Code of Conduct
o

Cool NEWBIE, freshman

Hello everyone,

I have attended a perfume class two years ago and I can't get my mind off it. I have created a nice perfume that my grandma loved. Two years later, and I am still thinking of taking this interest up seriously.

But now I am very much ready to start my DIY hobby. Any tips on further class I can take and perfume - aromachemical, essential oil, raw materials supplier? I would like to gradually start as I am aware how expensive this hobby can be (my Perfumer/teacher warned me so )

I have read from years ago that Perfumers world is a no go, after I have recently bought 10 samples from them. Any other recommendation please

I would really love to recreate that perfume I made two years ago. I have the recipe then but have zero idea where to start buying the same oils as my teacher. Would be a nice gift to my family this Christmas!

Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
    xx
    A

Default Re: NEWBIE, freshman

There is also information within one of the stickies, I think, which will help you more than a single post can.

But briefly I may summarize my take of the most common suppliers for those of us in the US:

Perfumer Supply House: Although they have a lot of items, I believe the total number is less than the next two. However, that said, my belief (personal opinion) is that Christine focuses on really high quality materials suitable for fine fragrance. Even when I am trying new things about which I have little information, the percentage rate of my thinking "This is really good stuff" when receiving it is much higher with PSH than with the next two. This is not a knock on the next two: makers of functional fragrances do need their materials too!!! And I am by no means saying that the same item will be of differing quality. No, generally not. I mention this aspect only because in a sense you will, as personal opinion, when guessing on a material be more likely to get something useful for fine fragrance when guessing from the PSH list rather than the others. You get 5 free samples which can quickly let you build quite a little library at no added cost as your orders build up.

Creatingperfume.com: Perhaps the most items, and very useful for information on each ingredient. As personal opinion, I do think that a material being offered here doesn't really suggest that it's commonly used in fine perfume. Some are, some may not be. Very fine service, great company. You get four free samples.

Perfumers Apprentice: Similar to above except no free samples. Unlike Creatingperfume.com, though, you have access to John Steele and other naturals. (CP has very few naturals.)

Eden Botanicals: Great source of naturals.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Roberts View Post
    There is also information within one of the stickies, I think, which will help you more than a single post can.

But briefly I may summarize my take of the most common suppliers for those of us in the US:

Perfumer Supply House: Although they have a lot of items, I believe the total number is less than the next two. However, that said, my belief (personal opinion) is that Christine focuses on really high quality materials suitable for fine fragrance. Even when I am trying new things about which I have little information, the percentage rate of my thinking "This is really good stuff" when receiving it is much higher with PSH than with the next two. This is not a knock on the next two: makers of functional fragrances do need their materials too!!! And I am by no means saying that the same item will be of differing quality. No, generally not. I mention this aspect only because in a sense you will, as personal opinion, when guessing on a material be more likely to get something useful for fine fragrance when guessing from the PSH list rather than the others. You get 5 free samples which can quickly let you build quite a little library at no added cost as your orders build up.

Creatingperfume.com: Perhaps the most items, and very useful for information on each ingredient. As personal opinion, I do think that a material being offered here doesn't really suggest that it's commonly used in fine perfume. Some are, some may not be. Very fine service, great company. You get four free samples.

Perfumers Apprentice: Similar to above except no free samples. Unlike Creatingperfume.com, though, you have access to John Steele and other naturals. (CP has very few naturals.)

Hi Bill,

Thank you very much! This is great information! I just checked the websites you mentioned, Perfumer's Apprentice is quite pricey when it comes to shipping to Australia.

Eden Botanicals have amazing oils! Made me excited!

Thank you so much! You are very helpful!

A

Basenotes Plus

If you're Aussie, make sure you see the Hermitage oils Australia site.

And you might find some of my bases at Perfumer Supply House.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Roberts View Post

Christine Daley of Perfumer Supply House is amazingly helpful lady.

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    If you're Aussie, make sure you see the Hermitage oils Australia site.

And you might find some of my bases at Perfumer Supply House.
    Thank you very much! Will check out their website now

Thank you kindly