Code of Conduct
o

Default Blind buy: Hommage Voyageur - what am I in for!

Haha, couldn't help it. Been on my radar for a while and couldn't pass up. Soft spot for Lalique an'all.
    Reviews as expected are varied, but this caught my eye : "The heart of this scent is just plain perfect. Here you can clearly get whiffs from Zino Davidoff - no surprise that both created by Michel Almairac."

Default Re: Blind buy: Hommage Voyageur - what am I in for!

This is the worst Lalique release I've tried. A halfhearted vetiver and patchouli scent that feels like an unfinished Encre Noire flanker.

I had it and gave it away.
    It literally hurts my nose when sniffing too close as it has an ultra harsh and piercing synthetic Cardamom (?) note on top which is simply disgusting.
    Without this note it could have been an "ok" scent.
    I wouldn't recommend blindbuying it and would go for L'Insoumis instead, which I found to be a lot nicer (aside the Encre Noire line).

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bzios Brasil

I personally happen to like it, and you might also. You'll have to see.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I hate to add another voice of dissent here, but I was also disappointed with this and gave it away. Steamy cardamom compost would be my most succinct take. Granted cardamom-forward scents also don’t work well with my skin chemistry, but this just seems kind of mucky and unfinished overall. I like the original Hommage much better. Hope it works out for you though - it does have its fans so it can’t be all that bad to everyone.
    "To 'give style' to one's character-- a great and rare art!" - Nietzsche

"I got my own style; you put my shoes on, you wouldn't last a mile" - Mac Dre

Cheers for the feedback folks!
    I'm quite partial to cardamom and some musty fustiness , lol so well see.
    Haha another one of the couldn't sleep 5am purchase!!

Freed from BN Institution

I'm not big on cardamom but if it blends well with other notes that would work me. For this fragrance however, I didn't care for it much. Then again your nose will likely be different from mine.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I liked the original after a "blind" buy based on the reviews here, and was not disappointed. Very unusual and good. Got a sample of this flanker and have mixed feelings. More normal, less interesting. I do like the somewhat awkward woody notes, and might buy a cheap bottle if it appears as a steal.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

Received today!
    Well a very interesting fragrance indeed. My nose brain keep trying to figure out what other fragrances to reference.
    No way similar to the original, bar it has that 'of the orient' vibe. Pretty rich and woodsy. I get the dark 'blue' ideas. Got that top heavy and then deceiving ( there not there) presence of the original, and I feel its got the same 'gonna take me months' to 'work it out'. Hmmmm... looking forward to spending time with this.
    I get a nice rubberiness

Quote Originally Posted by Ifti View Post
    Received today!
    Well a very interesting fragrance indeed. My nose brain keep trying to figure out what other fragrances to reference.
    No way similar to the original, bar it has that 'of the orient' vibe. Pretty rich and woodsy. I get the dark 'blue' ideas. Got that top heavy and then deceiving ( there not there) presence of the original, and I feel its got the same 'gonna take me months' to 'work it out'. Hmmmm... looking forward to spending time with this.
    I get a nice rubberiness
    What matters is how you feel about it when you wear it. This game is very subjective. Trust me I know what I'm talking about. I now have a total of 8 scents in my collection.

Based on all testing experiences had so far, this turned out to be a decent value fragrance with good performance as well (especially during its base/final development)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Based on all testing experiences had so far, this turned out to be a decent value fragrance with good performance as well (especially during its base/final development)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kilroy View Post
    What matters is how you feel about it when you wear it. This game is very subjective. Trust me I know what I'm talking about. I now have a total of 8 scents in my collection.
    Sure thing, cheers folks!
    Yes I'm concious that I'm sub-conciously(!) trying to fit it into the jigsaw that is a warbrobe - Same as the original in that respect!
    Also getting the inky (I always felt it liqourice-like) sweet note from EN and see why this is closer to that than HALH. Much thicker and almost cacao like ( I see why Heritage was mentioned in the same threads as this.) Has a warmth to it that I see performing well in cold temps.
    Haha enigmatic .

Blog Entries

I found it ok, a bit bland. Much prefer the original
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator

I had it and also gave it away. Some aspects of it reminded meof Jovoy's Private Label which i love, so ultimately i was always comparing them and found that the Lalique only disappointed me.

Always be smelling

I have this and had the original. I like this one much better than the original (which I swapped away).
    It is a very good fragrance and price is a bonus
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Basenotes Junkie Andy the frenchy's Avatar

Good safe office frag. Cardamom and patch supported by vetiver. Nothing groundbreaking, but nice.
    Currently wearing: Private Label by Jovoy

Don't ask if you want your buy to be blind!

Quote Originally Posted by Ifti View Post
    Sure thing, cheers folks!
    Yes I'm concious that I'm sub-conciously(!) trying to fit it into the jigsaw that is a warbrobe - Same as the original in that respect!
    Also getting the inky (I always felt it liqourice-like) sweet note from EN and see why this is closer to that than HALH. Much thicker and almost cacao like ( I see why Heritage was mentioned in the same threads as this.) Has a warmth to it that I see performing well in cold temps.
    Haha enigmatic .
    Seems like you like it which is great.

For myself it's one of those fragrances that hurt my nose and I can't really make out much of an accord. From what I do smell seems so so. I should try my sample again however.

The original Hommage a Lhomme is a staple for me. Something easy to grab in the cool morning.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Pomegranate Noir, Midnight in Paris EDP, Feeling Man, Essence of John Galliano, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Aramis Calligraphy Rose, Penhaligon's Esprit de Roi, PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Seems like you like it which is great.

For myself it's one of those fragrances that hurt my nose and I can't really make out much of an accord. From what I do smell seems so so. I should try my sample again however.

The original Hommage a Lhomme is a staple for me. Something easy to grab in the cool morning.
    50/50. Prolly need a full day in the wild with it
    Finding it quite rich, like too much cake! Kinda gummy rubbery vibe going on, has a real dense quality that reminded me of Bogart PH and Kenzo Homme ( not keen on these) strange beast. Cant work it out.
    Jury's out!!