Code of Conduct
o

Default Can no longer smell that amazing dry down, wtf do I do??

So here's the thing. I dunno if my nose has changed or what with this stuff, but basically I've never bought the real stuff, but I've gone into Fenwicks (UK) one of the only places that does it, and given myself a good dousing a few times, today maybe cuz it's christmas anyone was just allowed to help themselves.

So I've tried both main clones, Mont Blanc Explorer and Armaf De Nuit. I bought the Armaf and find it ridiculously strong straight off the "wet-up" (my own word), and the problem with it is the dry-down never seems to arrive. But I think it does for other people, just not me. No matter how long it's been on, if I whiff my wrist it still smells precisely like I've literally just sprayed it.

So today, now being alot more experienced with constant Armaf, I tested the real Aventus again to see if the same thing happens. Aventus is way weaker for a start, but gives you much less of a sore nose/throat as a result. I sprayed about ten squirts all over me. But again, even the real stuff, I'm completely immune to the dry-down, and that is after all, THE most important and famous, pussy moistening thing about Aventus.

So does this happen with everyone? Do you just become immune to it when spraying it upon your self? cheers

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Default Re: Can no longer smell that amazing dry down, wtf do I do??

Quote Originally Posted by Marlow77 View Post
    S
    So does this happen with everyone? Do you just become immune to it when spraying it upon your self? cheers
    Can't say I have personally ever experienced that.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

With 10 sprays your easily going to go nose blind to Aventus holy @$&?! Itís not as weak as you feel it is it fatigues the nose easily everyone around you clearly smells it. Less is more 4-5 sprays tops man, 3-4 is usually plenty never had performance issues with Creed Aventus.

a quarter million, tops

10 sprays of Aventus is definitely there. People are smelling you. Especially if it is a newer bottle. Those sprayers are fire hoses.
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

I can smell it alright, but like I say it's only the early tones I can smell, not the dry-down.

Also if I'm anyhwere near someone with One Million, that's all I can smell, so think I'm being completely out whiffed. But I think again that's jus cuz u always smell everyone else's more than your own anyway...?

Your nose is fatigued of Aventus. Lay off the scent for a week or two. You'll appreciate it more, trust me.

Apply two sprays to each of the forearms, away from your neck/chest/head. You go nose blind quick when it's applied close to the head area, trust me. I have older bottles, and newer ones- all have that amazing dry-down. The dry-down is best after the 8 hour mark I find. Sometimes even lasts till the next day.

10 sprays is insane! You are definitely drowning out the 1 Million guys. Question though, why do you want to drown people out? My impression with the opposite sex is that they appreciate subtlety. They don't want to be thinking "who the hell doused themselves in cologne!". They want to catch gentle whiffs and follow the smell and find the man who smells so alluring. Girls find you sexier when they chase you My 2 cents anyways.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by mustardsalad View Post
    Your nose is fatigued of Aventus. Lay off the scent for a week or two. You'll appreciate it more, trust me.

Yeah 10 sprays from a travel atomiser might be ok, but from the bottle, that's nuts.
    "Colourless green ideas sleep furiously."
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

All good advice from every post in here.....I'd also recommend not wearing it as much. Maybe three times a week or so. Or take a week off from it and then get back to it.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren