Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which Amouage is better?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reflection Man

    18 58.06%
  • Myths Man

    13 41.94%
Results 1 to 25 of 25
o
  1. #1
    huntsman3
    Guest

    Talking Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    I don't just want your opinion. Can you explain objectively/subjectively which parfum is better and why, even trashing (ridiculing) the other parfum in the process? Give me your funniest/best arguments.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    Own Reflection Man and find it very versatile. Tried Myths Man and it didn't make too much of an impression. I need to try it again, but Reflection Man is just so much more pleasing, crowd-friendly, versatile and babies don't spit up when I'm around them.
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

  3. #3
    huntsman3
    Guest

    Default Re: Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    Own Reflection Man and find it very versatile. Tried Myths Man and it didn't make too much of an impression. I need to try it again, but Reflection Man is just so much more pleasing, crowd-friendly, versatile and babies don't spit up when I'm around them.
    Are they both similarly strong (longevity&sillage) or is one of them longer lasting and more present?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman3 View Post
    Are they both similarly strong (longevity&sillage) or is one of them longer lasting and more present?
    I can't really say in comparison. The day I tried Myths, I tried probably 10 other scents that were pretty potent, high-end niche so that could be why it didn't make much of an impression (too much competition, plus I think I only tried it on a card.) Reflection man is fairly good with longevity and decent in sillage on me (I'd say I get at least 8-10 hrs, perhaps more on skin.) Myths seems to have been similar from what I can remember, but again, I didn't actually try it on skin. Reflection Man, though derivative of Le Male, just smells much more like a classy, statement fragrance whereas Myths is more contemplative, introspective and arty.
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

  5. #5

    Default Re: Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    Reflection smells classy.

    Myths smells like someone who is trying to be classy but got a little too sloshed, dropped his cigarette on his suit and burned a hole in it, and pissed himself.
    Currently wearing: Tiger's Nest by Memo

  6. #6
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    302,300

    Default Re: Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    Having tried both, for me - Reflection Man of the two
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    What Hednic said!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    Quote Originally Posted by avo1811 View Post
    Reflection smells classy.

    Myths smells like someone who is trying to be classy but got a little too sloshed, dropped his cigarette on his suit and burned a hole in it, and pissed himself.
    Haha I agree. Reflection is my vote. Way easier to wear, more crowd-pleasing, compliment-getting fragrance of the two.

  9. #9

    Lovescully's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dulwich Hill, Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    741

    Default Re: Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    Quote Originally Posted by avo1811 View Post
    Myths smells like someone who is trying to be classy but got a little too sloshed, dropped his cigarette on his suit and burned a hole in it, and pissed himself.
    I have to agree with this Myths has a nasty insect repellent top note and then the ash just takes over.

    To be fair though, I don't particularly think that Reflection Man is anywhere near the best that Amouage has to offer. I do own a bottle, but don't reach for it very often at all.
    My current top 10 (subject to change) in no particular order:

    Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Essenza de Zegna, Zegna Essenze Amber Gold, Armani Privé Sable Or, Armani Privé Vétiver Babylone, Mancera Cedrat Bois, Acqua di Giò Profumo, Amouage Dia Man, L'Artisan Explosions d’Emotions: Amour Nocturne, Zegna Essenze Italian Bergamot/Acqua di Bergamotto

  10. #10
    Dependent NickZee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,822
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    Myths is great for me but Reflection Man has the broader appeal and should be prioritised in building an Amouage collection.
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator

  11. #11
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    8,533
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    Myths is one for the ardent iris fan, or someone in love with the Dior Homme and Prada Infusion ranges in particular, being more niche in appeal.

    Reflection compares to MFK APOM Homme or HdP Cassanova with the rounded vanillic coumarin treemoss feel. It's a fougère for the most part.

    I think Reflection wins the battle in what I'd reach for more.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: The Dreamer by Versace

  12. #12
    User of Toilet Water

    Bangkok Hound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    4,281

    Default Re: Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    I think Myths is better, but it's true niche, so won't appeal to most. Reflection is nice and wearable, but not that special

    I just looked over my BN wardrobe and I've worn Reflection 7 times since January 2016. My last wearing of it was about one and a half years ago! I'll make it a point to wear it again soon.

    I've worn Myths 11 times since September 2016 with the last wearing about two months ago.
    Currently wearing: Douleur! by Bogue Profumo

  13. #13
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    43,856

    Default Re: Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    Reflection man of the two, although there are much better choices from Amouage.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

  14. #14

    Default Re: Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    To me there are better Amouages such as Dia Man, Ciel Man, Honour Man, Bracken Man and Jubilation XXV

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    21,850

    Default Re: Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    I prefer Myths because more unique. However, I don't think that either is really the best amouage.

  16. #16
    Dependent Slayerized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    8,459

    Default Re: Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    Myths because it is more my kind of fragrance and 'more me' (like it a lot!).
    My Top '11' of main current rotation in no particular order:

    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Antaeus (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - TF: Ombré Leather
    - Cartier: Santos edt (vtg)
    - Guerlain: Héritage (vtg)
    - Thierry Mugler: A*men
    - SA: Al Basel
    - D&G: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Mancera: Red Tobacco
    - Mancera: Aoud Vanille

  17. #17
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    510

    Default Re: Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    Myths Man because it performs so well I still regret buying 50 ml instead of 100 on the day it made local release...
    I enjoy Myths beginning to end, great longevity, and gets compliments though I do not seek them.
    Reflection Man never made it past the sampling stage as I found it to be underwhelming for an Amouage.
    I have sampled it several times in recognition that there are many fans here.

