Code of Conduct
o
    The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Default Keep Getting Logged Out Repeatedly

Every time I click on new forum or thread I'm logged out and have to keep logging back in, it's making the site unusable for me atm.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Paradigm by Avon

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Keep Getting Logged Out Repeatedly

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Every time I click on new forum or thread I'm logged out and have to keep logging back in, it's making the site unusable for me atm.
    I had that happen to me last week sporadically for a few days, using both Firefox and Chrome. Couldn't determine if there was any particular sequence of actions that triggered it -- and then it just went away after 4 or 5 days. Weird.

Basenotes Plus

It happens to me on my phone all the time, but not on my desktop. Might be another artifact of not having a secure server, and/or the server's clock running fast. (The latter I blame for BN not accurately tracking my read/unread posts.)

Freed from BN Institution

It works fine with Safari.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Happened last week a lot.

It's happening to me the last few days, when I log in with seeming success, and go into my Wardrobe to choose SOTD, and the site immediately logs me out. The second log-in works fine. Anyone else getting this ?
    February theme : wax, dust, powder, and resins . FBs : Piguet Casbah; CdG Avignon, Etro Heliotrope; Etro Ambra; Lalique Encre Noire . Samples : Anatole Lebreton Grimoire; Tauer LADDM/ACDD; Tom Daxon Iridium; Papillon Angelique; Dior DHI; Unum LAVS, Io Non Ho Mani; Penhaligon's Sartorial; Knize Forest; Piguet Futur; Molinard Habanita
    Currently wearing: Ambra by Etro

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by incense+heliotrope View Post
    It's happening to me the last few days, when I log in with seeming success, and go into my Wardrobe to choose SOTD, and the site immediately logs me out. The second log-in works fine. Anyone else getting this ?
    This happens to me as well, though only when I'm logging in with the browser on my phone. Similarly, it will appear that I'm logged out when I go to the directory, but if I then do a search, I'll be logged in after all.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    This happens to me as well, though only when I'm logging in with the browser on my phone. Similarly, it will appear that I'm logged out when I go to the directory, but if I then do a search, I'll be logged in after all.
    I also get the seemingly logged out page in the directory, think it's been like that for a long time.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Community Manager

Which browser are you using, and are you on a phone, laptop or iPad?
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Basenotes Plus

I've been okay when I'm using Safari, but if using IE or Firefox....nope.
    Something something....something....

Avatar picture taken at Kew Gardens.
    Currently wearing: Fleurissimo by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    Which browser are you using, and are you on a phone, laptop or iPad?
    Firefox on laptop. Has happened twice so far today, once I when logged in and went to choose SOTD from Wardrobe, and again just now when I went to reply to your post. Still no text reply icons when I make a post, but sometimes if I go back in to Edit it, I get a text/image command toolbar at the top
    February theme : wax, dust, powder, and resins . FBs : Piguet Casbah; CdG Avignon, Etro Heliotrope; Etro Ambra; Lalique Encre Noire . Samples : Anatole Lebreton Grimoire; Tauer LADDM/ACDD; Tom Daxon Iridium; Papillon Angelique; Dior DHI; Unum LAVS, Io Non Ho Mani; Penhaligon's Sartorial; Knize Forest; Piguet Futur; Molinard Habanita

Basenotes Plus

Still no text reply icons when I make a post, but sometimes if I go back in to Edit it, I get a text/image command toolbar at the top
    ^^ Happening to me too, consistently. No toolbar with icons across top of reply box. Been going on for about 3 days now. I'm also getting intermittent log-outs, with no discernible pattern to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    ^^ . I'm also getting intermittent log-outs, with no discernible pattern to them.
    Yup, same here.

Yes, same here! I'm using Mozilla Firefox.
    (^‿^)
    Currently wearing: Rose 31 by Le Labo

I also have the same problem.

Still happening. Irritating.

This is still happening, and worse than ever today. I can no longer access the Samples section of my Wardrobe without being logged out. Getting to the point where I cannot use or contribute to this website, since if I take too long posting (more than a couple of words) it also logs me out. Hurrah, after between 5 and 10 logins, it hasn;t chucked me out. Tedious, though. ETA And so random.