Code of Conduct
o

Default Weighing scales recommendations

Post deleted
    New explorer into DIY perfumery. I blog my fragrant ramblings at Nose Dives.

Default Re: Weighing scales recommendations

I am very happy with this one, after my far-more-expensive Ohaus suffered damage, and a differing budget model proved unsatisfactory:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183636099561

I based my choice on Paul's recommendation except I chose to get the 200 g unit for more precision as I only rarely have need to weigh more than that.

Btw, as to why the other was unsatisfactory: It was accurate enough but had an infuriating Chinese trick built into it, where to "look" even more accurate, I guess, anytime a weight got close to a round number, it would decide to jump to EXACTLY that round number. That way, I guess, if you ever tested it with calibration weights it would always appear dead on. It was impossible to switch this "feature" off. Additionally it would often switch itself off very, very quickly, causing loss of tare or other problems. The above scale is certainly inexpensive, but does work properly and professionally. I really can't say my Ohaus was better in any way other than being able to close it while weighing (which is very important if there are air currents at all, and this model is set up very very poorly for that so I don't even try.) But some other inexpensive scales, such as this other one, are absolute jokes even if they can be accurate.

Basenotes Plus

I've been using this one for more than a year now.
    Just bought my second one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/500g-0-001g...QAAOSwPcVVuGjU

But since you deleted your post text, maybe you weren't all that serious in your quest, and I didn't need to spend my time helping you.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

I have been using the KERN Emb200-3 which is 3dp and for up to 200g. It is more expensive than the one paul has put the link for. But it is excellent and usually comes with a 2 year warranty. I would highly recommend it

Thank you Paul. I do appreciate the tip.

After posting, I saw an earlier thread that pointed me to lots of resources. So I tried to delete my post so as to not waste anyone's time (the set up of this forum doesn't make it easy to delete a post - only to edit it). That backfired.
    New explorer into DIY perfumery. I blog my fragrant ramblings at Nose Dives.

It's not a problem... it's a very good topic discussing something that everyone needs and many may need to upgrade or replace. It's true that bumping an existing thread could have been better (I try to) but nothing wrong with a new thread on an important topic.