Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
o

Default Re: Dior Sauvage Tops All Men's Fragrance Sales In UK This Christmas Season

Quote Originally Posted by ccdan View Post
    I doubt those charts or lists are genuine... right now among the "bestsellers" at parfumdreams are:

MFK Baccarat Rouge 540 - hard to believe
    Glamfume True Story - never heard of this house
    MM Margiela - Replica - this must be a joke, right?
    MFK A la rose - a barely known frag even among enthusiasts
    Just perhaps this shows the difference of what the enthusiast buys versus what the rest of the world buys.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

Default Re: Dior Sauvage Tops All Men's Fragrance Sales In UK This Christmas Season

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    Yeah, zealot says he smells it all the time too. It must be huge on the west coast of usa, and in the uk. Heck, I see ads for AdG more than dior as well. I've seen more ads for Armani code in the last year than sauvage. It is not even marketed here. Then only marketing I've seen lately was in the actual perfume section. I saw the commercial a couple times when it first came out in like 2016, but never since then. Dior Joy was marketed far more aggressively in my area.
    Sauvage seems to be pretty popular here in Chicago, and it's almost the only fragrance that I ever see marketed for men. Whenever I'm offended by a masculine fragrance, it seems to be that gross chemical concoction.

I doubt those charts or lists are genuine... right now among the "bestsellers" at parfumdreams are:

I don't know, where you've looked but the current top 10 men's fragrances on Parfumdreams are these:

Screenshot_2019-12-05 Top 10 Herrendüfte parfumdreams.jpg

https://www.parfumdreams.de/Top-10-Herrenduefte

And I'm pretty sure, that is very accurate!

My pal sent me this:
    20191205_191805.jpg
    Currently wearing: Worth pour Homme by Worth

a quarter million, tops

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Sauvage seems to be pretty popular here in Chicago, and it's almost the only fragrance that I ever see marketed for men. Whenever I'm offended by a masculine fragrance, it seems to be that gross chemical concoction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifti View Post
    My pal sent me this:
    20191205_191805.jpg

I would think MN would be in the same regional advertising district as Chicago. Maybe I'm just not seeing them. Like I have never seen an ad for Jeremy Fragrance videos. Granted, I have never seen bus stop sign or billboard for any fragrance. I don't take mass transit. Any advertising Ive seen has been commercials, magazines, internet. For tv in the last 2 years say, I have seen Jadore like 15 times, Armani code probably 4 times, invictus 3 times, Gucci guilty 3 times, Gio 3 times, Bloom 5 times. Sauvage a big fat 0. None at all. Le Male once. I think a couple of Chanel feminine ones. I believe you guys when you say its everywhere, it is just not my experience.
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

For example, in Russia Baccarat Rouge is in TOP-3 niche fragrances in Russia. Every restaurant, theatre etc. smells of this.
    A La Rose is extremely popular here as well.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    I would think MN would be in the same regional advertising district as Chicago. Maybe I'm just not seeing them. Like I have never seen an ad for Jeremy Fragrance videos. Granted, I have never seen bus stop sign or billboard for any fragrance.
    I have never seen an ad for Jeremy Fragrance videos, but I also have almost literally zero interest in seeing any because I think fragrance YouTube reviews are stupid and dumb.

I see so much marketing for Sauvage, though, and have for many years--in magazines and on websites and at bus stops and basically anywhere where ads are present. I guess I haven't seen any television commercials for Sauvage (though I'm sure they exist), but I've seen just about every other kind of ad.

I actually saw a TV ad for Sauvage and I usually never watch TV commercials anymore.In my opinion the ad was stupid and not appealing at all. Modern advertising in general is idiotic and obnoxious.The total opposite of how advertising was decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayberry2 View Post
    I actually saw a TV ad for Sauvage and I usually never watch TV commercials anymore.In my opinion the ad was stupid and not appealing at all. Modern advertising in general is idiotic and obnoxious.The total opposite of how advertising was decades ago.
    Yep the good old days are well and truly gone. And sadly this just doesn't stop at scents...

Dependent

Sounds correct.

Basenotes Junkie

Like it or not, it's marketing that's worked. I don't know how these things might be measured, but the campaign for Sauvage must be among the most successful perfumery campaigns ever. What one or two individuals punters might have to say about it on these pages will be a matter of complete indifference to Dior.

And I have to give a mention to the Montblanc Explorer advert I saw on TV yesterday, which is an utter rip-off of the Sauvage advertising. And another clue here: six of the fifteen reviews of Explorer here make a comparison to Sauvage.

Quote Originally Posted by Funwithfrags View Post

And I have to give a mention to the Montblanc Explorer advert I saw on TV yesterday, which is an utter rip-off of the Sauvage advertising. And another clue here: six of the fifteen reviews of Explorer here make a comparison to Sauvage.
    the most dull and boring advert ever -- I flagged it a month ago

what's the message - if you wear Explorer you are likely to jump in a SUV and take a photo of some hills?

Not as bad as the Light Blue commercial with the guy diving off a cliff and standing up in an inflatable raft.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Yep the good old days are well and truly gone. And sadly this just doesn't stop at scents...
    I agree and yes scents are just one example.When you say most things were better decades ago,some like to say that's just nostalgia,but no it is not.It is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Funwithfrags View Post
    Like it or not, it's marketing that's worked. I don't know how these things might be measured, but the campaign for Sauvage must be among the most successful perfumery campaigns ever. What one or two individuals punters might have to say about it on these pages will be a matter of complete indifference to Dior. .
    I have nothing against Diors success with it but wouldn't they have had the same or greater success if for instance they put a bargain label cologne in the bottle such as let's say Addidas,Avon,Jovan Musk etc.Nothing against those labels either.I like Jovan Musk.They did not even have to create Sauvage.I think they could have just brought back one of their classics and it would have been the same blockbuster success.

Basenotes Junkie

I have nothing against Diors success with it but wouldn't they have had the same or greater success if for instance they put a bargain label cologne in the bottle such as let's say Addidas,Avon,Jovan Musk etc.Nothing against those labels either.I like Jovan Musk.They did not even have to create Sauvage.I think they could have just brought back one of their classics and it would have been the same blockbuster success.
    Frankly, I doubt it. I'm no expert in marketing, and have no wish to be, but I do know that one of the four "P"s in marketing is "product". Dior managed to hit all the sweet spots at once with this one, at least in terms of shifting units. Obviously, marketing takes little account of critical acclaim.

I feel it's time again to bring up Super Dacob's review of Sauvage - I think it's brilliant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTZdNJwyhTw

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    I don't know, where you've looked but the current top 10 men's fragrances on Parfumdreams are these:
    And I'm pretty sure, that is very accurate!
    Yeah, that sounds accurate, but on the main page, there's a section called "Unsere Bestseller" where you can scroll the products horizontally ... now there are totally different products from what I had seen a few days ago... besides you can order the products based on "am meisten gekauft" ... you can find m margiela jazz right after acqua di gio and a little below another margiela and baccarat 540 ... https://www.parfumdreams.de/Duefte/Herrenduefte?ord=6

I know Baccarat 540 has a ton of advertising in shopping malls, but I am bit surprised about M Margiela...

List looks very close to what is popular among friends and family. Also reflects what I’m usually smelling in pubs, clubs, the train etc etc... people here may not like them but looking through them they are pretty much mass appealing and generally well received.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed