Code of Conduct
o

Question Making my existing perfume last longer?

I have bought some compound perfumes from local shops in my country,

Unfortunately When I spray perfume on myself the smell wont last than 10 minutes ,

Then I bought those items online..

Vetiver - II Essential Oil (10ml)
    Oakmoss Essential Oil (10ml)
    Amber Essential Oil (10 ml)
    Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil (10ml)
    Benzoin Essential Oil 10 ml
    Frankincense Essential Oil (10 ml)
    Eucalyptus Essential Oil (10 ml)
    Sandalwood essential oils (10ml)
    Ambergris tincture (15ml)
    Pure deer black musk (5 ml)

I am looking for good fixation, to make my existing perfume last longer.
    Which Items can I use initially from these above ? , and how many drops can I put inside my existing (50 ml) perfume ?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Making my existing perfume last longer?

Let's start with what is real, and what is not. Amber, Benzoin, and Oakmoss don't have essential oils. Oakmoss and Benzoin have an absolute, and who knows what that Amber is. But if they smell nice to you, then they are probably fine to use, but oakmoss in moderation.
    Whatever that black musk is, it's not likely real deer musk, and you wasted your money.

Next, Eucalyptus and most of the frankincense are topnote like, so they don't fit your need.

But except for the two mentioned above, Euc and Frank, the rest might work for what you want them to do, despite being real or not.

Why didn't you buy Patchouli?

No one can tell you how much to add, because we have no idea how diluted these things are. You are not likely to have bought pure materials, and all have been cut with something. So we can't make any dosage judgments from the other side of the world for you.

Try adding 2.5 ml - 5 ml worth of a blend of these items to your fragrance purchase. In drops, 2.5ml could be about the same as 50 drops. So if you add 5ml / 100 drops, you can figure out the % pretty easily,
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Paul was very kind with his approach, so I will take a more brute one. You are neither a scientist nor an artist, and above all are not an artist who understands some relevant science; this is called a perfumer. Seeing as you are none of this you cannot make a perfume through science, through art, or a combination of the two. Therefore, whatever comes out is not going to be a perfume, but perhaps will be the beginning of a craft. That is up to you, however I will say that if you're searching to make something that smells good and you don't want to spend years of practice doing so, then go ahead and buy a fragrance created by a perfumer at a store. You need to understand what you are asking is akin to asking a guitar player what amp, pick, and guitar strings will allow him to play a song. It is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldWineMemories View Post
    will say that if you're searching to make something that smells good and you don't want to spend years of practice doing so, then go ahead and buy a fragrance created by a perfumer at a store.
    Unless I'm mistaken, the OP did buy fragrances -- compound perfumes from local shops -- and was only asking how to make these alleged perfumes last longer -- not how to make a complete perfume from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by DanaB View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, the OP did buy fragrances -- compound perfumes from local shops -- and was only asking how to make these alleged perfumes last longer -- not how to make a complete perfume from scratch.
    Which is not possible. You cannot just add something to fragrances and have the same fragrance with longer/better/more substantial qualities then it had before; this applies even more so to random perfume oils you've bought at a store and have no idea what is inside of them. How are you supposed to be able to make anything useable if your nose cannot approximate what is inside the perfume, and you lack to knowledge to know if adding patchouli or cedar wood will completely throw off the perfume?

Basenotes Plus

Gold Wine Memories, this question, of course, we receive ad nauseam from people buying clone fragrance oils, who wish to make them last longer, and sell them in their street corners in the developing world. Or even DUA type copycat sellers here in the USA. Of course, we cannot help them, and personally, I refuse to help those sellers stealing from the original creators. Nonetheless, this is a consumer, who bought the products, trying to explore, their own dimensions of scent, and I don't really think that they should receive a vitriolic response.

Of course the additives will change the scent. But that is certainly part of the exercise, and the path of learning.

My very first scent work, (in 2006) was to take Jacomo de Jacomo fragrance and throw a bunch of stuff into it, to reshape it and make it more to my liking. It was of course a first thing to do: start with a known, and augment to find an unknown. Same here... I find no fault here with the OP.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    Gold Wine Memories, this question, of course, we receive ad nauseam from people buying clone fragrance oils, who wish to make them last longer, and sell them in their street corners in the developing world. Or even DUA type copycat sellers here in the USA. Of course, we cannot help them, and personally, I refuse to help those sellers stealing from the original creators. Nonetheless, this is a consumer, who bought the products, trying to explore, their own dimensions of scent, and I don't really think that they should receive a vitriolic response.

Of course the additives will change the scent. But that is certainly part of the exercise, and the path of learning.

My very first scent work, (in 2006) was to take Jacomo de Jacomo fragrance and throw a bunch of stuff into it, to reshape it and make it more to my liking. It was of course a first thing to do: start with a known, and augment to find an unknown. Same here... I find no fault here with the OP.
    Fair enough.