  18. #18
    Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    21,541

    Default Re: Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    Quote Originally Posted by U2u View Post
    Myths Man because it performs so well I still regret buying 50 ml instead of 100 on the day it made local release...
    I enjoy Myths beginning to end, great longevity, and gets compliments though I do not seek them.
    Reflection Man never made it past the sampling stage as I found it to be underwhelming for an Amouage.
    I have sampled it several times in recognition that there are many fans here.
    I agree with this. I thought Reflection Man was the poorest Amouage I've ever tried. Myths is much better, much more interesting.

  19. #19
    Moderator
    rum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK / Île de chypre
    Posts
    13,474

    Default Re: Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Myths is one for the ardent iris fan, or someone in love with the Dior Homme and Prada Infusion ranges in particular, being more niche in appeal.

    Reflection compares to MFK APOM Homme or HdP Cassanova with the rounded vanillic coumarin treemoss feel. It's a fougère for the most part.

    I think Reflection wins the battle in what I'd reach for more.
    I agree, Myths is great for iris fans but the added ash/smoke is an issue for me. Lots of synthetics here which are an issue for me...

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Reflection man of the two, although there are much better choices from Amouage.
    Yep, agree with you and ZC - I'd pick Reflection (if I had to) as it sits closer to my tastes than Myths.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    To me there are better Amouages such as Dia Man, Ciel Man, Honour Man, Bracken Man and Jubilation XXV
    Very true. Whilst all these are nice, my (current) favourite is Epic Man. Luscious green and fresh wood notes with an outstanding frankincense to underpin the whole thing.

  20. #20
    huntsman3
    Guest

    Default Re: Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    I'm very certain that it matters where you buy your Amouage samplers from. I bought Reflection Man and Myths Man first on that website (ausliebezumduft.de) and it smelled like fresh out of a new bottle. Then I bought Memoir Man and Reflection Man (again) from parfumsalon.de (berlin) and it performed much worse. Especially Reflection was not recognizable. On ausliebezumduft it smelled strong and powdery. On parfumsalon it smelled weak and old. I suggest you try Reflection Man again. I bought it from parfumsalon lastly because sadly ausliebezumduft somehow only sells Amouage Woman Samplers anymore but not any of the Man line, I don't know why...

  21. #21
    Moderator
    rum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK / Île de chypre
    Posts
    13,474

    Default Re: Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman3 View Post
    I'm very certain that it matters where you buy your Amouage samplers from. I bought Reflection Man and Myths Man first on that website (ausliebezumduft.de) and it smelled like fresh out of a new bottle. Then I bought Memoir Man and Reflection Man (again) from parfumsalon.de (berlin) and it performed much worse. Especially Reflection was not recognizable. On ausliebezumduft it smelled strong and powdery. On parfumsalon it smelled weak and old. I suggest you try Reflection Man again. I bought it from parfumsalon lastly because sadly ausliebezumduft somehow only sells Amouage Woman Samplers anymore but not any of the Man line, I don't know why...
    I did own Reflection at one point and though the soft powdery notes were wonderful. After a few wears I'm not sure what changed (perhaps wore it in the wrong environment? Amouage purposefully market this as one for warmer weather which is weird) and I got a little sick from it. Same sort of way as CdG 2 Man (that I know for sure is an ISO E Super bomb). Long story short I don't own it now and I am back with my very first Amouage and doing great with it.

    Over on Fragrantica there are some threads that allege Reflection varies vastly between Made in UK and Made in Oman bottles. I had an Oman bottle (current version) and it was way too strong. Obviously my tolerance levels for 'strong' could be vastly different from others'.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Reflection man of the two, although there are much better choices from Amouage.
    agreed, while i actually do like both releases i probably wont ever own either one.
    Currently wearing: Tiger's Nest by Memo

  23. #23
    huntsman3
    Guest

    Default Re: Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Reflection man of the two, although there are much better choices from Amouage.
    Like what? The overhyped Interlude Man that got reformulated or its boring brother Epic Man?

  24. #24
    huntsman3
    Guest

    Default Re: Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    Which is better as a signature scent? Reflection Man pr Myths Man?

  25. #25
    Moderator
    rum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK / Île de chypre
    Posts
    13,474

    Default Reflection Man vs Myths Man | Amouage

    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman3 View Post
    Which is better as a signature scent? Reflection Man pr Myths Man?
    Honestly if I had to choose, I’d go with Reflection as it’s easier to wear everyday than Myths.




Similar Threads

  1. Reflection Man vs Myths Man - Amouage
    By huntsman3 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 27th May 2019, 12:18 PM
  2. Amouage Reflection Man vs Myths Man
    By huntsman3 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 24th April 2019, 01:48 PM
  3. New Amouage: Myths
    By purplelilac in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 3rd February 2019, 07:47 AM
  4. New Amouage - Myths
    By chopwet in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 14th December 2017, 11:09 AM
  5. Amouage Myths
    By R.ay in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15th July 2016, 02:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000