Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
o
    Dependent

Default Re: What is your worst used fragrance purchase experience?

Fakes on ebay and other online sites, but I always get my money back as I am covered by PayPal or the credit card.

1986 bottle of Drakkar Noir I won in an auction. The bottle is real for sure (Cosmair) but the juice inside is weak as hell. Anyone ever wore vintage Drakkar they'll know it's a beast mode fragrance, albeit a love or hate kind of scent. However, mine lasts 30 minutes tops on skin and 1-2 hours on my shirt. So my guess is some notes evaporated or maybe it was just not stored well or something and the elements ruined its beauty. The vintage smell of Drakkar is certainly there so I believe it's the real deal... but it just doesn't last like the vintage did in its glory years. I suppose these are the risks you take when buying vintage fragrances. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Hear, hear! I could state enough cases like this to bring down the entire BN server! More bad experiences as a seller than I'd ever like to remember.
    Ugh.... as someone who is in the process of downsizing a collection I'm in the thick of this stuff right now. Not a pleasurable experience.

Not a purchase but a trade. I swapped for a bottle of Annick Goutal Eau D'Hadrien, since it's my sister's favorite and she was almost out. Now I dunno if the stuff in the Mens bottle is different or it was just old and off but it was really sour, nothing like my sister's and basically a worthless trade. That's on me for not sniffing it till I got home but now I know to test stuff out at fragrance swaps.
    Currently wearing: Knize Ten by Knize

I’ve received fakes and once a sealed bottle that had gone off, I got reimbursed each time, but always a hassle. I have sold a few things on Ebay but always with great trepidation. I could stand to downsize my collection but can’t deal with the stress of selling. Prefer to give things away or sell cheaply to fellow BNers at this point.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Actually from a physical store that sold a box of Hindu Grass they sealed themselves. As the box was just opened days latter far away....The bottle was leaking. It was also lacking the travel cap. Name: Profumeria Castelli in Rome. Never answered me. Sold an used defective bottle as a new one to a dumb tourist.
    Leaking Hindu Grass and leaking Hinoki are confirmation of a real bottle, at least!
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Perry Ellis by Perry Ellis

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    I had many more terrible experiences as a seller than I've ever had as a buyer. So many eBay shoppers are just flat-out nutjobs.
    Everything that's real is fake,
    Everything that's fake is real,
    Doesn't smell like when I was in kindergarten,
    No I won't send anything back,
    Everyone who disagrees is literally Hitler!
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Perry Ellis by Perry Ellis

Only fake I've bought that I'm aware of was a 4oz. bottle of Aventus in 2015. They were scam artists for sure.

Basenotes Plus

Selling on eBay for many many years, I always strive to give my buyers the best experience and product delivered in top condition. Itís a shame others feel the need to bs other people, Iíve kept a solid 100% feedback 100ís on both accounts Iíve had I treat others how Iíd expect to be treated.

Iíve bought fake Acqua Di Gio tester bottles when I first started out, the sprayers were metal actually nice quality and all the way down to the scent was excellent oddly. Always got compliments when wearing it and lasted all day haha, I was so baffled when I eventually found out they were fake when I had resold them to another buyer. It was definitely one of the oddest experiences I had when buying a sealed tester off eBay and after all seemed legit turned out to be a hell of a good fake haha.

Another time was a fake 1 Million, plastic looked of the lowest quality and molding was horrible lol. Spotted it like a sore thumb when I opened it, I had the real thing prior so was no fooling me lol.
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior