Code of Conduct
o

Default A gift for my mom

My siblings have given me the mission to find a new perfume for my mom. She has been using Euphoria a while now, but is getting tired of it. She has also been wearing Private collection for special occasions. Other scents she has worn is JPG Classique (she finds it too sweet now), L'eau d'issey and Ellie Saab le parfum. She also seems to like No 19 and Coco mademoiselle. No 5 she finds oldfashioned a d same with Narciso Rodriguez For her. So I think she likes slightly fresh scents with a patchouli touch or scents leaning to the green side. Since I have a bit of a timelimit I'm thinking no niche. Hope to get inputs here She's 69,retired nurse. Loves gardening and homedesign.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 9th December 2019 at 12:39 PM.
    Currently wearing: Coco by Chanel

Sillage Monster

Default Re: A gift for my mom

How about Chanel Gabrielle? It’s a modern Chanel, not an old fashioned classic. This abstract floral is not too sweet and has a subtle sharpness reminiscent of a green. It’s one I particularly enjoy wearing outdoors, so she might enjoy it while gardening.
    Note to self: Choose being kind over being right, and you’ll be right every time.

Do you know if she's tried Angel, ine? This was my first thought after reading Euphoria and Coco Mad. And its beautiful presentation makes it seem especially great to me for Christmas gifting.

I also think she may like Piguet's Visa, though maybe less easy to source in time for Christmas. And Chanel has some lovely Coco Mademoiselle limited edition presentations for Christmas, (including one that's just a purse spray, I'm thinking- a nice amount to start with) with time left for guaranteed Christmas delivery.

Gabrielle is a fine rec, too. Agree this one could appeal to green lovers.

Your mom has fun fragrance tastes! Hope she ends up loving whatever you choose!
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.
    Currently wearing: No. 5 by Chanel

On the green side, I was thinking about the other Chanel, Cristalle (especially in the eau verte version). But perhaps she knows it already.

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Cristalle Eau Verte seems to have the broad appeal that fits my conception of something to give someone as a gift.

Thanks for the great suggestions so far. I know she often finds Angel too "spicy/ heavy" at least on me, but I think she likes the smell. When I suggesed it once she said she likes Euphoria better since it was fresher and fruitier. I have a feeling she might like Gabrielle and maybe Cristalle too....I will have to smell it again soon

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Cristalle Eau Verte seems to have the broad appeal that fits my conception of something to give someone as a gift.
    This a great suggestion, Cristalle Eau Verte is really nice. No 19 Poudre would also be a good one to try.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

In similar mode, perhaps Prada Infusion d'Iris ?
    But No 19 Poudre mostly springs to mind.
    January to Candlemas - cold, pale and dark : CdG Zagorsk; PradaInfusion d'Iris; L.T Piver Heliotrope Blanc; Etro Heliotrope and Vetiver; Gucci Guilty Absolute pH; Jacomo Jacomo de Jacomo; Lalique Encre Noire.
    Sampling Papillon Angelique; Tom Daxon Iridium; Rundholz Feb 14, 1912, Andy Tauer Lonesome Rider; Penhaligon's Sartorial; Tom Ford Ombre Leather.
    Currently wearing: Elixir by Penhaligon's

Basenotes Plus

What a lovely task! All of the suggestions thus far sound fantastic, just wanted to add Penhaligon's Empressa. (Pen's is also having a sale currently, btw, and the body cream was very affordable if you want to add that to the gift.) They have such pretty presentation, too. Let us know how it goes after xmas!
    There are always flowers for those who want to see them.
    ~ Henri Matisse

Freed from BN Institution

I'd recommend Diorella, a very nice fresh green aromatic with a smidge of patchouli in the base along with vetiver and oak moss.

From the same house, Miss Dior which has prominent notes of galbanum and aldehyde which also has patchouli and oak moss in the base.

Finally Dioressence which has prominent notes aldehyde, florals, and a significant dose of patchouli at the base.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Also adding two Hermes options from the same fragrance line, Voyage d'Hermes and Voyage d'Hermes Parfum, as well as a few Tom Ford ones, White Patchouli being among the ones with less of the showiness and nuclear beast mode performance typical for this house, to the (re) testing list

Chance Fraiche, Eau de Campagne, Un Jardin Sur Le Toit, Hindu Grass.
    "True change is within; leave the outside as it is."
    Dalai Lama
    Currently wearing: Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford

jul-lv.jpg

Mainly a very classic, papery patchouli and freshness. The other notes just support. Not sure about the greenness.
    Currently wearing: Black Aoud by Montale

Hello everyone Today I went giftshopping for my mom. They had both Cristalle and Gabrielle. I think Cristalle would suit her, but unfortunately they only had the tester left. I also concidered The verte by Bulgari and J'adore, but eventually settled on Gabrielle. I hope she'll like it oh, and thanks for all the great suggestions

Congratulations for the purchase and hoping she will enjoy Gabrielle, a very good choice among the currently available Chanel options