Code of Conduct
o

Default Armaf Club De Nuit Intense Man Opinion.

Like a lot of people here on this section I adore the smell of Aventus but unfortunately Iím not a huge fan of the price (although the splits board here has been great), yesterday I picked up a bottle of Armaf Club De Nuit Intense Man as there seems to be HUGE hype behind this fragrance and at Amazonís current price of £21 I thought why not...

Well it arrived this morning and I now have several reasons as to ďwhy notĒ, first and foremost on initial spray this stuff is horrendous, I get a synthetic, chemically mess close to some sort of lemon cleaning product Iíd use for the toilet. Fortunately at around 30 minutes in the overpowering toxic mess actually settles and begins to mature, you are greeted with Black Currant and the Birch starts to show, the scent seems to be a grower rather than a shower, it seemed to peak around an hour after applying it, at this point the is pleasant and it definitely has an Aventus type vibe to it, but if you are someone who wears Aventus on a regular basis the difference is night and day, they would surely fill a similar space in a collection but itís not an Aventus substitute. Anyone telling you otherwise in my opinion is either trying to convince them self, justify the purchase or simply donít own/wear Aventus and have most likely smelt it in a boutique or bought a shady eBay decant.

Iíve seen it previously described as ďPoor mans AventusĒ and I believe itís exactly that, it gives a similar feel, does share a few similarities (especially after the 1 hour mark), surprisingly the projection and longevity are great, Iím sat here writing this now 10 hours after applying and it still smells strong on my skin and clothes. I guess Iíll cover the part which most people want to here, and thatís compliments and reactions, fortunately Iíve been out most of the day getting Christmas presents in the Black Friday sales so itís had ample opportunity to see what the general reactions are, firstly I picked up a couple of family members, as soon as they got in the car my Mum noticed and immediately complimented the fragrance, she said ďyou are wearing Aventus arenít you?!Ē so although to me itís not overly similar obviously to others it must be. Beyond that I was complimented again by two 20y/oís while in the elevator, a sales assistant in All Saints asked me what I was wearing, I bumped into an old friend and when she hugged me she said that I smelt ďamazing!Ē and finally the barista in Starbucks said that it was the same fragrance that her boyfriend wears (Aventus). Maybe Iíve become a fragrance/Aventus snob as the similarities are there but I still donít think they are that close to each other although the general public appear to disagree with me.

The bottom line: CdNIM stands as itís own thing imo, it feels like a more reserved Aventus, and thatís not a bad thing but it does feel like itís lacking, it projects well, longevity is great on my skin and seems to be a compliment gatherer... but I donít know if I can recommend it as an Aventus replacement, for me, if you are after Aventus buy the real deal retail or head down to the splits board here and pick up a decant bottle for yourself to enjoy (donít buy from Wish or eBay, remember if itís too good to be true it is) personally I feel that chasing these ďclonesĒ only leads to disappointment, a decant not that expensive and youíll be much happier knowing you are wearing the real thing.
    My Top 6 Most Complimented of 2019:-

1). Eros Flame - Versace
    2). Sauvage - Dior
    3). Líhomme - Lacoste
    4). Aventus - Creed
    5). Allure Homme Sport - Chanel
    6), Tommy - Tommy Hilfiger
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Default Re: Armaf Club De Nuit Intense Man Opinion.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. I guess it all depends on why you wear Aventus, if it is for other people to smell that Aventus-like smell from you, then CDNIM will do the job but if you are wearing it for your own pleasure and to experience the nuances in Aventus, then there is no substitute for the real thing.

No wonder you hardly have any response on this topic. Please post this topic on other general male fragrances forum, I am pretty sure you will get lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by surileo View Post
    No wonder you hardly have any response on this topic. Please post this topic on other general male fragrances forum, I am pretty sure you will get lot more.
    It'd probably just get moved right back here to the Aventus subforum, where everything even remotely Aventus-related goes.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyXIII View Post
    for me, if you are after Aventus buy the real deal retail or head down to the splits board here and pick up a decant bottle for yourself to enjoy (don’t buy from Wish or eBay, remember if it’s too good to be true it is) personally I feel that chasing these “clones” only leads to disappointment, a decant not that expensive and you’ll be much happier knowing you are wearing the real thing.
    Well stated!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.