Code of Conduct
o

Question real or fake Aventus? please help

Default Re: real or fake Aventus? please help

The problem with Aventus is that all of the batches smell differently. It looks okay to me, looks like you got a better 2015 batch, congratulations.

very fake

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Did you purchase it from a reputable vendor?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    The problem with Aventus is that all of the batches smell differently. It looks okay to me, looks like you got a better 2015 batch, congratulations.

thanks I hope so

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    very fake
    why

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Did you purchase it from a reputable vendor?
    I got it from Souq witch owned by Amazon

I think its fake.

Here's why.
    A. This is a VERY popular batch, and also (from reading here) one of the most faked batches.
    B. The price. You paid the price I would expect for a new, 2019 batch. For a FULL, 120ml, 15X21 super rare, super popular batch, the price should've been much higher. (for example, there is a seller here selling a 70% full 2015 bottle and he's trying to get $475. This should have cost more if it were real.
    C. The batch code is not printed on the bottle. ESPECIALLY if the bottle is basically brand new, there should be a batch number easily readable somewhere on there. It shouldn't have rubbed off if the bottle is brand new.
    D. As seen in that video posted, underneath the atomizer there should be a WHITE outer ring. Looks silver/dark gray to me on this bottle.
    E. Atomizer tube appears too thick to me in comparison to my authentic 2014 bottle
    F. As stated by the OP, the fragrance does not smell like the (presumably) authentic sample he had

Thats 6 red flags for me

Smile Re: real or fake Aventus? please help

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    I think its fake.

Here's why.
    A. This is a VERY popular batch, and also (from reading here) one of the most faked batches.
    B. The price. You paid the price I would expect for a new, 2019 batch. For a FULL, 120ml, 15X21 super rare, super popular batch, the price should've been much higher. (for example, there is a seller here selling a 70% full 2015 bottle and he's trying to get $475. This should have cost more if it were real.
    C. The batch code is not printed on the bottle. ESPECIALLY if the bottle is basically brand new, there should be a batch number easily readable somewhere on there. It shouldn't have rubbed off if the bottle is brand new.
    D. As seen in that video posted, underneath the atomizer there should be a WHITE outer ring. Looks silver/dark gray to me on this bottle.
    E. Atomizer tube appears too thick to me in comparison to my authentic 2014 bottle
    F. As stated by the OP, the fragrance does not smell like the (presumably) authentic sample he had

Thats 6 red flags for me
    Thank you so much for explain I have made my decision, I will return it and buy from incenza or boutique