Code of Conduct
o

Default Caron Yatagan discontinued???

Today I wanted to start buying some of the Caron colognes line up Por un Homme , The 3rd Man and Yatagan..last week I saw it still available on fragnet I didn't buying then when I should've very decent price ..so today reading some of the post and someone saying it got discontinued..is this true?? So I settled to buy 3rd Man ...still Yatagan vintage bottle can still be found aswell PuH and 3rd..I should of bought it when I had the chance , so when I'm done buying current version of Caron's line up , if i like enough I'll start buying vintages..what other Caron colog es worth buying how's L'Anarchiste and Yuzo?
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Default Re: Caron Yatagan discontinued???

Quote Originally Posted by DrJones154 View Post
    how's L'Anarchiste and Yuzo?
    Both very nice and worth making an effort to try IMO.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

a quarter million, tops

Yea, Zealot mentioned it. First id heard. Started zooming around the ol interweb and couldnt find anything about it beyond the normal rumblings. But the market seems to have dried up lately, as it was recently widely available for 35 dollars and is more in the $60 range now. Yikes. Ive got 1 backup. Might need more. Time to hoard.
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

a quarter million, tops

Never tried Yuzu, L'anarchist is a strange thing. There is some toothpaste feel to it. I thought about buying it, and still might just because of my Caron love, but just wasnt crazy about it. Tried it again, eh. It reminds me of Viking by creed a bit.
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    Never tried Yuzu, L'anarchist is a strange thing. There is some toothpaste feel to it. I thought about buying it, and still might just because of my Caron love, but just wasnt crazy about it. Tried it again, eh. It reminds me of Viking by creed a bit.
    And all the prices recently changed quickly, yes it was about 35$ for a 2.5oz bottle and like 40-50$for 4oz now it went up like 30$ it's not on fragx or Fragnet when last week both was stocked..I love Devin and I keep reading it's similar but better , there vintages out there for a decent price , my excited for 3rd man to arrive I've noticed the juice on 3rd man is a lighter green and the vintage is darker green how is the new batches on Yatagan ,PuH, 3rd man all 3 still petty much available, Yatagan prices in vintage and current is all over place from 60$ to 250$ smh

Caron Paris still lists it on its website. No worries. Yatagan is still around and it's one of my favorites. I also enjoy L'Anarchiste and 3rd Man.

Here is what happened. Caron recently had to pull most of their feminine range off of the market. Pour un Homme, Yatagan, and 3rd Man are not pulled from the market. This is a fact. I watched by the day the stock of Yatagan either get bought out or more likely taken off the market by sellers in order to create false urgency so you would buy them at inflated prices when they caught wind of what was going on at Caron. If you're willing to wait however long until in the future when more grey market shipments are made then you will probably be able to buy it close to if not at the original prices. That is unless this hit causes Caron to go out of business in which case we may lose some of the best perfumes on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldWineMemories View Post
    Here is what happened. Caron recently had to pull most of their feminine range off of the market. Pour un Homme, Yatagan, and 3rd Man are not pulled from the market. This is a fact. I watched by the day the stock of Yatagan either get bought out or more likely taken off the market by sellers in order to create false urgency so you would buy them at inflated prices when they caught wind of what was going on at Caron. If you're willing to wait however long until in the future when more grey market shipments are made then you will probably be able to buy it close to if not at the original prices. That is unless this hit causes Caron to go out of business in which case we may lose some of the best perfumes on the market.
    God forbid. In this case might be time to stock up on 3'rd Man too and PuH.

3'rd man is what I'd call a "comfort scent". I know you like Aramis PH, I get a similar comfort feeling from that. Feels like a soft cosy blanket of good feeling.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    Yea, Zealot mentioned it. First id heard. Started zooming around the ol interweb and couldnt find anything about it beyond the normal rumblings. But the market seems to have dried up lately, as it was recently widely available for 35 dollars and is more in the $60 range now. Yikes. Ive got 1 backup. Might need more. Time to hoard.
    One bottle should last me a lifetime so Imma let all the lovers of this hoard it for themselves. It might be brought back and just temporarily discontinued while reformulations happen (since it wasn't listed as DC'd by Caron), but it has indeed dried up.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kilroy View Post
    God forbid. In this case might be time to stock up on 3'rd Man too and PuH.

3'rd man is what I'd call a "comfort scent". I know you like Aramis PH, I get a similar comfort feeling from that. Feels like a soft cosy blanket of good feeling.
    Aramis is one of my all time favorite current or vintage much perfer vintage but current is just fine

a quarter million, tops

Im gonna wait it out. We'll see.

Blog Entries

Last I heard Caron had to destroy stock for non-compliance with IFRA or something similar. Reforms will surely be on the way.
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator

a quarter million, tops

Quote Originally Posted by NickZee View Post
    Last I heard Caron had to destroy stock for non-compliance with IFRA or something similar. Reforms will surely be on the way.
    I remember that. I was thinking we'd see a grey market surge. Obviously i was wrong.

If Yatagan is gone, it's no big deal. Plenty of alternatives. Two that I think are much better: Quorum (dirt cheap) and MFK's Lumiere Noir (superb artemisia scent which is much longer lasting than the Caron and has a better balance of notes).
    Currently wearing: Quorum by Antonio Puig

a quarter million, tops

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    If Yatagan is gone, it's no big deal. Plenty of alternatives. Two that I think are much better: Quorum (dirt cheap) and MFK's Lumiere Noir (superb artemisia scent which is much longer lasting than the Caron and has a better balance of notes).
    I will sample Lumiere Noir. Love MFK.

Recall that Caron (under new ownership) issued a recall due to inaccurate ingredients. Perhaps this is a consequence?

Also, with new ownership, I wouldn't be surprised if Caron would be taken upmarket because capitalism.

Yuzu is disappointing. Starts off with the namesake note, which is pleasant, but goes very floral soon after. I find it stifling.

Basenotes Plus

Vintage Yatagan is fantastic
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

Basenotes Plus

Yatagan is wonderful stuff, but certainly has a very particular personality. I can’t think of anything that would be a direct replacement, honestly, only siblings in sharp, masculine, woodsy tone.

Quote Originally Posted by onethinline View Post
    Yatagan is wonderful stuff, but certainly has a very particular personality. I can’t think of anything that would be a direct replacement, honestly, only siblings in sharp, masculine, woodsy tone.
    To my nose, Aramis Devin would be the most logical replacement. Same wheelhouse, at least, and just as inexpensive.

I pulled the trigger on 3rd Man and PuH when I heard that Caron might be destroying stock. Yatagan is excellent for what it is, but just not my style. Still kind of wishing I’d purchased a bottle, but I don’t think I’d wear it all that often.

Basenotes Junkie Andy the frenchy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrJones154 View Post
    how's L'Anarchiste
    Not blind buy safe for the average joe, for sure.
    I love Le 3eme Homme, like/love Yatagan, but dislike L'Anarchiste.

Still plenty of stock around, and it's still on the Caron website. Fear not.

I'm sure glad I bought a bottle before it became hard to find, as this is one of my favorites. I guess I'll be rationing...