Code of Conduct
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Zilpha View Post
    I found your offer kind of funny - I can't smell you over here, dear. You could lie about it and I would never know. But if you can find that sample of MFK Lumiere Noire pour Femme, that's one I really like. If not, then one of the Narciso's that suits your weather.
    I know I'm being silly here, but I wanted to participate despite not having aldehydic fragrances.
    Thank you for the suggestion! I'm gladly wearing and trying out Lumière Noire pour Femme today - I was waiting for the right day to finally try it out, and I think it's a very right occasion. I do like it. It's a beautiful rose and patchouli with some greenness underneath - the official notes tell me that this greenness is narcissus, a beautiful spring flower (which really smells like some greenness) that should be blooming in the gardens here right now. Reading reviews I see quite a lot of people getting urine smell in this fragrance, but I don't, I'm getting elegant patchouli and flowers.

Happy Zilpha's day!

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    l'm not a lover of aldehydes, & l wanted to do some sampling instead today, but of course l'll be reading all your posts here as usual!
    Just a guess, a Neil Morris fragrance?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Might join with a fine floral, albeit a probably a non-aldehydic one to celebrate the day (since there are few aldehydic masculine/unisex options around) - Habit Rouge seems to be close.
    If not vintage Feminite du Bois, a vintage Yves Rocher, Bourjois or Yardley do have access to, among the most traditional ones in the personal selections that do either contain aldehydes or at least bear a similarity to this note type.

Infini by Caron
    Currently wearing: Fleurissimo by Creed

Basenotes Plus

I'm lavishing on probably my favorite aldehydic of all time, Ivoire de Balmain. Bitter, green and aloof, this was practically a signature for me in the '80s; I think I was partly rebelling against the nationwide fog of Opium/Obsession/Poison at the time.

Darjeeling's post has made me want to try both of those CDG scents. Intriguing.

Basenotes Plus

I thought I'd give No 5 EDT another try, for the synch.

I don't really like it anymore. I'll probably sell it. I prefer the EDP much more...

Basenotes Plus

Alkemia Rara Avis.jpg

The only one I could find in my entire cabinet with adehydes (suspect they are in a number of my fragrances but not listed) so here's Alkemia's description:

Rara Avis..... A curiously quixotic juxtaposition of spiced French Lavender, English cucumber, coriander, bitter orange aldehydes, pink pepper, Clary Sage, wild Mountain mint, Ambroxan, celeriac root, tarnished silver, violet leaf, beeswax, linden blossoms, musk mallow, tonka bean, oakmoss, aged barnwood, gurjum wood, and touch of thunderstorm ozone.

I love this crazy stuff. The lavender and cucumber are so much fun, and each of those notes peek out someplace along the timeline/arc of its development. The "tarnished silver" and thuderstorm ozone make for a really intriguing finish.

I am actually wearing it, but since it's not listed I can't push last night's With Love by Guerlain off my post.

Basenotes Plus

Nope. Just can't do No 5 anymore. I've switched to White Diamonds by E. Taylor.

In Synch in Hermes Equipage (vtg). It surprised me that this has aldehydes, but perhaps they are what keep this masterpiece fresh and vibrant despite the rather large notes pyramid.
    from May Eve to Midsummer : with leathers, greens, fougeres, and a few florals. Guerlain Vetiver; Etro Gomma; Palais Jamais and Dianthus; Hermes Equipage Geranium; Aramis Tuscany; first wearing of the year for Penhaligon's Juniper Sling; Caron Yatagan; Knize Ten, Sec, and Forest; Puig Quorum. Sampling : Aramis Devin; ELdO Eloge du Traitre, Fat Electrician
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

I've gone with Amouage Dia, from a sample I've hoarded for much too long. Quite a bit of lighter fluid to start, but I'm confident it will simmer down and I'll be smellin' beautiful soon. Later on, I'll be in some form of No.5, guaranteed! Love this sync; happy Zilpha day, everyone!

Basenotes Plus

Happy Zilpha Day!

I had quite a few options for today including No. 22, Rive Gauche, Calandre, No. 5, L'Ame Soeur. but I went with Serge Lutens La Myrrhe. It's a different take not only on the titular note, but on aldehydes too, with a touch of gourmand. Ethereal, unusual, and extraordinary.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur by Boucheron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Just a guess, a Neil Morris fragrance?
    Could be!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

In sync with vintage Dunhill for Men. It jumps out of the bottle with a big aldehydic soapy herbal floral accord, and stays brisk for quite awhile before mellowing into a very suave dry floral woody leather. It smells to me like competence.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Finally (sort of) joined the sync, with Habit Rouge EDP-if not aldehydic, at least one of the few masculines with intoxicating, enthralling floral notes and also among the first designer mainstreams that, along with M7 by YSL, gladly and openly included oud in famous masculine Western fragrances

Basenotes Plus

Currently wearing: Déclaration by Cartier

Lost track of what day it is this week, so didn't sync.
    Currently wearing: Pulp by Byredo

oh no, I can't believe I missed Zilpha's aldehyde day, shoot! The days are just blurring together at this point and I completely did not register last Friday. Oh well, I'll non sync tomorrow; I love aldehydes. Now what to choose...

