsts.

It still smells pretty good today, too: softly spicy, with a warm grassy-woody base, not too childish at all. This is the 3-piece set I bought with my babysitting money at Woolworth's when I was 15:

Woodhue3pcSet.2.jpg

But today I'm just going to deploy my big bath powder, because I'm on the downslope of an 8-day bronchial infection, and I don't wear perfumes when I'm sick, for fear of forming bad associations.
    FabergeWoodhueBathPowder.jpg

This is one trip back to high school that's a lot more pleasant than those occasional dreams where I'm about to take a test in algebra class and suddenly realize that I completely forgot to study for it.

Basenotes Plus

I suppose I could wear anything I had before I went down the rabbit hole, but my wife will strangle me in my sleep if I go back to Le Male. I think I’ll pick a vintage that takes me back much further in time.

I think mine will have to be YSL Live Jazz. It takes me back to my early college years, when I first started wearing fragrances, and when I met my wife. I had a happy and fulfilling college experience, so it's a fun time to revisit fragrantly!

It was also my favorite and most worn scent when I started lurking on Basenotes, and was (part of) the inspiration for my handle.

I'm going to ride my Tardis back to my early high school years, and the fragrance that formed a bridge between my childhood and my first grownup perfumes: Woodhue by Fabergé . It was the scent I was wearing when I got my first high school boyfriend, and my first... Well, let's just say it witnessed several firsts.

It still smells pretty good today, too: softly spicy, with a warm grassy-woody base, not too childish at all. This is the 3-piece set I bought with my babysitting money at Woolworth's when I was 15:

Woodhue3pcSet.2.jpg

But today I'm just going to deploy my big bath powder, because I'm on the downslope of an 8-day bronchial infection, and I don't wear perfumes when I'm sick, for fear of forming bad associations.
    FabergeWoodhueBathPowder.jpg

This is one trip back to high school that's a lot more pleasant than those occasional dreams where I'm about to take a test in algebra class and suddenly realize that I completely forgot to study for it.

That’s a fabulous set!
    Hope you enjoy the powder and don’t have many more days of the infection to get through.
    ”I want all the perfumes”

Get well soon, Cook.bot!

I am wearing CK Contradiction today - it transports me back to my late teens and early 20s when this was the best and most mature scent I had. I liked the contradicting cold and warm notes and loved the warm tonka sweetness of the drydown - I didn't know it was tonka back then - and I saved it for dates and special occasions.
    Allons-y!

Doctor Who was first shown 23rd November 1963 it had actually been put back due to the assassination of President Kennedy.

So any fragrance from 1963 would also do if you have even if a modern version.

I am going with Ubar I own the original 90s version. The first time I sniffed a sample I was transported back to being a little girl and rummaging in my Mum's, yes weird but it just made me think of the smell of the different things my Mum had in her handbag.
    DONNA

I'm inspired by the Art Deco period of the 1930s, I really wish I could go back to that era. The recent Hollywood vanity photos that were posted particularly the one of Marlene Dietrich inspired my choice. I could've worn either Sous Le Vent or Vol de Nuit but I felt the Creed was the most appropriate.

I will be syncing with Creed Angelique Encens for Grayspoole's BN day
    [
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Blog Entries

This one was a tough choice, as like others here l could have chosen anything from my wardrobe & made it fit. Either because it transports me to an actual place & time in my life, or to somewhere l've only been in my imagination.

l decided to go for the former, & wear Nag Champa by Ava Luxe. This one takes me back to my late teens, when head shops became a favourite haunt of mine as l turned into a full-on hippie chick. For many years l wore lots of tie dye, fringed skirts, lndian silver jewellery, etc. l've toned it down a lot in the last decade or so, but l'll always be a hippie chick at heart.

Peace, man!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post

l decided to go for the former, & wear Nag Champa by Ava Luxe. This one takes me back to my late teens, when head shops became a favourite haunt of mine as l turned into a full-on hippie chick. For many years l wore lots of tie dye, fringed skirts, lndian silver jewellery, etc. l've toned it down a lot in the last decade or so, but l'll always be a hippie chick at heart.

Peace, man!
    Did this earlier version of teardrop have long hair?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Did this earlier version of teardrop have long hair?
    Oh yes, very!

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Big fan of both Doctor Who and grayspoole. I've got a fairly heavy and persistent mancrush on David Tennant.

Went with sort of an obvious choice:

Méchant Loup - L'Artisan

I don't know what those two words mean exactly to native French speakers, but in my mind it comes out to "bad wolf". Then I think of angels and graveyards and Rose Tyler and Daleks and Cybermen etc.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I've never watched Dr. Who.

I'll start the day with Samsara edt by Guerlain. My mom wore this for years. It reminds me of the good times I had with her.

Basenotes Plus

Happy Grayspoole Day!

I chose Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan. It takes me back to 2004, the year I found online groups of like-minded folk who actually devoted time to discussing fragrance and were passionate on the subject, who defended it as high art and not crass commerce. It was the year I learned that fragrance could be conceptual and not merely something nice to spray on as an afterthought. The year of ignoring false constructs of gender marketing. The year I fell headlong down the rabbit hole of niche perfumery and vintage treasures, many of which were not alway necessarily the costliest.

My year of perfumed epiphanies.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast