Code of Conduct
o

Default !creed aventus fake or real help

IMG_8248.jpg[attach=config]113937[/IMG_8242.jpgattach]IMG_8246.jpgIMG_8245.jpgIMG_8244.jpgIMG_8243.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: !creed aventus fake or real help

From your photos, it seems OK to me.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Fake

Quote Originally Posted by Y4S_58 View Post
    Fake
    I'm curious - what gives it away as a fake? Something obvious?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I think its fake too. Are both bottles the same?
    A. The font of the writing on the bottom of the bottle is wrong
    B. The batch codes are strange - unlike any Creed batch code I've seen on the box - and the batch is different on the box than it is on the bottle. (Box says "12D01B"? and the bottle looks like it says "16C01"). Plus the batch code should be written next to the "REF" number at the top on the box sticker.
    C. Creed testers don't come with caps
    D. The bottle on the left, the rider/horse is wrong, as is the font for "Aventus" - looks closer to authentic on the label of the bottle on the right

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I'm curious - what gives it away as a fake? Something obvious?
    What Diaomond Joe said, plus the quickest way to tell in most cases is from the look of the tubing. Look at the coloration and thickness of the tubing in the attached picture.The right one tries to poorly resemble a vintage batch with a thicker tubing but has no metal bb and wrong spring size. The left one is just a thinner, modern style tubing but the color is totally off (not transparent/clear).

Other than that, these 120ml 16C01 bottom parts are extremely off. Also, you can be sure that if a tester box of a Creed frag has the sticker on the front of the box, it most likely is a fake. And if it says 12D01B it becomes even more obvious.IMG_20191204_090317.jpg

100% obvious fake. Those ones with 12D01 on the box, but 16C01 on the bottle are aften seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Y4S_58 View Post
    What Diaomond Joe said, plus the quickest way to tell in most cases is from the look of the tubing. Look at the coloration and thickness of the tubing in the attached picture.The right one tries to poorly resemble a vintage batch with a thicker tubing but has no metal bb and wrong spring size. The left one is just a thinner, modern style tubing but the color is totally off (not transparent/clear).

Other than that, these 120ml 16C01 bottom parts are extremely off. Also, you can be sure that if a tester box of a Creed frag has the sticker on the front of the box, it most likely is a fake. And if it says 12D01B it becomes even more obvious.IMG_20191204_090317.jpg
    Thanks for this analysis. As someone who mostly buys from authorized dealers, I find this type of revelation fascinating.

The atomisers almost always give it away. The other way is to remove the sprayer head and look at the outer ring, it should always be white-coloured.

Yeah I was gonna ask for a pic of the atomizer but in this case, I didn't even think it was necessary as there were enough red flags without even looking under the sprayer.

Now that I look again, the lettering (black paint) on the raised "CREED" logo on the bottles looks off too.

Hate to say it but it is fake and hopefully you can get your money back. There are several bottles that have been faked and they all used "16C01" as a batch code. I have also seen fake Aventus with "15X01". The Counterfeiters are getting crafty knowing if they put batch codes it will trick buyers.