Code of Conduct
o

Default Sampled Zoologist Bee

Smells like like grape juice (Ribena for those familiar) and honey. The Ribena effect fades over time or blends in with the honey scent and eventually you’re left with just honey, but not actual honey, rather, an accord made of non honey ingredients meant to smell like honey, and ends up capturing the essence of honey if not honey itself.

Default Re: Sampled Zoologist Bee

Thanks for the review! Overall would you say you like it? Travel spray or full bottle worthy?

Isn’t Ribena made of black currant, not grape?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by litworth View Post
    Smells like like grape juice (Ribena for those familiar) and honey. The Ribena effect fades over time or blends in with the honey scent and eventually you’re left with just honey, but not actual honey, rather, an accord made of non honey ingredients meant to smell like honey, and ends up capturing the essence of honey if not honey itself.
    Thanks for sharing your impression. Pass.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

It actual does smell more like black currant than grape now that you say it. The scent is a pass for me. It’s not a bad fragrance at all, but it’s too sweet for me and then are much better honey fragrances out there. As an example, I am going to Saks today to buy back to black by Kilian. If someone were looking for a scent that is just pure honey, they may find Zoologist Bee to be worth it.

Also, I forgot to mention - this has ALOT of beeswax in it. Too much beeswax! I think if they toned down the beeswax it would be a nicer scent to my nose. Can’t believe I forgot to mention the beeswax.

Freed from BN Institution

Nice impressions, thanks for sharing.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Derby by Guerlain

I need to check this out. Big fan Zoologist. This one sounds completely different from the other Zoologists I've tried.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Basenotes Plus

I do love Slowdive. Is this one duplicating that one s lot?
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

Thanks for the review. I was reading about this earlier today.

One member has this mentioned for an upcoming split and I may use that avenue to try this myself
    My Top 5, In no particular order
    1). Creed Aventus - S042C13ZZ01
    2). Creed Aventus - C42C14F01
    3). Creed Aventus - FP42C14A02
    4). Creed Aventus - A42B11Y02
    5). Creed Aventus - A42C13Z01
    Currently wearing: Speakeasy by Frapin

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    I do love Slowdive. Is this one duplicating that one s lot?

As an owner of both I would say it depends.

I am doing a side by side of the two today and if I was a typical casual user of such products, yes, they could fill the same slot in a close enough fashion.

On the other hand if you batter your wallet with never ending fragrance purchases and spend too much time on Basenotes...

And you want the option of choosing something with a respectable tobacco or a little more beeswax then they differentiate themselves enough in the first half hour to justify owning both. And so it goes into dry down with each sniff bringing out the different facets of each scent. Slowdive has incredible performance and lasting power for an all natural. Bee goes on until your next shower but relies on the benefit of many synthetics.

I greatly respect Hiram Green for his one man show, creative use of naturals, putting out solid performers with each release, and his minimalistic packaging that fully does the job. The bottles feel and look fantastic.

Zoologist is a one man show at the director and packaging/marketing level. Bee doesn't have the minimalistic appeal or in hand feel but the attention to detail is beyond reproach and the presentation is flawless. The Bee bottles are new and the best Zoologist has put out. The Special Edition packaging I would rate a close second to that of Squid.

If you have a large number of fragrances and enjoy the nuances of the different houses or even presentation for collection purposes then no, they don't fill the same slot. You need both.

Sniffed this on paper over the weekend.

First impressions are honey, honey, bit of hard to distinguish floral, honey, honey, beeswax, honey.

Tabac Rouge is about as honey as I would like to wear so this one isn't for me. That said it does smell very nice and I'm sure there will be plenty of fans.
    Currently wearing: Oud Wood by Tom Ford

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by U2u View Post

I am doing a side by side of the two today and if I was a typical casual user of such products, yes, they could fill the same slot in a close enough fashion.

On the other hand if you batter your wallet with never ending fragrance purchases and spend too much time on Basenotes...

And you want the option of choosing something with a respectable tobacco or a little more beeswax then they differentiate themselves enough in the first half hour to justify owning both. And so it goes into dry down with each sniff bringing out the different facets of each scent. Slowdive has incredible performance and lasting power for an all natural. Bee goes on until your next shower but relies on the benefit of many synthetics.

I greatly respect Hiram Green for his one man show, creative use of naturals, putting out solid performers with each release, and his minimalistic packaging that fully does the job. The bottles feel and look fantastic.

Zoologist is a one man show at the director and packaging/marketing level. Bee doesn't have the minimalistic appeal or in hand feel but the attention to detail is beyond reproach and the presentation is flawless. The Bee bottles are new and the best Zoologist has put out. The Special Edition packaging I would rate a close second to that of Squid.

If you have a large number of fragrances and enjoy the nuances of the different houses or even presentation for collection purposes then no, they don't fill the same slot. You need both.
    Thank you!
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

Quote Originally Posted by U2u View Post

And this review is why I love Basenotes. Thank you, U2u.