Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 14 of 14
o
  1. #1
    Basenotes Junkie Joe Kilroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Nicaragua
    Posts
    913

    Default you are walking along the notorious El Camino rope bridge

    which overhangs the 5000 ft El Camino ravine. This rope bridge is triggered to collapse if the weight exceeds 1 x 100 ml bottles of cologne.

    In your rucksack you have five 100 ml bottles of the following fragrances, so you have to ditch four of them or plunge to your death at the bottom of the ravine

    when the rope bridge collapses. Which one will you keep ?


    1) Encre Noir Extreme

    2) Jaipur Homme

    3) Bogart Pour Homme

    4) Nicolai- Cologne Sologne

    5) Caron Pour Homme

  2. #2

    Default Re: you are walking along the notorious El Camino rope bridge

    Caron Pour Un Homme. Before you ask, it also works for the desert island scenario.
    Currently wearing: Zen for Men by Shiseido

  3. #3
    Basenotes Junkie Joe Kilroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Nicaragua
    Posts
    913

    Default Re: you are walking along the notorious El Camino rope bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    Caron Pour Un Homme. Before you ask, it also works for the desert island scenario.
    Does it work for the desert island scenario? Oh...damn...just read the last bit.

  4. #4
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    301,730

    Default Re: you are walking along the notorious El Camino rope bridge

    Caron Pour Homme
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  5. #5
    Basenotes Plus
    PStoller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,619

    Default Re: you are walking along the notorious El Camino rope bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kilroy View Post
    which overhangs the 5000 ft El Camino ravine. This rope bridge is triggered to collapse if the weight exceeds 1 x 100 ml bottles of cologne.

    In your rucksack you have five 100 ml bottles of the following fragrances, so you have to ditch four of them or plunge to your death at the bottom of the ravine

    when the rope bridge collapses. Which one will you keep ?


    1) Encre Noir Extreme

    2) Jaipur Homme

    3) Bogart Pour Homme

    4) Nicolai- Cologne Sologne

    5) Caron Pour Homme
    The only one of these I’ve worn is the Caron, which, unlike the others here, I would willingly toss into the void. However, I am so terrified of heights, I’m afraid to get up in the morning, so if there’s one place I can guarantee you I will never, ever be, it’s walking across the notorious El Camino Rope Bridge.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

  6. #6

    Default Re: you are walking along the notorious El Camino rope bridge

    Easy. While holding onto the other four bottles, spray the Bogart Pour Homme downward and float upward on its sillage. It should carry you a couple of city blocks.
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

  7. #7
    Basenotes Junkie Joe Kilroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Nicaragua
    Posts
    913

    Default Re: you are walking along the notorious El Camino rope bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    Easy. While holding onto the other four bottles, spray the Bogart Pour Homme downward and float upward on its sillage. It should carry you a couple of city blocks.
    this was the correct answer. Well done. You solved it.

  8. #8
    a quarter million, tops
    notspendingamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Middleof, Nowhere
    Posts
    1,932

    Default Re: you are walking along the notorious El Camino rope bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    The only one of these I’ve worn is the Caron, which, unlike the others here, I would willingly toss into the void. However, I am so terrified of heights, I’m afraid to get up in the morning, so if there’s one place I can guarantee you I will never, ever be, it’s walking across the notorious El Camino Rope Bridge.
    Mega dittos on literally this whole post. I may have as well written it.
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

  9. #9
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,757

    Default Re: you are walking along the notorious El Camino rope bridge

    Not familiar with these but I am picturing Indiana Jones throwing out the Sankara stones in Temple of Doom, only in this case, they're cologne bottles. Then he cuts the bridge.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

  10. #10
    Basenotes Junkie Joe Kilroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Nicaragua
    Posts
    913

    Default Re: you are walking along the notorious El Camino rope bridge

    thanks for entering into the sprite

  11. #11

    Default Re: you are walking along the notorious El Camino rope bridge

    Can't I walk back and forth taking one bottle at a time? Wearing different fake moustaches (which I always carry in my backpack for situations like this).

    Anyway, I only know these

    2) Jaipur Homme

    3) Bogart Pour Homme

    5) Caron Pour Homme

    Think I'd actually take Jaipur out of these. Bit bored of the Caron these days, even though it was a top favourite once.

  12. #12
    Basenotes Junkie Joe Kilroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Nicaragua
    Posts
    913

    Default Re: you are walking along the notorious El Camino rope bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Can't I walk back and forth taking one bottle at a time? Wearing different fake moustaches (which I always carry in my backpack for situations like this).

    Anyway, I only know these

    2) Jaipur Homme

    3) Bogart Pour Homme

    5) Caron Pour Homme

    Think I'd actually take Jaipur out of these. Bit bored of the Caron these days, even though it was a top favourite once.

    Can Jaipur be compared to anything? It sounds like a curry.

  13. #13

    Default Re: you are walking along the notorious El Camino rope bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kilroy View Post
    Can Jaipur be compared to anything? It sounds like a curry.
    Very roughly (they're not that close), Shalimar and Habit Rouge as well. Vanilla, powder, quite rich. EDT and EDP are a bit different also. There will be a threads about that here.

  14. #14

    Default Re: you are walking along the notorious El Camino rope bridge

    Close tie between Caron pour un Homme and Bogart pour Homme, but probably the Caron will be chosen




Similar Threads

  1. The Bridge EDT
    By Dtc7 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29th March 2014, 06:07 PM
  2. Notorious Notes
    By anomie et ivoire in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 31st July 2012, 04:29 PM
  3. Got my bottle of Notorious!
    By Elf in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27th September 2008, 05:05 PM
  4. OT: Wallets - bridge
    By rbeloche in forum Yahoo Groups Messages
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 7th June 2003, 10:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000