It's vintage Madame Rochas for me on this belated aldehyde day! It's so joyful and full of the gentlest aldehydes; just gorgeous.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    Now there, is a perfume I had, I wish I hadn't sold...
    Last edited by HouseOfPhlegethon; 1st April 2020 at 12:59 PM. Reason: spelling

So, purple florals this week, which I think was one of my suggestions : should be plenty of possibilities for everyone, from iris and violet (leaf counts too, why not), to lavender, heliotrope and lilac (a bit pale, but same colour).

Dior Homme : iris in the entire range
    Plenty of modern mascs, esp fougeres, with a lavender or violet (leaf) note, such as Penhaligon's Sartorial
    Prada : Infusion d'Homme, d'Iris, and other Infusions, all with some iris
    Guerlain : L'Heure Bleue, etc

Anyone got a sample of Gucci Guilty Cologne ? That one has a heliotrope note.

I'm spoilt for choice. How about you ?
    from May Eve to Midsummer : with leathers, greens, fougeres, and a few florals. Guerlain Vetiver; Etro Gomma; Palais Jamais and Dianthus; Hermes Equipage Geranium; Aramis Tuscany; first wearing of the year for Penhaligon's Juniper Sling; Caron Yatagan; Knize Ten, Sec, and Forest; Puig Quorum. Sampling : Aramis Devin; ELdO Eloge du Traitre, Fat Electrician

I'll probably wear Lolita Lempicka (violets), or if I see myself craving for some lavender to calm me down a bit, I might also wear Twilight or What Would Love Do? by Lush.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by incense+heliotrope View Post
    So, purple florals this week, which I think was one of my suggestions : should be plenty of possibilities for everyone, from iris and violet (leaf counts too, why not), to lavender, heliotrope and lilac (a bit pale, but same colour).
    This got me wondering... has anyone ever used wisteria as a perfume note?

Comme des Garcons x Stephen Jones : Wisteria Hysteria Think it's quite hard to find, as it was limited edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Princesse D’Albret
    ”I want all the perfumes”
    Currently wearing: Oud Palao by Diptyque

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    I was sure that there is, because I remember there were a couple Jo Malone fragrances with wisterias, and I almost remember reading an article on wisteria notes in some perfume blog or other site...

But hey, I just did the BN-search for you! (And myself, because I was also curious.) http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancedi...steria&submit=

Some notable/more known names in the list:
    Bvlgari Blv; Bvlgari Absolute Blv; Carven L'Eau de Toilette; BBW Cherry Blossom; D&G Feminine; Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream and some its flankers; Lanvin Éclat d'Arpège (a very nice one!); Tom Ford Fleur de Chine; Love, Chloé; Love, Chloé Eau Intense; DSH Ma Plus Belle Histoire d'Amour; Elizabeth Arden Mediterranean; My Burberry Blush; Penhaligon's Ostara; Roberto Cavalli Paradiso Assoluto; Celine Dion Paris Nights; Roja Dove Semi-Bespoke 24; Dame Perfumery Soliflore Wisteria; Neil Morris Spirit of Water; Elizabeth Arden Splendor; Keiko Mecheri Umè; DSH Venus and Cupid (Siena); Versace Versace; Oriflame Volare Wisteria; Oriflame Volare Spring Flower Parfum; Crabtree & Evelyn Wisteria; Jo Malone Wisteria & Lavender; Jo Malone Wisteria & Violet; Nest Wisteria Blue... but look for yourself, I might have omitted some name that might be known to you!
    I'm sure you have tried at least one of them at least once.

Freed from BN Institution

Would iris be consider blue or purple?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Would iris be consider blue or purple?
    Yes.

And, if you’re Jacques Fath, grey.
    Currently wearing: Déclaration by Cartier

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post
    ... but look for yourself, I might have omitted some name that might be known to you!
    I'm sure you have tried at least one of them at least once.
    <whine> Aww, couldn't you just do it for me?

(J/K Alice, thanks for the research.)

Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

Purple floral?!?

I guess I’ll have to go with iris. Probably Infusion d’Iris Cedre even though the scent reads as pure white to me. There’s a bit of iris in Sugi too.

Now I wish I had a sample of something with wisteria. Such an intoxicating, almost wine-like floral.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.

I am thinking of Guerlain AA Lavande Velours which as lavender and violets.
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: Eau de Lavande by Diptyque

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast