Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
o
    Basenotes Institution

Default SOTD: Monday, 9th December, 2019

Scent of the Day Thread for Monday, 9th December, 2019

Useful Links
    * SOTD for yesterday, Sunday, 8th December, 2019 (FFD)
    * SOTD for yesterday, Sunday, 8th December, 2019 (MFD)
    * SOTD Feature

Basenotes Robot's SOTD
    Today I'm wearing: Roots by Sarah Horowitz Parfums

Bloop bloop bleep

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: SOTD: Monday, 9th December, 2019

Poivre Pomelo by Atelier Materi

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Freed from BN Institution

Starting the week with Guerlain Derby
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Monday, 9th December, 2019

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

It's hot here, expecting a top of 38C (100F) but the relative humidity is about 21% so the air isn't humid. If, anything it's a bit too dry - the lack of moisture is harsh on hair & skin.

I'm currently wearing Sandalwood Body Splash by Mount Romance which has very good longevity for something called a body splash. Love the aroma of this & it smells amazing in the heat. It's mainly, just sandalwood but it never gets boring!

Have a good day!
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Dependent

------------------------------------------------
    For what its worth!

Polo (Cosmair)

hello all,

Sillage Monster

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleCat View Post
    It's hot here, expecting a top of 38C (100F) but the relative humidity is about 21% so the air isn't humid. If, anything it's a bit too dry - the lack of moisture is harsh on hair & skin.

I'm currently wearing Sandalwood Body Splash by Mount Romance which has very good longevity for something called a body splash. Love the aroma of this & it smells amazing in the heat. It's mainly, just sandalwood but it never gets boring!

Have a good day!
    Cuddlecat, dry heat isn’t kind to wrinkles. A little humidity plumps up the skin I think. Are the bush fires still burning?
    Note to self: Choose being kind over being right, and you’ll be right every time.

Ambre et Vanille.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.
    Currently wearing: Cote d'Azur by Avon

Blog Entries

Morning all!

The overnight winds & rain have cleared to leave a bright & breezy day. l'm wearing Eau de Shalimar for my late shift.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Ghost by Ghost

Good morning everyone Sotd is L'air du desert marocain.

Basenotes Plus

Hello and best to everyone. Chanel Coromandel today.

Wish you all a great start to your week.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

,,,,,,,,,,,,vtg.

Good morning all! I've put up the Christmas trees, decorated all but the miniature one, wrapped several gifts and we put up outdoor lights while the Mr. was off last week. After all that, still not feelin' it this year. Still so much work ahead to get ready for our hosting duties. One of these years, I'm going to figure out a way to pawn the family Christmas off on someone younger.

Hoping the boss lady Mitsouko will kick me into high gear this morning; if nothing else, she smells glorious on this already very rainy day. Have a good Monday, all!

Sillage Monster

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    ... Still so much work ahead to get ready for our hosting duties. One of these years, I'm going to figure out a way to pawn the family Christmas off on someone younger.
    We gave up hosting Christmas dinner years ago. We host Thanksgiving and another part of our extended family, one with younger children, hosts Christmas. Their kids love to stay home to play with their Santa gifts. Our tradition is to serve a low key Christmas brunch with immediate family, usually with latkes and bagels & lox. Add the movie A Christmas Story playing in the background and it’s quite festive with no stress!

I’m wearing Guerlain Heritage again today. I’ll keep wearing it until something else strikes my fancy.

Have a good day.
    Note to self: Choose being kind over being right, and you’ll be right every time.

May I come to your Christmas, TL? Sounds absolutely perfect! Totally agree with the kids being able to stay home; we spent the Christmases of my youth driving around to various family members' homes and I can vouch, that's no way to do it. Yours sounds so much fun! Just be careful you don't shoot your eye out!

Basenotes Plus

Quarry - congrats on the new Smartphone and welcome to 2019 lol

Unsettled by Bruno Fazzolari

I've never smelled Colony by Jean Patou (which inspired this scent) but I love the subtle exotic sea-spray + fruit with a stiff, crisp and minimalist sandalwood note. In fact I am having a soft-spot for minimalist-sandalwoods these days (L'Heure Promise I by Cartier; L'Arbre by IUNX, Concrete by CdG...). I love this stuff and I really drenched myself in it. My decant will be empty soon. F*ck it! Life is too short to not wear lots of a fragrance you love!
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Smell Good, Feel Good

"We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour...you’re gonna see some serious s***. ~ Dr. Emmett Brown, “Back To The Future”

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon all !. Having a Mediterranean Monday with Neroli Portofino

Tom Ford Oud Wood
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Hello all.

No. 5 Eau de Toilette by Chanel
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

SotE: Serge Lutens - Daim Blond.

Hi, everyone, and welcome to Monday!

Welcome aboard, sstoni, belated congrats, RHM on your daughter passing her exam, Quarry, I echo Mike's congratulations, but would perhaps alter the welcome to 2009, TrilbyLark, your Christmas sounds a lot like my Hanukkah and PL trees, plural?!?

Decided that L'Artisan Passage d'Enfer, from a sample, would do it for me today. So far, I'm right.

Passage d'Enfer fragrance notes: Aloe, White Lily, Myrrh, Frankincense, White Musk.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    Hi, everyone, and welcome to Monday!

Welcome aboard, sstoni, belated congrats, RHM on your daughter passing her exam, Quarry, I echo Mike's congratulations, but would perhaps alter the welcome to 2009, TrilbyLark, your Christmas sounds a lot like my Hanukkah and PL trees, plural?!? :rolleeysnew:

Decided that L'Artisan Passage d'Enfer, from a sample, would do it for me today. So far, I'm right.

Passage d'Enfer fragrance notes: Aloe, White Lily, Myrrh, Frankincense, White Musk.
    never heard of that one, looks very interesting, gooing to look into it

I went with Arabian Oud - Kalemat today.
    Currently wearing: Mitzah by Christian Dior

Q, I wish phones were all still dumb. I'm on mine way too much. I'm not quite the teenager who cannot disengage with devices at all...It's mostly work, browsing and communicating via text...and more work and more email.

I'm wearing my own Fields of Seville today which is a spicy lavender fragrance with a ton of lavender from Spain...it's deeper and darker lots of stems in the mix.
    MadHat Scents

Oud Gulab - Ruh Gulab, Taif Rose, Ambergris, Tobacco and Thai Oud

Basenotes Plus

Hello, all! Long time no smell! Soooo lovely to see folks! I am popping in for some fragrant distraction after a rough morning full of surprises. All is fine now; an inadvertent and unwelcome 18 hour fast is probably mostly to blame for making things seem so exceedingly trying-- really, vertigo and rage are no way to start the day, especially with unexpected issues first thing. Lol. I still feel a bit out of sorts and shopping for trekking poles didn’t cheer me up enough, so here I am!!! BN to the rescue.

Hugs to PL. You are amazing. I still don’t have a tree up, and I am in dire need of marzipan and chocolate covered lebkuchen.
    Quarry, congrats/condolences, smart phones can be a double edged sword, lol. (And I have had a draft email to you sitting too long! )
    Rynegne, that sounds wonderful! I am woefully behind on your creations, but was gifted some Madhat goodies recently by a BN angel and am as impressed as ever.
    Planning on a lot of L’AP Amour Nocturne after a nice shower.
    Hope everyone has a great day/evening!
    There are always flowers for those who want to see them.
    ~ Henri Matisse

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

IMG_20180904_152339_860.jpg

Boucheron Jaïpur Homme (1997)

This would work well on a woman too methinks. You gotta love vanilla and nutmeg.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil