Code of Conduct
o
    Basenotes Plus

Default Option to 'hide' threads?

There's a lot of threads that I'll read what I want to read, or don't care to read them in the first place but I keep having to sift through them to find new stuff.

Is there an option that the website layout/host has to give users the ability to hide threads? That would be... so awesome.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Default Re: Option to 'hide' threads?

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    There's a lot of threads that I'll read what I want to read, or don't care to read them in the first place but I keep having to sift through them to find new stuff.

Is there an option that the website layout/host has to give users the ability to hide threads? That would be... so awesome.
    You can approach this from the opposite direction and achieve virtually the same result, by subscribing as opposed to hiding.

What I do is scour the main forums on occasion and subscribe to the threads I want to follow, and then ignore the rest. So I'm 90% using the "Subscribed Threads" feature unless looking for new topics of interest to add to the subscribed threads list.

You can subscribe to a thread by posting to it OR by clicking "Thread Tools" / "Subscribe to this thread" when inside the thread.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I already subscribe to threads so they stand out in the main list but hiding threads would also be good to reduce time sifting through threads as iLikepeeps mentioned.

Would be handy and having the option would allow us to navigate in a way which suits each BNer.

Maybe a show of hands for those that would find a hide thread button useful?
    A few favourites

Bois du Portugal by Creed
    Aventus by Creed
    Jubilation Man by Amouage
    Mousse Illuminee by Rogue Perfumery
    Incident Diplomatique by Jovoy
    Patchouli Nobile by Nobile 1942
    Pour Monsieur EdT by Chanel
    Eau Sauvage (vtg) by Christian Dior
    Eucris EdP by GF Trumper
    Polo (Cosmair) by Ralph Lauren
    Currently wearing: Halfeti by Penhaligon's

Missing Oakmoss

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
    Maybe a show of hands for those that would find a hide thread button useful?
    Some of the forums I belong to allow members to select only the threads and subforums they wish to see (via the Options panel in Account Settings), and it's great. That feature might require newer forum software than BN currently uses, though.
    Last edited by Bonnette; 4th December 2019 at 12:35 AM. Reason: wording

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    Some of the forums I belong to allow members to select only the threads and subforums they wish to see (via the Options panel in Account Settings), and it's great.
    That's a nice feature.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

I could see it being a useful feature, but given the more pressing issues with the site software, not a high priority.